Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 17:03   #2536
BHPian

I assume writing the book is not a joke and is being discussed seriously.

Please clear my confusion

Cheers
Old 5th January 2010, 16:19   #2537
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Shyam Garu please find attached the air filter pictures of my 1959 Select. Well some small alteration was done to recirculate the blow by gasses. This was done to aid in enriching economy.

Attachment 249813

Attachment 249814

Attachment 249815
May I know what that black pipe functions as, under the filter ?
Old 5th January 2010, 16:43   #2538
BHPian

Until we have our own Book, "Fiats in India",
I have been surfing the Fiat Clubs around the world and anything else that relates to the Fiat 1100. I'm a little surprised how little information and interest there is in our Beloved Fiats!

Even Wikipedia doesn't have reference to the Deluxe Model in their general listing of all the Fiats built, I noticed some of our members had posted photos of their cars, Thanks So Much! I tried to edit the information adding some information on the Deluxe Model from my Owners Instruction Book. Not sure if it will stick as it is the first time I have tried to input any information and it takes some doing. Hope to post a photo of a Deluxe and Family Wagon Models from the Net. Could any of the technical members under take to post photos of the various models?

I found reference to a Book "Fiat 1100" that is out of print and have posted a request on the Fiat Club of GB if they might have a copy for sale.

Have any members have or seen a copy of this Book? It would be nice to know how much information is in it.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:48   #2539
BANNED

Advance notice

INVITATION

FIAT 1100 CLUB Bangalore is happy to announce its next Rally which will be on the 26th of January 2010. It will be a Family Drive, that is all the members with their family members. And the rally with be to a tourist spot in the out skirts of the city.

More information and details will be posted within this week.

till then DRIVE SAFE
Old 5th January 2010, 16:55   #2540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
Nice front detail shot, chrome work looks fantastic (hope it still does) and the paint colour is so very nice.

Is it the "Sand Beige" shown on the Fiat Paint Colour Card?
I'm posting a Fiat Paint Colour Card that i down loaded for your reference.
How close do you think your paint colour is to the Sand Beige and can you post the Brand and colour you used on your car?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-11d_f1.jpg  

Old 5th January 2010, 18:31   #2541
Senior - BHPian

How does the ROYAL MAROON color,which came on PP S1 models, look like ? Is there any Color shade at present of any other car which matches this color..
Old 5th January 2010, 20:29   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
I am 95% sure that this pipe did not come originally. Mostly somebody has added it for PCV (Possitive Crankcase Ventilation) purposes.

@John : I think Rony's SuperSelect (3499) is closest to the sand beige colour you have mentioned.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar

Last edited by adheesh : 5th January 2010 at 20:31.
Old 5th January 2010, 20:35   #2543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
A modificatin done to recirculate the blowby gases .
Old 5th January 2010, 21:19   #2544
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
I am 95% sure that this pipe did not come originally. Mostly somebody has added it for PCV (Possitive Crankcase Ventilation) purposes.

@John : I think Rony's SuperSelect (3499) is closest to the sand beige colour you have mentioned.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
A modificatin done to recirculate the blowby gases .
Got it both of you. Thanks
Old 8th January 2010, 17:39   #2545

car models - model cars - 1/18 - CHECK - FIAT - PALIO

For all you Palio People!
Old 8th January 2010, 20:23   #2546
Senior - BHPian

So folks are we going for the drive to Khandala and possibly a overnight stay there sometime in February? Of course in our classic Fiats.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:45   #2547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I'm posting a Fiat Paint Colour Card that i down loaded for your reference.
How close do you think your paint colour is to the Sand Beige and can you post the Brand and colour you used on your car?
Hi,

The last photo was too small, I've been able to down load it again in a larger format. It would be great if we could find matches for each colour and post them for reference.

When I purchased my car it had been repainted the Iron Grey and when I saw the Ad that had a car in the Powder or Baby Blue, and photos of some the members cars painted in a similar colour I decided on it. When the car was being scrapped down the original colour must have been the Peacock Blue as shown in the photo.

The Statesman Rally is tomorrow, Can't wait to see what's New! I did stop by Kanorias and their last minute preparations with two of the finest MGs in India, an Awesome 1929 Chevy Big Six whose rebuild engine block was delivered late yesterday and is up and running as of this afternoon after working most of the night plus an immaculate 48 Buick.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-11d_f1.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-b30811.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-r4_2.jpg  

Old 8th January 2010, 21:42   #2548
Senior - BHPian

Well if it was Peacock Blue I have the Glasurit code for it. But are you considering repainting your car?
Old 8th January 2010, 23:01   #2549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
So folks are we going for the drive to Khandala and possibly a overnight stay there sometime in February? Of course in our classic Fiats.
Let's do this one guys.
And let's take the old highway - it's far more picturesque and fun !
Any suggestions on dates ?!?
Old 9th January 2010, 01:38   #2550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Well if it was Peacock Blue I have the Glasurit code for it. But are you considering repainting your car?
1. I'm hoping that we can create a list of matching paint codes of current auto paint suppliers as a reference for anyone to refer to when painting their own cars.
2. The paint job done on my car was not that good and I already have rust bubbles in a number of areas and the white top and sun hood has crackled. Subsequently I'm debating to have the whole car stripped, repaired and use a zinc base primer, then the rust coloured primer. If and when I do it then I am considering doing it up in the Sand Beige / White which means redoing the interior which I'm that happy with. I do that, then I may as well go for a Concurs Job. I am going to discuss with Bumpu, who did such a great job on my mechanics, the costs and time frame. Also most of the chrome work needs to be done !!!

Lots to think about and for time being, not close and up and personal, it looks smashing, I know what it Could Be and Should Be.

Most Viewed