Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2010, 14:13   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Does anyone know where this Chrysler is? She was a Rajasthan car, landed up in Mumbai and was lying on Nepean Sea Road. Had even participated in some rallies and exhibitions where this photo was taken.

Cheers harit
An enlarged pic of the above car -
Attached Images

Old 6th September 2010, 09:17   #1007
Senior - BHPian

A different line up !
Camaro , Jaguar , Mini and Austin.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-img_8701.jpg  

Old 11th September 2010, 06:43   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Hi there Harith.
The Peugeot I was talking about was Red. It was with a guy on Road No. 12 Banjara Hills and was a regular driver with no known problems. The car had the "Pininfarina" script on the passenger side of the dash and there was a small Pininfarina logo with the name below it between the front wheel arch and the door.
Hello, if you have any way of putting me into contact with this car's present owner, I would appreciate it. I am working with Le Club 404 in France to add more cars to the inventory of 1430 known Peugeot 404 Coupés and Cabriolets that are still in existence worldwide.
Old 11th September 2010, 13:42   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
Hello, if you have any way of putting me into contact with this car's present owner, I would appreciate it. I am working with Le Club 404 in France to add more cars to the inventory of 1430 known Peugeot 404 Coupés and Cabriolets that are still in existence worldwide.
There were two Peugeot 404 Pininfarina convertibles in India, but no coupe, as far as I know. At one time both were in Hyderabad, and again both came to Mumbai. One car travelled a lot, Indore, Mumbai, South India either Bangalore or Mysore, and then to Delhi. Will try to locate where these are now.

Cheers harit
Old 12th September 2010, 07:08   #1010
BHPian

Thank you very much for the help, Harit!
Old 12th September 2010, 08:24   #1011
BHPian

The 204 Pinninfarina from Bangalore is now in Chennai, awaiting restoration
Old 13th September 2010, 11:39   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
It would be quiet a task trying to put you in contact with current owners of these cars, or even to find out who owns them and where they are at present. Hopefully Mr. Ananth will be able to post pics and details ont eh car in Chennai

Keep a eye on ths thread as one never knows what could come up.

Mr. Jatti.

That is indeed a very nice Caddy, what is its history

Last edited by wasif : 13th September 2010 at 11:40.
Old 13th September 2010, 20:00   #1013
BHPian

I do have parts connections, if anyone with a 404 needs help.
Old 14th September 2010, 14:34   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
The 204 Pinninfarina from Bangalore is now in Chennai, awaiting restoration
That is good news, car deserved a better fate. At one time she belonged to Kolkata or Hyderabad, then sent by truck to south India, probably to Coimbatore, when the truck was loaded with extra goodies and the windshield was broken. In the 1970's Mumbai had two of them, one white and one yellow/orange.
Please do put up some pictures.

Cheers Harit

Last edited by harit : 14th September 2010 at 14:41.
Old 15th September 2010, 11:10   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Our own Girish PV is featured in an article on mangalorean.com, there are pictures of his cars and bikes and family, in that order.

Mangalorean.Com- Serving Mangaloreans Around The World!

Have a look.
Cheers harit
Old 15th September 2010, 13:21   #1016
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Our own Girish PV is featured in an article on mangalorean.com, there are pictures of his cars and bikes and family, in that order.

Mangalorean.Com- Serving Mangaloreans Around The World!

Have a look.
Cheers harit
It so happened that I was in Mangalore the same day and I met with Girish, his wife and mother at his home the same morning. Very nice family. He had told me of this interview and I am glad to read it now.

Girish is full of energy and the passion for anything vintage definite runs very deep. I was very happy see some MYX, MEX vehicles with him as at least some of the Mangalore vehicles will remain in there. My favourite was the Triumph Speed Twin (MEX regd.) and hope he get that running soon.

Cheers

KPS
Old 15th September 2010, 17:05   #1017
BHPian

quite some time ago i had spotter this car in koramangala, dint get to see the front view, it was very long.
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-tbhp.jpg

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post moved. Please post in the appropriate thread.

Last edited by n_aditya : 15th September 2010 at 20:23. Reason: post moved from Supercars and Exotics in Blore.
Old 15th September 2010, 20:36   #1018
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
quite some time ago i had spotter this car in koramangala, dint get to see the front view, it was very long.
Attachment 424192

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post moved. Please post in the appropriate thread.
An impala in Bangalore

Lovely car. This should be a pillarless.

I got to see this rare Mazda just recently.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-imag_1028.jpg  

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-imag_1027.jpg  

Old 16th September 2010, 01:35   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
An impala in Bangalore

Lovely car. This should be a pillarless.

Sir, I don't think it is a pillarless. Have a look at the pic below. The car that is parked on the left side of the road is a red car so its a bit tricky spotting this out, but as you casn see the right side tail lamp isn't visible. Due to the angle at which this picture has been taken , the B Piller is obstructing the visibilty of the tail lamp.

Now you may say that it is probably the door glass frame which is doing that but the frame is normally chromed and as we can see in this pic it is a dark colour and not chrome finished.

On the other hand if we say that glasses were rolled down , then the tail lamp should be again visible clearly.

This only shows that it isn't a Pillerless car.

Kindly correct me if i am wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-tbhp.jpg  

Old 16th September 2010, 16:53   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Sir, I don't think it is a pillarless. Have a look at the pic below. The car that is parked on the left side of the road is a red car so its a bit tricky spotting this out, but as you casn see the right side tail lamp isn't visible. Due to the angle at which this picture has been taken , the B Piller is obstructing the visibilty of the tail lamp.

Now you may say that it is probably the door glass frame which is doing that but the frame is normally chromed and as we can see in this pic it is a dark colour and not chrome finished.

On the other hand if we say that glasses were rolled down , then the tail lamp should be again visible clearly.

This only shows that it isn't a Pillerless car.

Kindly correct me if i am wrong.
Sir, I agree to your statement. if i am not wrong, the rear glass of 1960 pillar less model is u shaped. where as here in this picture it is only a bend glass>

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks