Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2009, 16:23   #1816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Hey Jayd are you sure its a 200D? I thought there were only 190D's in the fin type series.
Yep! Its a 200D alrite. they can be easily identified bu the parking lights below the headlamps, and the air vents on the c pillar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I wonder actually if the OM616 is an original Merc unit too but thats for the buyer to see. Caveat Emptor!! Who knows the seller may get some obscene price like the jeep above.
Unfortunately, the only differences( that i know of) between the indian and the original Om 616 is the tempo logo on the valve cover, opposed to the merc logo on the original( easily swappable tho) and engine oil filler is on difference sides for both.

But once the logo is swapped, a layman could be easily duped. Especially, if he doesn't know how to look for the engine number etc.

Quote:
Amol, the Heckflosse was also available as a 200D from 65 onwards. I remember the owner of David's Garage in Worli who was my grandfather's friend (and thats where my cars would go back then) had a pristine ivory 200 W110.

ironically, the car i speak about is also ivory colour. With Tan leather (or is it mbtex?) interiors.
Old 17th October 2009, 20:26   #1817
Senior - BHPian

saw this ad in TEAM-BHP Classifieds
Team-BHP Classifieds - fiat elegant - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

see the asking price!!! must be joking
Old 17th October 2009, 21:44   #1818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
the car i speak about is also ivory colour. With Tan leather (or is it mbtex?) interiors.
Could be either. The leather would have tiny holes in them and the MBtex would have spots. I remember seeing Nani Palkhiwala's Mint fintail 200 petrol with a/c power steering (not sure but i was told), automatic transmission and cream leather. I wonder where the car is now.
Old 18th October 2009, 11:20   #1819
Senior - BHPian

INDIAN ROLLS ROYCES for sale in EUROPE

Famous Rolls-Royce Vintage Cars From India On Sale | Elite Choice
Old 20th October 2009, 19:28   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Mr. Suren, I must say this thread was one you'd created aptly!
'was wondering where to post this news....!
==================
Incidentally, if saved in time, this car would also be welcome for the DECHAA vintage/classic rally here on 15th aug.!
Hi Stanher,ijust saw the Fiat pictures,if its still there, i am interested in it.Please let me know.Thanks.SINGH.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st October 2009 at 13:12. Reason: Please do not quote the entire post. Thanks
Old 20th October 2009, 20:26   #1821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.SINGH View Post
Hi Stanher,ijust saw the Fiat pictures,if its still there, i am interested in it.Please let me know.Thanks.SINGH.
Sorry Singh Saab, fortunately or unfortunately, you were too late for it!

Please go through this thread in detail to know what happened of this car:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...lp-needed.html
Old 20th October 2009, 21:09   #1822
BANNED

Classics available for purchase

Single owner Herald in Bengaluru.

For sale and asking price is supposedly 3.50 lacs

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 20th October 2009 at 21:16. Reason: wrong info posted earlier
Old 21st October 2009, 00:41   #1823
RVD
BHPian

Standard Herald for sale in Bangalore.1972 model,second owner, LTT and insurance payed. Asking price is 45k. If anybody interested I can post the phone number of the seller.

@ Stanher : At the inception of this thread, you were a regular visitor at the scrap yard and posted your sightings quite a bit. In the process, you managed to save quite a few FIAT's. What is the scene there now ? Are you not paying visits to the scrapyards anymore or have good cars stopped coming to the yard ? Just curious, thats all.

Regards

Rahul
Old 21st October 2009, 09:20   #1824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
@ Stanher : At the inception of this thread, you were a regular visitor at the scrap yard and posted your sightings quite a bit. In the process, you managed to save quite a few FIAT's. What is the scene there now ? Are you not paying visits to the scrapyards anymore or have good cars stopped coming to the yard ? Just curious, thats all.
Both you can say!
As per my sources, the older fiats are usually not to be seen there now, its more of the padminis that are being broken....plus an assortment of more recent vehicles. Plus I've got a job (albeit part-time, its at a rather "inconvenient" time of the day) that keeps me away from my earlier "frivilous" jaunts! :(
Old 21st October 2009, 21:30   #1825
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
atrocious price for a former ambullance in BARODA
That Bus was never an ambulance all its life. It only served the UNICEF office at Baroda. All but STOCK and ORIGINAL

Anyways that Atrociously priced Baywindow is now sold to a very gentle human being and an avid VW enthusiast,and i'll have the opportunity to introduce its first drive in Namma Bengaluru roads within few hours

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 21st October 2009 at 21:32.
Old 21st October 2009, 21:44   #1826
BHPian

+1 the bus is a rather good example, but for some minor work and mebe a new clutch ,I think its in a fairly decent shape overall."atrociously priced" or not, the bus is on its way to someone who will restore, maintain and value it.
Old 21st October 2009, 22:13   #1827
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu View Post
spotted a baywindow near hinjewadi(pune) in a junkyard. the car is surprisingly complete though it doesnt have the number plate. have taken pics will post them when i get home in the evening.
Bring it on Buddy, we would love to add one more to our collection in Bangy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat001 View Post
+1 the bus is a rather good example, but for some minor work and mebe a new clutch ,I think its in a fairly decent shape overall."atrociously priced" or not, the bus is on its way to someone who will restore, maintain and value it.

What say brat, Birds of the same tree flock to-gether. When is that you are going to tell your story

So its 3 Bus in Namma Bengaluru, apart from the 2 Bays with one Dealer and one more Split by someone who's not willing to restore it.

That makes it 2 Splits and 4 baywindow's in Bangy

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 21st October 2009 at 22:19.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:41   #1828
Senior - BHPian

Note from Team-Bhp Support Team - As mentioned earlier please use the valuation thread for price discussion, this thread is only for Availability of classics for purchase.

Earlier we were moving OT posts to the valuation thread but from now on any such posts would be deleted. Thanks
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:22   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
What say brat, Birds of the same tree flock to-gether. When is that you are going to tell your story
Pictures speak thousand words, This was a Classic Available sometime ago, but now its NOT.

God has been kind to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-cimg5631.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2009, 12:47   #1830
Senior - BHPian

More pictures would surely speak volumes if posted

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks