Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2008, 22:10   #886
BHPian

Recently I spotted a very original Fiat Milicento- 1954 model, made in Italy. The owner was kind enough to allow me to take some photographs ( Cell phone images ). He also allowed me to drive his car. I was really impressed with the performance of the car. Mr.Jasmeet Singh may part with this beauty if he finds the right buyer !

Hope you find the Fiat as interesting as I did.

S.B.Jatti.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-all-pictures-017.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-all-pictures-018.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-all-pictures-019.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-all-pictures-020.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-all-pictures-021.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-all-pictures-022.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-all-pictures-023.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-all-pictures-024.jpg  

Old 9th September 2008, 23:42   #887
Senior - BHPian

Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Guys, a recent report in a leading daily says, the government is seriously taking up a time bound proposal to phase out Premier Padmini taxies. I found this very, very disturbing. Fiat taxies are and will always be a symbol of Bombay city, and are as much wedded to the city's heritage, as is the gateway of India monument. We cannot let them die so easily. Just as London has her iconic London cabs, and New York her own Taxies, so will Mumbai.
Most of us have grown up around fond memories of Fiat taxies. The clinical efficiency of the new breed of aircon taxies can never replace the classic flavour of a Padmini (Fiat) taxi. The sense of an almost majestic old world charm a fiat taxi conveys, with her gleaming chromed bits, the column shifter, and the bench front seat, is in a world if its own !! These are Mumbai's symbols, and should continue to remain so, - albeit in a more modern format .
Can we come up with serious ideas / proposals to keep maybe even a limited number of these cabs alive, with just that little bit of modernization to keep them going ?
This could be the FCCCI Mumbai's mission for 2009, and we could let our Anniversary celebrations kick off this campaign.
Get into action, fellow Fiat lovers, or the beloved padmini will soon be extinct. I propose we get togehter to discuss ideas which will crystallize into a serious proposal to be mooted, in collaboration with the RTO authorities, the WIAA, and any private body interested in preserving this important and irrepleacable bit from our city's heritage.
Any takers ??
Guys please read this post of mine. I suggest we seriously do something about this, or fiats will be gone forever !
Old 10th September 2008, 00:54   #888

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
Recently I spotted a very original Fiat Milicento- 1954 model, made in Italy. The owner was kind enough to allow me to take some photographs ( Cell phone images ). He also allowed me to drive his car. I was really impressed with the performance of the car. Mr.Jasmeet Singh may part with this beauty if he finds the right buyer !

Hope you find the Fiat as interesting as I did.

S.B.Jatti.

WOW!! That is an original car indeed!! Every Single thing is absolutely original!!
Old 10th September 2008, 01:10   #889
Senior - BHPian

Wow thats an amazingly original Millicento. The only other one i have seen kept like this is one from Bombay and another Delhi car owned by Team member Farhan Kidwai.

Now that the Fiats are gonna be called of the roads, i can already see Karl and Ronnie camping at the chor bazar.
Old 10th September 2008, 09:46   #890
Distinguished - BHPian

Pre resto pictures of the same car. Indeed one of the better cars around.

Jatti Sahab, what figure is he looking at for this beauty? Do tell him to try and locate the original wheelcaps, dicky lock and rear badge. Is the plastic "Millecento" badge on the dash intact?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat12.jpg  

Old 10th September 2008, 09:56   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Pre resto pictures of the same car. Indeed one of the better cars around.
Jatti Sahab, what figure is he looking at for this beauty?
Isnt this the same car that Ishan had posted or informed about?
If it is then the prices asked for in unrestored condition was extra exhorbidant. More in the range of a restored Chrysler Windsor id say. Now take the hint. Ishan and me died laughing.
Old 10th September 2008, 10:20   #892
BHPian

Millicento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
WOW!! That is an original car indeed!! Every Single thing is absolutely original!!
@CYRUS:- Although the car is looking Decent, if you watch closer, the front parking lights, Wheel caps, Dicky lock handle, Dicky badge/monogram and also some fittings on the Dash incl. ignition switch and key are not OH! REE! G!! NAL!!!
Cyrus Dikra, next time put on your thick and "ORIGINAL" glasses before commenting.

He He He!

Last edited by President : 10th September 2008 at 10:32.
Old 10th September 2008, 10:28   #893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
@CYRUS:- Although the car is looking Decent, if you watch closer, the Wheel caps, Dicky lock handle, Dicky badge/monogram and also some fittings on the Dash incl. ignition switch and key are not OH! REE! G!! NAL!!!

He He He!
On closer inspection even the side trims are altered. Perhaps they weren't even fitted to this car originally, as there are no holes in the earlier picture, and the brochure scans uploaded on another thread confirm my suspicion that some models came without side trims.
Old 10th September 2008, 10:44   #894
BHPian

Quote:
On closer inspection even the side trims are altered. Perhaps they weren't even fitted to this car originally, as there are no holes in the earlier picture, and the brochure scans uploaded on another thread confirm my suspicion that some models came without side trims.
I fully agree with you Karl.

And, I guess someone has gone to the extent of screwing the (not original) side trim (pattis) as a measure of safety.
Old 10th September 2008, 12:43   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Isnt this the same car that Ishan had posted or informed about?
If it is then the prices asked for in unrestored condition was extra exhorbidant. More in the range of a restored Chrysler Windsor id say. Now take the hint. Ishan and me died laughing.
As I already have a milicento, I did not enquire from Mr.Jasmeet Singh, what price he was expecting. As I have noted down his number I am giving the same here, you may kindly contact him directly : 09810250005.
Thanks, S.B.Jatti.
Old 10th September 2008, 15:14   #896
Senior - BHPian

Jattiji this car was also advertised in Autox if i remember right.

@ Gogi bhai the picture of the unrestored car then that Karl has posted now is from Chatturpur, that Ishan had posted earlier. the price was unreasonable then and i am sure it would be now too.
Old 10th September 2008, 15:39   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
As I already have a milicento, I did not enquire from Mr.Jasmeet Singh, what price he was expecting. As I have noted down his number I am giving the same here, you may kindly contact him directly : 09810250005.
Thanks, S.B.Jatti.
Thanks but No thanks sir
I have my own batch of milicentos to worry about but appreciate your gesture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Jattiji this car was also advertised in Autox if i remember right.

@ Gogi bhai the picture of the unrestored car then that Karl has posted now is from Chatturpur, that Ishan had posted earlier. the price was unreasonable then and i am sure it would be now too.
Also with holes in the wheel cap filled in
Exactly what i have posted earlier Abhi.
Well, i dont know how to say this but Ishan told me the owner wanted 9 lakhs for the unrestored car...
Guys....... Guys...... Ronnie.... Karl......get up.
Oh my God!!
They have fainted...someone call a doctor

Last edited by V-16 : 10th September 2008 at 15:40.
Old 10th September 2008, 16:18   #898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Well, i dont know how to say this but Ishan told me the owner wanted 9 lakhs for the unrestored car...
Guys....... Guys...... Ronnie.... Karl......get up.
Oh my God!!
They have fainted...someone call a doctor
By that calculation my Fiats have made me a very rich man!
Old 10th September 2008, 16:49   #899
BHPian

FIAT owners are millionaires

Quote:
By that calculation my Fiats have made me a very rich man!
With todays BAD times in the Financial market, where there are no more avenues for investments with good returns, investing in FIATS surely gets more returns than the BEST of Mutual Funds available.

FIAT ENTHUSIAST = Passionate and Proud Ownership happiness + Safe Investment returns

Karl, Gogi, Behram and all Fiat collectors....Lets go and Party tonite.

Last edited by President : 10th September 2008 at 16:56.
Old 11th September 2008, 20:53   #900
Senior - BHPian

Okay Boys, let's have a head count for Sunday's meet:
1) Cyrus43
2) SuperSelect
3) Behram sir
4) Rony (with the President, pleeeease !)
5) Gogi (we've been missing you too much dude, and with the peshal, pleeeease !)
6) Amol
7) Can anyone please call Anil Jain ??
8) Please add your names.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks