Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 21:35   #1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
this sunday is the vccci meet at vashi, anyone entering?
I am. Entered today after a bit of persuation. What are you getting? Are the rover's bumpers back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
To get Garam Dharam on this forum you will need a months supply of scotch and a drum of Dog Blood...

Good to see you back on the forum after such a long time.....Glad you are back after everything!!

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 10th December 2008 at 21:37.
Old 10th December 2008, 23:02   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
To get Garam Dharam on this forum you will need a months supply of scotch and a drum of Dog Blood...
And I guess a tanker of lassi from his own hometown in punjab (which I read, is how he gets them!)

BTW, forgive my ignorance, who is "the good doc" some of you mention??
Old 10th December 2008, 23:22   #1278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
this sunday is the vccci meet at vashi, anyone entering?
What rally is this ? Where in Vashi ? Details .
Old 10th December 2008, 23:23   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Rover is right now getting her brakes overhauled, the servo actually which is the most troublesome part in this car, I will be accompanying my friend in his Ponton.
Old 10th December 2008, 23:28   #1280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
We have heard much about it, but unable to make contact. Can you help?
Let me try. We stayed at the wooden outhouse at their home during our stay at Panchgani. I dont know them personally - a friend's father from Waii arranged for the stay. I should have a couple of pics of the car somewhere - unfortunately those were before I got into digicams.
Old 11th December 2008, 01:19   #1281

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
What rally is this ? Where in Vashi ? Details .
The event is on Sunday. I am supposed to be there at 8-A.M.
The event will be flagged of at 10AM. The assembly point is at Centre one if i am not mistaken. Amol, correct me if i am wrong please.
Old 11th December 2008, 08:26   #1282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Let me try. We stayed at the wooden outhouse at their home during our stay at Panchgani. I dont know them personally - a friend's father from Waii arranged for the stay. I should have a couple of pics of the car somewhere - unfortunately those were before I got into digicams.
Can you recall driving directions? Is it Mahabaleshwar or Panchgani? Some more details please. We tried a few times to locate but couldn't.
Old 11th December 2008, 10:55   #1283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
The event is on Sunday. I am supposed to be there at 8-A.M.
The event will be flagged of at 10AM. The assembly point is at Centre one if i am not mistaken. Amol, correct me if i am wrong please.

Just received an SMS that the VCCCI Vashi Rally has been postponed because Police permission was not forthcomming. Suggest make different plans on Sunday for all affected.
Old 11th December 2008, 13:30   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Can you recall driving directions? Is it Mahabaleshwar or Panchgani? Some more details please. We tried a few times to locate but couldn't.
It is in between. You need to take a left as you drive from Mahabaleshwar, just before you enter Panchgani. The house faces the ravine/gorge. Will get you the exact driving directions after I call up the old man later tonite.

Why do you go into all this trouble to locate this car? Its nothing special - except for the fact that it is mostly original. It was rusting in several places and wasnt being used at all.
Old 11th December 2008, 13:54   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
We have heard much about it, but unable to make contact. Can you help?

We are trying to rope in stalwarts like the good Doc, Dharamji etc. Im told Rajnikant still has his first Fiat, as do the Ambani bros keep their fathers car. We are in regular contact with the Lal Bahadur Shastri museum which houses his car, bought when he was in office, on installments! Can you comprehend a Prime Minister buying a car on installments? If that wasn't enough, after he passed away, his family made sure all the remaining payments were made too. Picture courtesy Prabal. The museum informs us that they have recently fitted whitewall tyres on the car too.
Guess the Bollywood hero Akshay Kumar's first car was a Fiat too, excerpts from the page whose link is given below:

"My first car was a 1956 model Fiat which is colloquially called a ´dukkar Fiat´. I have preserved it in mint condition. I still use it sometimes. When I have to go to the beach for a jog at four thirty in the morning I even use the motorcycle."

As seen on: Vikrant's World: Akshay Kumar is King
Old 15th December 2008, 15:01   #1286
BHPian

Hi guys, after what Mumbai has gone through on 26/11 and the unforgetful scars left behind in the aftermath, we are trying to get back to normal routines, although very difficult to recover from the same.

Therefore, we have just contacted Anil Jain to reshedule our pending Mumbai-Bhiwandi FCCCI Drive/Rally, which will now be held on Sunday, 21st December 2008.
As before, he has most willingly agreed and invited us to his place in Bhiwandi where there is a school campus, and where we can drive to and have Lunch.
Once at the venue, we will also pay our respects to the Martyrs who have given up their lives, selflessly for the nation.

The place is about 45-50 kms from Dadar, Mumbai and we have to go via Thane.
Being a Sunday, I think it will not take more than an hour to drive there.
FIATS, non FIATS, VINTAGES, SUPERCARS and FAMILIES are all welcome.

The plan is to meet up at the end of the Dadar - Sion flyover (before Priyadarshani) between 1000 - 1030 am and depart for Bhiwandi soon, thereafter.

@Subhash, Kiran and Pune guys: We need your confirmations.
@Karl. Could you please check with Harit as well, if he is joining?
@Cyrus and Ravi: Please try to get in touch with ALL your contacts and re-confirm.

I will be simultaneously checking with Feroze Mehta, Hormusji Cama, Marespand, Jimmy Marker, Mr Naik, Solanki's and Fali Dhondi.

Route details as hereunder: (Just for your knowledge)
Bandra to turning of Bhiwandi Bypass - 47 kms
Bhiwandi Bypass to Bhairav foundation - 2-3 kms
Toll at Mulund TollNaka: Rs 30/-
Toll at Thane TollNaka: Rs 35/- (for Return fare)
Toll will be borne by each individual member/car.

So, once again, please feel free to get your near and dear ones, families and all your friends in any vehicle, who would like to join and have a nice and FIATFUL Sunday.

Kindly start posting in your confirmations for the event.

Last edited by President : 15th December 2008 at 15:07.
Old 15th December 2008, 16:35   #1287
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

--Mood Indigo 2008--Annual Cultural Festival of IIT Bombay--Asia's Largest Cultural Festival--

I will miss, FCCCI meet as I have conform with HVOCT. Date is clashing yaar!!!. Sorry guys wont be able to join. Will miss such a nice place to visit.

But still all the best from me.
Old 15th December 2008, 18:16   #1288
BHPian

Had it been on the 28th, I would have definitely made it. Sigh! :(
Old 15th December 2008, 22:18   #1289
Senior - BHPian

This is so bad.. This is so bad..
I'm really sorry guys, but I have to be in NAGPUR on the 21st as my cousin is getting married the same day. Sad to lose out on such a super event :(
I will definitely check with all my contacts and post confirmations starting tomorrow.
Old 15th December 2008, 22:27   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Sorry President, have to miss this one as i have already promised two cars for the IIT event on the 21st.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks