Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 23:45   #3571

Re: The mystery deepens..

Hey where is this beauty Lying?
Old 30th April 2011, 10:32   #3572
BHPian

Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

My friend Sandeep managed to find grab handles for his Fiat. Though not original, they will surely give the car a period feel and look when complete.
The Fiat was towed from the painter to the mechanic where final assembly has begun.
Manish, I have informed Sandeep about your requirement when he travels to Mumbai next and once he gets it, we will inform you accordingly.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat1.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-grabhandle.jpg  

Old 1st May 2011, 22:26   #3573
Senior - BHPian

Hey Amar, the car's turning out real nice !! We need to form a 'Blue-and-White Fiat Club' now, considering the number of Fiats being done up in this livery
Looking forward to seeing this beauty on the roads, and my best wishes to Sandeep - may he enjoy many miles of blissful motoring with his Fiat !!
SuperSelect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2011, 23:18   #3574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
MAS must have been around 1986, we had a high roof van with this series.

Cheers harit
MAS 1010 is a 1884 model positively, we had a dolphin car no. MAS 537, (pls se pic in the thread Nostalgic pics of our FAMILY CARS) brought in 1984 March.Regards............
Old 2nd May 2011, 10:25   #3575
BHPian

Hello Ravi,
Thank you for the kind words. Sandeep's friend is doing up his 1988 Premier Padmini in a similar combination, which is getting a bit too much as I personally do not consider the Padmini a classic unlike the President, Select, Super Select, etc.

The engine has been assembled and painted. Sandeep informs me that the original dynamo has been replaced by alternator, fuel pump has also been replaced. Next jobs planned are fuel tank cleaning and complete suspension overhauling. Today, the interior upholstery like roof lining will be complete, only then the front and rear windshields will be in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hey Amar, the car's turning out real nice !! We need to form a 'Blue-and-White Fiat Club' now, considering the number of Fiats being done up in this livery
Looking forward to seeing this beauty on the roads, and my best wishes to Sandeep - may he enjoy many miles of blissful motoring with his Fiat !!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat-engine.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-photo0575.jpg  

Old 10th May 2011, 14:36   #3576
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted often on Mumbai's mean streets.

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-01.jpg

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-02.jpg

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-001.jpg

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-002.jpg

Thanks to binz for pics of the purple car.
Old 10th May 2011, 19:06   #3577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
The engine has been assembled and painted. Sandeep informs me that the original dynamo has been replaced by alternator, fuel pump has also been replaced. Next jobs planned are fuel tank cleaning and complete suspension overhauling. Today, the interior upholstery like roof lining will be complete, only then the front and rear windshields will be in place.
Hi Amar,
The car is turning out to look very beautiful, one more addition to the 'Bombay Blue's' club as me and Ravi call it, albeit from Pune . Regarding the engine paint combination, the waterpump pulley, crank pulley, oil cap and oil dip stick are originally in bare metal finish, unless its your personal preference to paint them in chassis red, you might want to consider reverting back to originality. If an alternator if being fitted, please ensure that the only original mounting brackets from S1 are used. From the pictures I am sure the car is going to be one beauty once completed.

Regards,
Adheesh

PS :

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
MAS 1010 is a 1884 model positively, we had a dolphin car no. MAS 537, (pls se pic in the thread Nostalgic pics of our FAMILY CARS) brought in 1984 March.Regards............
That would be unique

Last edited by adheesh : 10th May 2011 at 19:18.
adheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 21:38   #3578
BHPian

Thank you Adheesh, to be true, we were in the blank and guidance from this forum from experts like you has helped us immensly to bring the car to its present form. I will convey your inputs to Sandeep who will make the changes accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
Hi Amar,
The car is turning out to look very beautiful, one more addition to the 'Bombay Blue's' club as me and Ravi call it, albeit from Pune . Regarding the engine paint combination, the waterpump pulley, crank pulley, oil cap and oil dip stick are originally in bare metal finish, unless its your personal preference to paint them in chassis red, you might want to consider reverting back to originality. If an alternator if being fitted, please ensure that the only original mounting brackets from S1 are used. From the pictures I am sure the car is going to be one beauty once completed.

Regards,
Adheesh

PS :

That would be unique
Help needed friends - We had given all four door handles of the car for chrome plating but the person doing the job immersed the handles in the wrong liquid (probably Sulphuric acid) and they have lost their shape and are now completely useless. Due to this, work on the Fiat has slowed down as we do not have any spares. We are also unable to find these in Pune.

Any input on the availability of door handles for the 1960 Fiat in Pune or even Mumbai would be welcome.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th May 2011 at 23:55. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 15th May 2011, 10:42   #3579
BHPian

I do not know if this is , but couldn't resist posting this Santro picture that had the FCCCI Sticker pasted at the rear end.

May belong to one of the esteemed FCCCIan, I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fccci-santro.jpg  

Old 15th May 2011, 12:23   #3580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
I do not know if this is , but couldn't resist posting this Santro picture that had the FCCCI Sticker pasted at the rear end.

May belong to one of the esteemed FCCCIan, I guess.
I think our member Hanoz has a Santro. It might be his car.
Old 16th May 2011, 12:54   #3581
Senior - BHPian

There use to be this black centrelight MRH 4863 always parked in & around Kala Niketan shop compound at Marine Lines.
I tried searching by car number & surprisingly NO mention of this car.

Haven't seen that car from last two weeks. Me worried.

Any Clues?

Last edited by ariesonu : 16th May 2011 at 12:58.
Old 16th May 2011, 13:04   #3582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
There use to be this black centrelight MRH 4863 always parked in & around Kala Niketan shop compound at Marine Lines.
I tried searching by car number & surprisingly NO mention of this car.

Haven't seen that car from last two weeks. Me worried.

Any Clues?
I last saw it over a month back - somehow never been able to photograph it.

But check inside the building - sometimes its parked there too.
Old 16th May 2011, 13:59   #3583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I last saw it over a month back - somehow never been able to photograph it.

But check inside the building - sometimes its parked there too.
Hi Karl,

Just returned from a stroll of Kala Niketan building. The car is nowhere there. I also remember seeing her parked inside the compound, always the first car on the left gate.
Few months back, I had taken some photos of her on my phone & then conveniently lost that phone. Those days she was parked on the road but seemed to be daily driven. That day she had received fresh water wash so I had caught her in gleaming winter morning.
Surprisingly I dont find her mention anywhere on our forum.

Regards,
Sonu
Old 17th May 2011, 01:30   #3584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I last saw it over a month back - somehow never been able to photograph it..
I too saw it a month back.
The car sometimes comes to a workshop at Gaiwadi, Girgaum - right next to where I got 6839 done.
It apparently belongs to the owner of Kala Niketan. Used to be his father's first car and daily drive, so he's keeping it as a cherished memory.
Old 18th May 2011, 21:04   #3585
Senior - BHPian

Are we going to have any meets at All this season? We havent met in a long long time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks