Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 20:43   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
There is absolutely no way we will have competitions amongst ourselves in the FCCC, it will only invite trouble. Firstly we need to be registered in order to compete. For that we need a registered office, a bank account, a treasurer, minutes to be recorded and so on. Competitions amongst us will just create bad blood, believe me, I speak from experience!
I agree with you 100%, I am quite happy with the placid, non competitive environment that we have at the FCCCI, I think its a very well thought of structure/non structure, I also think members should not look at being allowed/ not allowed at VCCCI as a personal judgement on themselves or their Fiats. Events like our last FCCCI rally come with equal amount of satisfaction(some times more) and comarardrie (to me) than any VCCCI or other rallies. In anycase the scale and level of cars at VCCCI is so huge that i feel lost even with my Ponton and Rover. But compete I will with the dukkar
Old 11th October 2008, 22:06   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
There is absolutely no way we will have competitions amongst ourselves in the FCCC, it will only invite trouble. Firstly we need to be registered in order to compete. For that we need a registered office, a bank account, a treasurer, minutes to be recorded and so on. Competitions amongst us will just create bad blood, believe me, I speak from experience!
with you Karl!

I refer to our first meet on the 12th August '07 at Carter Road when we FIAT enthusiasts (Subhash, Gogi, Feroze, Varun, Behram, Cyrus, myself and others) got together to kick off FCCCI - Mumbai chapter.
If everyone remembers..... we had jointly decided and agreed that this would be an independent non-official, non-competitive club, without any publicity or politics, plainly to enjoy one FIATFUL SUNDAY every month interacting with like minded FIAT enthusiasts and to have a good time without any official duties or paper work attached for anyone. And, I can see that the FCCCI - Mumbai Club going places in full swing with lots of cheer as per the above guidelines, till today. Last Sundays Rally and previous FCCCI- Mumbai events including Anniversary celebrations have proven the same.

cheers: FCCCI !
Old 11th October 2008, 22:42   #1113
Senior - BHPian

With so much pride that we have in our dear FCCCI i thought i would post this picture here of my grandfather in his FIAT 1100 Balilla at Parsee Colony at dadar, the same place we all meet for our FCCCI meets in mumbai. This was in the late 40's. This pic can be also viewed in the Old photgraphs thread but somehow I thought I had to make him a member here, sadly he passed away in 1959.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-sabnis45.gif  

Old 12th October 2008, 00:55   #1114

WHOAAA!!! Amol, that is a beautifull picture!! That is JB Vachha school in the background. I am sure my granny dhabhar can put some more comments on this picture!!

You have made my day!!
Old 12th October 2008, 01:11   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Karl. Life is so much peacefull. Have fun exchange notes have more fun with no bad blood,politics and head home. Majha ni life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Events like our last FCCCI rally come with equal amount of satisfaction(some times more) and comarardrie (to me) than any VCCCI or other rallies. In anycase the scale and level of cars at VCCCI is so huge that i feel lost even with my Ponton and Rover. But compete I will with the dukkar
I believe it would be more Satisfying and Comarardrie than the VCCCI rallys. There is no tension of how the car is looking, what comment has been passed and the massive Egos that exist. This is more like a brotherhood where everyone takes care of each other. I prefer and love these sort of events and someday i shall join in even if i dont have a fiat (back up car you see).
Dont worry your not the only one who feels lost.

Last edited by speedy : 12th October 2008 at 01:13.
Old 12th October 2008, 01:19   #1116
Senior - BHPian

VCCCI and so forth

Y'know something guys, I want to simply enjoy my Fiat than get into a silly ego spat with the VCCCI and the guys who run the show there. Honestly, and I think most of you would agree with me on this, the FCCCI was formed more out of passion than out of any need to be recognised or anything of that sort.
Of course, principles apart, if it comes to taking panga with them, then I'm right there with you all- decide what's to be done.
Old 12th October 2008, 01:32   #1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Of course, principles apart, if it comes to taking panga with them, then I'm right there with you all- decide what's to be done.
For panga purposes, we have Krish Uncles Super duper reinforced and fitted with tobasco sauce spray Fiat!! I would love to see him in all his glory taking on the VCCCI. And i know for a fact that there will be many "pecularly bawa" words used!!

May the FCCCI brotherhood grow and may we all one day look back and enjoy the moments....AMEN!!

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 12th October 2008 at 01:36.
Old 12th October 2008, 10:15   #1118
BHPian

Fiats, Friends And Fun!

Guys! Lets discontinue all this propaganda, contradiction and politics from now and continue enjoying our FIATFUL FCCCI for what it was meant to be.
Also, lets respect all other organisations and clubs equivalently.

Our motto for FCCCI should strictly be the 3 F's:
FIATS, FRIENDS and FUN.
Old 12th October 2008, 14:19   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Fiats, friends, FOOD, and fun.

Rony, it should be "Fiats, Friends, FOOD, and Fun" !! I'm surprised you forgot the main bit, ie the food .
Old 12th October 2008, 19:57   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
For panga purposes, we have Krish Uncles Super duper reinforced and fitted with tobasco sauce spray Fiat!! I would love to see him in all his glory taking on the VCCCI. And i know for a fact that there will be many "pecularly bawa" words used!!

May the FCCCI brotherhood grow and may we all one day look back and enjoy the moments....AMEN!!
Recommend him to install a flame thrower. He will love it
Old 13th October 2008, 10:13   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Well friends this all was started by me and I was standing a side since 2 days and was seeing what all is commented by each one of us.

All you must be wondering why I did this? Well hear is the answer from me…

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-vccci.jpg

When I received this from VCCCI, I was very happy but then after a week I received a call and some madam told me that “Fiat’s are not allowed in the club.” I was heart at that time. When you have published the information on the website, then how can you contradict the same? Why don’t they write on the website the same information?
Old 13th October 2008, 14:14   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
When I received this from VCCCI, I was very happy but then after a week I received a call and some madam told me that “Fiat’s are not allowed in the club.” I was heart at that time. When you have published the information on the website, then how can you contradict the same? Why don’t they write on the website the same information?
Please do save this reciept. It will come handy later on. Thank you rjvora.
Old 13th October 2008, 15:03   #1123
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree completely with Karl. I am not in it for competing but just for meeting like minded people and enjoying my hobby. Being in the thick of corporate world, I compete every second, every minute, every hour, every day and believe me, guys play dirty just for the sake of playing dirty. Please spare me the agony at least as far as my hobby is concerned. In my opinion, VCCCI has overgrown its own identity and as Amol said, a privateer will feel lost. In our meet, everybody enjoyed, so let's keep it that way. We have a good thing going, let's not spoil it.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 14th October 2008, 10:26   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Please do save this reciept. It will come handy later on. Thank you rjvora.
I will keep it with me for my entire life time. but do you think it will be of any use in feature?
Old 14th October 2008, 10:29   #1125
Distinguished - BHPian

In the midst of this discussion, Id like to make one thing clear. Whoever is making any suggestion on course of action or purely voicing their opinions (including me) on the matter, is doing so in their personal capacity, and in no way reflecting any stance taken by the Fiat Classic Car Club of India. I think we can all agree on that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks