Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 13:26   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Spitfire does she look familiar? Where did yours go finally?
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:49   #1832
BHPian

Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
Standard Herald for sale in Bangalore.1972 model,second owner, LTT and insurance payed. Asking price is 45k. If anybody interested I can post the phone number of the seller.

@ Stanher : At the inception of this thread, you were a regular visitor at the scrap yard and posted your sightings quite a bit. In the process, you managed to save quite a few FIAT's. What is the scene there now ? Are you not paying visits to the scrapyards anymore or have good cars stopped coming to the yard ? Just curious, thats all.

Regards

Rahul
Yes Please! Share the contact numbers with me.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:07   #1833
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Spitfire does she look familiar? Where did yours go finally?
Nope not this one. Technically speaking, i don't have any

Now i have stopped tracking, too much of heartburn lol.
Old 25th October 2009, 23:54   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Mr. Suren, I must say this thread was one you'd created aptly!
'was wondering where to post this news....!

Here's a 1957 (going by the rim/s) Fiat 1100 elegant aka 'centrelight fiat' just brought in to a local scrapyard near Suraj talkies (Yakutpura) here in hyd. today.....my mech. saw it being towed on the way & notified me, rightly guessing where it was being taken...so sure enough we found it at this place in queue with the cars (mostly fiats!) that are to be scrapped.....I recently rescued my delight from here too btw!

However, we were told that this car is up for sale if anyone's interested, failing which the guy who bought it would ultimately have it scrapped!
He's told us that he'll meet us tomorrow & we could then check out the car in more detail (it was locked so could only check it out from outside) & talk about the price....
Now although I did make the first call to Suren who's the only classic enthusiast in HYd. I know looking for a classic, I'm making this public just in case, as I'd be sorry to see this car scrapped!
(Sorry for the delay in uploading the images Mr. Suren but having trouble with my net! Trying to post all pics. I took of the car too...)

Although do be warned, it wouldnt come dirt cheap, maybe just reasonable (between 20-25k), based on my recent personal experience...what's happening here nowadays is that these scrapguys dont mind picking up good fiats for even 17-18k, as they are able to make a good profit selling the parts viz. engine/gearbox/diff. to Bombay where I'm told they are much in demand....so a car in this condition would've been bought pretty much in that price range.
And from what I can see, its quite decent & basically needing a rolling restoration needing mainly many of the original cosmetic bits...but firstly need a new battery, which is why they'd towed it in.....

Incidentally, if saved in time, this car would also be welcome for the DECHAA vintage/classic rally here on 15th aug.!
Just want to know if the car is still there for sale or has it been broken down.Wanted to buy the car but if it has been cut i would like to get some parts from it.P.SINGH
Old 26th October 2009, 14:04   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.SINGH View Post
Just want to know if the car is still there for sale or has it been broken down.Wanted to buy the car but if it has been cut i would like to get some parts from it.P.SINGH

I had asked this question too but didnt get a reply. Wonder what has happend to her. Looked good to me.
Old 26th October 2009, 14:32   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
I had asked this question too but didnt get a reply. Wonder what has happend to her. Looked good to me.
Hi allana13 and Mr. P. Singh,

The car has been rescued by suren on the forum. Also Jay D chetta has replied to allana13's query on the same page no 115 of the classic available thread. here is the link to it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1503865-post1720.html

And for information, he is the one who started this thread :O}

Last edited by manishalive : 26th October 2009 at 14:34.
Old 26th October 2009, 14:43   #1837
BHPian

Thanks for the reply Manish,

However Suren has not replied back to my orignal posting with more information on the status of the restoration of the car.
Old 26th October 2009, 21:57   #1838
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had already replied to your query; please refer to my post following yours where you'd asked about this car.
Old 27th October 2009, 00:04   #1839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Stanher, thanks for your reply on that Fiat,wanted to know if u have any parts for Fiat in ur stock or do u know any one who has Fiat 1963 old parts.Thanks. Singh.
I do have a few parts still left, including a couple of grilles that come for '63-64 fiats.

Do feel free to pm me about what more you want, apart from the ones you'd mentioned earlier.
Old 27th October 2009, 04:14   #1840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I do have a few parts still left, including a couple of grilles that come for '63-64 fiats.

Do feel free to pm me about what more you want, apart from the ones you'd mentioned earlier.
Staner buddy let us know if you come across a Millencento to along with some spares
Old 28th October 2009, 16:34   #1841
BHPian

Guys
Can anyone pls help me in finding a Mustang..... Any model, Clean condition....I m trying to get my hands on one
Old 28th October 2009, 17:00   #1842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitgaur View Post
Guys
Can anyone pls help me in finding a Mustang..... Any model, Clean condition....I m trying to get my hands on one

I know of 2 going for sale.They are 6 cylinder ones and are late 60's cars.The price for each is Rs.38 lacs.I think they are way too over priced.
Old 1st November 2009, 14:45   #1843
BHPian

Land Rover

People,
Any of you know any old Land Rovers (series vehicles) up for grabs where the owner is not asking for the sun and the moon and my behind also with the money.
If not a Land Rover then the Toyota Landcruiser 40 series would also be very welcome.
Thanking you all in advance and awaiting eagerly.
Old 1st November 2009, 19:35   #1844
BHPian

The Landcruiser can best sourced from japan. there is a web site trade car view .com

The landrovers best from uk

hope this helps
Old 1st November 2009, 19:58   #1845
Senior - BHPian

dyer made checkout carwale a mumbai guy has 1 defender and RRfor sale both petrols. There are 2 more RR also going cheap need work also petrol PM speedy he has the lead cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks