Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2009, 19:28   #2506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
The FCCCI Mumbai will have its monthly meet at Five Gardens Dadar on the 3rd of January 2010 at 10:30am. Please be there...

Cheers,
Cyrus
Followed by Tangy Tomato afterwards? I'll be there
Old 1st January 2010, 13:36   #2507
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - I purchased a pair of absolutely perfect condition, OH REE GEE NUL Padmini bumpers from Chor Bazaar yesterday. They were fitted with guards but I did not purchase them as they were not original. Looking around further, I found a very good grille of a President (Karl & Rony, you will be very happy to see it), and of an 1100 Delight with the original monogram. I also picked up two 1100 delight speedometer mounting plates, one of brushed aluminium and one of steel, both suitable for Yenkay meters, alongwith those red and orange jewel indicator lights + 1 original round black dial Yenkay fuel guage + two lovely round side indicator lights.

The compulsary PL due to annual plant shutdown has been very productive for me..

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 1st January 2010, 13:41   #2508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - I purchased a pair of absolutely perfect condition, OH REE GEE NUL Padmini bumpers from Chor Bazaar yesterday. They were fitted with guards but I did not purchase them as they were not original. Looking around further, I found a very good grille of a President (Karl & Rony, you will be very happy to see it), and of an 1100 Delight with the original monogram. I also picked up two 1100 delight speedometer mounting plates, one of brushed aluminium and one of steel, both suitable for Yenkay meters, alongwith those red and orange jewel indicator lights + 1 original round black dial Yenkay fuel guage + two lovely round side indicator lights.

The compulsary PL due to annual plant shutdown has been very productive for me..

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Again !!! Behram, you had promised to call me when you visit Chor Bazaar. No Fiat with me, so all the treasure is for you to plunder
Great to hear you found some delight parts.
Old 1st January 2010, 14:47   #2509
Senior - BHPian

A Fiat belonging to a friend of mine being restored by "uncle" aka Mr Ramesh Naik The bodyline has just come up superb. The owner just needs to now focus on getting all the original bits and pieces required to make the car O REE GEE NAL we will help him do that once he starts attending our Fiat club meetings what say guys?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-imag0225.jpg  

Old 1st January 2010, 20:32   #2510
BHPian

I need an original hood chrome piece to replace the monogrammed one that came with the car. Would be pleased to make a swap or thing thing like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img_4181.jpg  

Old 1st January 2010, 22:54   #2511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I need an original hood chrome piece to replace the monogrammed one that came with the car. Would be pleased to make a swap or thing thing like that.
John,

Do you mean this piece, that came on Super-selects:

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc03549.jpg
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:42   #2512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
John,

Do you mean this piece, that came on Super-selects:

Attachment 254778
Yes,
I think that is the correct one from the photos of the Italian 1100 Deluxe model which I am trying to match.

Once I can get an accurate idea of the Italian Model interior finishes, upholstery materials and colours, type of carpet and colours, I will redo the interior.

I'm still looking at the cream/sand beige Deluxe in Bombay and considering changing the colour on the car. The body work and paint work that was done is not up to the standard that I had hoped, not to mention the very poor Chrome job. I'm disappointed in the overall job that was done in general and while i didn't request or pay for a Concurs Restoration, it not up to my expectations.

Once the engine is rebuilt (I am weighing the pros and cons of how much to increase the performance) i will get all the mechanical stuff done first and then decide what to do with the exterior & interior. Leather was an option in Europe and I might go for a 1st class Concurs make over.

In the mean time I am so enjoying driving it around Calcutta 1!!!!
Old 2nd January 2010, 10:41   #2513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes,
I think that is the correct one from the photos of the Italian 1100 Deluxe model which I am trying to match.

Once I can get an accurate idea of the Italian Model interior finishes, upholstery materials and colours, type of carpet and colours, I will redo the interior.
Hi John. I am not sure there is any authentic reference within India for the deluxe. The Mumbai car definately does not have anything close to the original interior as far as the upholstery goes. If you are aiming for concours which you should, then the best source would be to match it from your Owner's manual and miscellaneous catalogs. I may have downloaded some stuff from the net some time ago, lets see if I can pull it up.

Last edited by the mole : 2nd January 2010 at 10:43.
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:37   #2514
BHPian

Could not make it. Got up late. please as many pictures as possible.
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:57   #2515

Just came back home. Roni is still here with me. Five cars came today, including a new 1955 entrant.
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:59   #2516
Senior - BHPian

Cyrus Photo's please.

Thank you.
Old 3rd January 2010, 14:29   #2517
BHPian

Hey Cyrus, try for some pics.
Which car you have gone with ??
Old 3rd January 2010, 15:14   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Hi John. I am not sure there is any authentic reference within India for the deluxe.

If you are aiming for concours which you should, then the best source would be to match it from your Owner's manual and miscellaneous catalogues. .
I am fortunate to have the original Instruction Book however it is in black and white and refers to Fiats produced in Italy with some shots of the RHD Models.
My first priority is to establish what were the correct colours offered and the matching interior finishes. It would appear that this information does not exist on the Indian Fiats but maybe we will get lucky. I found on the net the paint colours for the 1962 +/_ models from Italy which I understand were offered here plus Black.

I noticed rivora 2000's 64 Fiat had split front seats; were they a standard or an upgrade that year?

Seems to me someone was considering doing a book on "Fiats in India". Was that just wishful thinking? It certainly is a project worth considering and who better than FCCCI!

Come to think of it I think one of the members suggested that Karl was the One.
Old 3rd January 2010, 21:57   #2519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am fortunate to have the original Instruction Book however it is in black and white and refers to Fiats produced in Italy with some shots of the RHD Models.
My first priority is to establish what were the correct colours offered and the matching interior finishes. It would appear that this information does not exist on the Indian Fiats but maybe we will get lucky. I found on the net the paint colours for the 1962 +/_ models from Italy which I understand were offered here plus Black.

I noticed rivora 2000's 64 Fiat had split front seats; were they a standard or an upgrade that year?

Seems to me someone was considering doing a book on "Fiats in India". Was that just wishful thinking? It certainly is a project worth considering and who better than FCCCI!

Come to think of it I think one of the members suggested that Karl was the One.
Dear John

Your project sounds intresting, we will all support you in your documentation in any way that we can. I know that Roni has the original upholstery in his SuperSelect, I am not sure too many cars exist post 57 and pre 64 with original upholstery. Though we can confidentally tell you about the Elegants I am not sure about the later models. I remember Karl telling me that split seats were not offered in India, but again I could have misheard this. I know one O REE GEE NAL car that roni has with split seats (select I think).

The Two guys to really contribute to this discussion are Roni and Karl, hopefully we'll see some documentation from them soon
Old 4th January 2010, 00:34   #2520
BHPian

SPLIT SEATS on FIATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Dear John

Your project sounds interesting, we will all support you in your documentation in any way that we can. I know that Rony has the original upholstery in his SuperSelect, I am not sure too many cars exist post 57 and pre 64 with original upholstery. I remember Karl telling me that split seats were not offered in India, but again I could have misheard this. I know one O REE GEE NAL car that roni has with split seats (select I think).

The Two guys to really contribute to this discussion are Roni and Karl, hopefully we'll see some documentation from them soon
Dear John and Dear Amol,

At this point I would like to clarify that my 1961 SELECT MTJ 5722 (pending restoration) does have the split seats in front presently, but they had been fitted by me from another Imported Deluxe Fiat, (at a phenomenol cost) as earlier I had plans to convert my most "VIRGIN" SELECT into a Deluxe for rarity. I had procured the Deluxe Bumpers/guards and the Period Italian black centered hub caps also for the same project, which are on my Super Select - MRY 3499, for the time being.

However, after re-thinking a lot and positive enlightenment from Karl, I have decided to reverse the same to keep the SELECT in OH REE G NAL condition rather then tampering with its "Virginity".

BTW Amol, you have indeed heard Karl correctly earlier and I do confirm that SPLIT SEATS were never offered on Indian FIATS until PAL introduced them for a change in later PADMINI cars.
My ex-LHD 1964 Italian Delight 1221cc and our Gogibhai's SPECIAL, as also many imported Fiats in the country, do have them as OH REE G NAL Italian fitments and are evidence to the same.

Have attached some pictures hereunder for clarification.

Rgds,

Rony
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6175.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-interiors-my-type.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-brochure0.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6325.jpg  

Last edited by President : 4th January 2010 at 00:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks