Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2012, 23:09   #4096
BHPian

Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Yes, that was our dearest Rony a.k.a. 'President' on Team BHP. The show was talking about cars of the Maharajas, and also more common cars of us lesser mortals

Many pictures were taken from Team BHP, and a mention of the source was made at the bottom.

If someone can get a hold of the Youtube link please do share.
Karlosdeville
Hi.The name mentioned was Mr.Vesunia(as far as I remember) and he was wearing a sort of china blue t-shirt with horizontal spaced stripes.
I did try on the channel and I couldnt find the programme.
2 days back have sent a message to them.So far no reply.
In case I get a link I would definitely post it.
Regards
Old 20th December 2012, 15:25   #4097
BHPian

Fiat SuperSelect & Fiat 1100 Delite Taxis in same scene-Marathi movie SINHASAN (1980)

Hi all,
Here is an interesting pic showing scene from famous Marathi movie SINHASAN (1980) in which Fiat SuperSelect & Fiat 1100 Delite taxis appear in a same frame shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-ssd.jpg  

dhrishikesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2012, 21:26   #4098
BHPian

Congratulations Scooby. Welcome to the Fiat fraternity. My resolution for the new year is to get my fiats on the road, hopefully, mechanics, painters and God, willing, in that order. sad that you had to part with the cheys though. I can understand what you say.Managing these beauties alone can be a bit trying, I am in the same boat, so can sympathise. She looks neat and clean so I can see her driving to Nasik next month, perhaps with a Sanden compressor?
Bulldogji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2012, 13:07   #4099
Senior - BHPian

It could be a good idea to get into Fiats now that Cartier has shown interest. Just imagine if you could get hold of a Maharaja Fiat, there was one for sale a few years ago, it was a bit pricy. But looking at todays prices they can only go up.
I am contemplating on Fiats, here is the first item for the documentation.
I believe that these manuals are now quite rare.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-premier-manual.jpg  

harit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2012, 19:24   #4100
BHPian

Hi,

I recently purchased this 1972 Laurel green Fiat 1100d, The car is in original paint, with all original parts. This was a truly impulsive purchase as the car was in immaculate condition. It will pair nicely with my grey and white Fiat.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat-1100d-laurel-green.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat-1100d-grey-white.jpg  

bharat malaviya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2012, 23:57   #4101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat malaviya View Post
Hi,

I recently purchased this 1972 Laurel green Fiat 1100d, The car is in original paint, with all original parts. This was a truly impulsive purchase as the car was in immaculate condition. It will pair nicely with my grey and white Fiat.
Congrats Bharat, it is truly a fantastic car - I believe the first owner was a magistrate in Ahmedabad, and very very sparingly used. I'm not too sure if paint was original or a very old overcoat, but either ways an outstanding car, and in the right hands gladly.
Old 23rd December 2012, 21:25   #4102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat malaviya View Post
Superb Fiat, Bharat !! Immaculate is the word. Looking forward to seeing her at the next FCCCI meet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Imperial and central at bombay central also dont have the oil filter. also replacing the gear and diff oils with castrol 90 grade.
Hey Scooby - that's a fabulous Fiat you've got your hands on, mate - Envy you!!
'Sundar Auto Stores' opposite Podar hospital at Worli, had a few oil filters left - you can try your luck there !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
Guys.. I am happy to announce that a another fiat (Premier) has joined the Bombay circuits.. this is a child hood dream come true for me. My very own PP.
Nice car Shivshanker.. My God, it's raining Delights on the Forum !!
Old 24th December 2012, 21:01   #4103
BHPian

Dear Sri Behram
It was a such a pleasure in getting to know you. I just wanted to reconfirm whether the 1976 fiats had 3 ashtrays for the rear seats one in the centre of the front seat and 2 on the rear doors. I have managed to procure the ashtrays but would like to reconfirm before fixing them. There is a slot in the rear of the front seat. Any help from the fiat gurus would be appreciated.
With regards
Venkat kumar
Old 25th December 2012, 12:36   #4104
BHPian

FCCCI - Mumbai Drive to Cafe Mondegar, Dec 30th, 2012

Time for another FCCCI - Mumbai Drive from Bandra side of sea-link to 'Cafe Mondegar' via the sea-link on Sunday, December 30th, 2012.

Meet up at 8.30am just before the Sea-link toll (as usual) and after a photoshoot, head for Cafe Mondegar, Colaba by 9ish for brunch with the 5 F's. (by now, everyone knows what that stands for )
Let us stay bumper to bumper and make our presence felt in aamchi mumbai enroute.

There is enough of time to pamper and get the babes shining for another glamorous drive, so hoping that all the beauties are detailed and gleaming on this Sunday.
Also looking forward to seeing the new entries - Scooby's and Mallaviya's beautiful Delights and aapro Gogibhai's freshly restored Millecento along with others, if any, that I may have missed out.

Please pour in your confirmations for the drive on another Super Sunday.
Old 25th December 2012, 12:43   #4105
Senior - BHPian

Rony, it happens to be the long weekend, so am out of town for the weekend. Hope to next time join in.
Old 25th December 2012, 13:02   #4106
BHPian

Quote:
Rony, it happens to be the long weekend, so am out of town for the weekend. Hope to next time join in.
Ok Scooby, we will see you at the next meet/drive in January then. All the best with your new acquisition. I have seen the car personally earlier and it is one of the best and very original Delights around.
Old 25th December 2012, 13:08   #4107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Ok Scooby, we will see you at the next meet/drive in January then. All the best with your new acquisition. I have seen the car personally earlier and it is one of the best and very original Delights around.
Thanks Rony, Can you help me with the side Chrome Pattis, WW tyres, and hubcaps Please. Where and when had you seen this car? Was it for sale for a long time and why did someone not pick her up?
Old 25th December 2012, 13:31   #4108
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rony, Can you help me with the side Chrome Pattis, WW tyres, and hubcaps Please. Where and when had you seen this car? Was it for sale for a long time and why did someone not pick her up?
I had seen the car in Pune about a month ago when it was put up for sale by a mechanic who probably had purchased the car from the first owner. He did a shoddy job of painting the wheels and trying to detail the engine area ignorantly, in order to make it an attractive project for sale. I for one, would have preferred the car in 'as is where is' original condition though. Your Delight is a wonderful museum material and do your best to preserve its originality.

All your above parts requirements have become rare to find, still not impossible though. Will surely keep in mind for you. If I can remember your car has the very very rare President type chrome hub caps with Fiat in the centre instead of PAL which are original for the car. They are worth in Gold in whatever condition presently. Black wall MRF Tyres are still available and you should consider grabbing a set while they last. Whitewalls are history. WW inserts on black tyres have become an option as of late.

Cheers!
Rony

Last edited by President : 25th December 2012 at 13:36. Reason: adding more info
Old 25th December 2012, 17:23   #4109
BHPian

Dear Mr Rony,Mr Karl
I am Venkat Kumar from Coimbatore and I am in the process of restoring my 1976 Premier Padmini.I had the pleasure of meeting Mr Behram when he was in Coimbatore last week and it was he who mentioned to me that you were very knowledgeable about Fiats and Premiers.He told me that the 1976 Padmini came with a black plastic grill and I would be grateful to you if you could let me know as to where I could try to procure one.I being a newbie I am not able to pm you and hence this post.
My no is 9363123964.Any help would be highly appreciated.
With warm regards
Venkat Kumar
Old 25th December 2012, 19:13   #4110
BHPian

Can't wait till Sunday!! Count me in with my father, hope to get them clean and ready by Sunday.

1) Fiat 1100d (grey & white)
2) Fiat 1100d (green)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks