Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2010, 22:54   #961
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Today, I was fortunate to see a one owner 1928 Dodge Brothers car which was in storage since 1940's, now come for restoration. The car is very original and should come out well.

It has a very unique shock absorber. It is a spring loaded drum with a belt which dampens the shocks as the belt tension remains constant . Does any one know what this system is called? Till which year was this is vogue? Is it unique to American cars?

Cheers

KPS
Old 18th July 2010, 14:48   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
1980's Rolls Royce

I am not sure if this car is apropriate for this section so mods kindly move if not.
A Roller is an instant classic, no matter which year !
Lovely pics Indro. Thanks. The Belvedere rocks !! But did those rear cup holders HAVE to be there ??
Old 18th July 2010, 16:12   #963
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Lovely pics Indro. Thanks. The Belvedere rocks !! But did those rear cup holders HAVE to be there ??
Nor does that plastic claw-like thingy from the rear seat centre armrest look OE or even period!

But then this particular restorer is known to add a few touches of their own to the cars they restore- so they dont turn out 100% as they would've been supposed to.
Old 19th July 2010, 22:27   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
A Roller is an instant classic, no matter which year !

Glad you liked them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Nor does that plastic claw-like thingy from the rear seat centre armrest look OE or even period!

But then this particular restorer is known to add a few touches of their own to the cars they restore- so they dont turn out 100% as they would've been supposed to.
Well i wouldn't say that he is know to add a few touches of his own since the resotrer is not the person having the final say, its the owner of the car who says what he wants and the restorer can only say how it would turn out, but then if the owner wants it his way ,then he (restorer) has to do as the owner says. Its not as simple and as easy as we think it is.
Old 19th July 2010, 22:37   #965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Well i wouldn't say that he is know to add a few touches of his own since the resotrer is not the person having the final say, its the owner of the car who says what he wants and the restorer can only say how it would turn out, but then if the owner wants it his way ,then he (restorer) has to do as the owner says. Its not as simple and as easy as we think it is.
In that case, do the owners of all the cars being restored also want him to add his own name (P-----) onto the engine tappet cover after painting, which I have found he does to most of the cars he restores?
Old 19th July 2010, 22:51   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
In that case, do the owners of all the cars being restored also want him to add his own name (P-----) onto the engine tappet cover after painting, which I have found he does to most of the cars he restores?

That's like saying that if you are a professional restorer and you restore a car tomorrow and you don't put your stickers on it. Putting a sticker is different than putting in a cup holder or an arm rest or a certain colour of upholstry.
Old 20th July 2010, 00:00   #967
Senior - BHPian

Dear Indro,

The owner of the Land Rover and Belvedere is not happy with you. And you know why. When you have spoken to him and he told you something, then why do you still have to go and put up these pictures?
To set the record straight, these cars were restored for the owner, he did not want metallic paint on the Belvedere, nor did he want to have the cupholders installed. The restorer did this on his own. But now that it is done, he let them be.
The Belvedere has been seen at an event in Delhi recently, the Landy not. And these photos were taken at the restorers premisis, maybe he allowed that, but the owner did nolt.
This Belvedere came from Aurangabad, was white before turqoise. Maybe I can dig up a pic.
Indro, in future please respect owners requests. At the moment he has not asked these posts to be removed.

Cheers harit
Old 20th July 2010, 00:02   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Dear Indro,

The owner of the Land Rover and Belvedere is not happy with you. And you know why. When you have spoken to him and he told you something, then why do you still have to go and put up these pictures?
To set the record straight, these cars were restored for the owner, he did not want metallic paint on the Belvedere, nor did he want to have the cupholders installed. The restorer did this on his own. But now that it is done, he let them be.
The Belvedere has been seen at an event in Delhi recently, the Landy not. And these photos were taken at the restorers premisis, maybe he allowed that, but the owner did nolt.
This Belvedere came from Aurangabad, was white before turqoise. Maybe I can dig up a pic.
Indro, in future please respect owners requests. At the moment he has not asked these posts to be removed.

Cheers harit

Sir if that is so then the pictures of these cars should not be posted on the internet as well by the restorer. The thing is sir if it is on the internet then wheather its on a social netwroking site or on a car forum i feel there is no difference. I have seen the owners collection but then as he said not to post the pics of that place i havn't. I will keep it in mind from now on..!

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 20th July 2010 at 00:06.
Old 28th July 2010, 14:58   #969
Distinguished - BHPian

Misc pics of a Bangalore collection - very neatly displayed.

Cars - a set on Flickr
Old 28th July 2010, 18:49   #970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Misc pics of a Bangalore collection - very neatly displayed.

Cars - a set on Flickr
Whose collection is this? Doctor's?
Old 28th July 2010, 22:27   #971
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Whose collection is this? Doctor's?
No doubt these are Doc's cars
Old 28th July 2010, 22:57   #972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
No doubt these are Doc's cars
A the mustang in the picture?
Old 29th July 2010, 07:46   #973
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
A the mustang in the picture?
Last time I had visited Doc he had 2-3 Mustangs in his collection! He is seriously perusing his dream of building a museum for vintage and classic cars and his collection has grown manifold. His museum will be very exciting for all vintage lovers.
Old 29th July 2010, 09:19   #974
BHPian

The Karnataka Vintage classic car club had very nice website. Couldn't find any more......any idea?
Old 1st August 2010, 00:25   #975
BHPian

Photographs of a Buick Skylark 1968 -V-8, 2 Door, Coupe, which I have just got today.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-31072010075.jpg  

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-31072010081.jpg  

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-31072010082.jpg  

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-31072010083.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks