Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2009, 15:29   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA7VA5 View Post
Hey Amol,

Thanks - Sure I will let this community know about it as soon as I manage to strike a deal.

Cheers!
There is a very good chance that it is German, what say?

Then it is a scooter which was a joint venture product, Italian-German?

And it needs to be restored?

Minor parts are missing?

The Italian company still exists, the German has gone under VAG?

Then we have a NSU-Vespa scooter. Putting my ears to the ground I heard that the owner of this scooter is talking to a guy in Delhi.

Did 2 + 2 = 4?

Karl, BTW a few similar scooters which you have posted were scrapped because they could not get tyres. Now memory is vague, but was there a Bosch-Maico scooter? Becuase I think one of these was scrapped, but that was around 1978.

Over to you Saurabh
Old 13th June 2009, 21:24   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Putting my ears to the ground I heard that the owner of this scooter is talking to a guy in Delhi.
Wow!! You do have very good ears sir. My ignorance, but I thought your interests were solely in the 4-wheel category.

Quote:
Now memory is vague, but was there a Bosch-Maico scooter? Becuase I think one of these was scrapped, but that was around 1978.
Do you mean Maico Scooters with Bosch Electricals? A good friend of mine is restoring two Maicolettas and yes the tyres for those are really hard to come by (3.00(?) x 14). In fact on one of the scooters they had welded a Jawa size 16 rim to the original wheels. Now that would have been a sight, a scooter with 16 inch wheels. I guess my friend managed to source the tyres out for it though. A really beautiful scooter, typical 50s Eastern European design like the good old Cezeta.
Old 14th June 2009, 00:16   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Wow!! You do have very good ears sir. My ignorance, but I thought your interests were solely in the 4-wheel category.
Are we not learning something new every day?
Why no comment from SA7VA5 so far? I am waiting for my Maths test results, 2+2=?

Cheers and good morning harit
Old 17th June 2009, 01:14   #64
Senior - BHPian

Saurabh has not replied about the scooter he has found, so I do not know if I guessed correctly or not. But his silence seems to be indicative. Never mind, we await his next post.
But now a general comment from me which may be useful for all hunters.
Never ever jump the gun and announce a "to be" aquisition. There are good chances that someone will pip you to the post. When you come across something, go about it stealthily and aquire the object. You may share info with friends or trusted gurus, but be very careful. I remember an incident when I just started. This friend of mine, known to be a collector, had gone for a party on a Saturday. There he came across someone who told me that he was going to buy an MG TC. He told him the general location. Next day early morning my friend went scouting for the MG, found it and bought it. Who the loser was I do not know. He had boasted to my friend, did not confide in him. So there was no question of ethics or breaking trust.
And then, when the deal is done pay and take immediate delivery. No waiting for auspicious moments. They may turn out to be inauspicious because there are always predators (not only in Calcutta) moving around. When I bought a car in Kerala, my friend went to make the deal. We set a limit of X. I called in the evening to find out what was happening, they were having a drink. Next day talks started and we reached our limit. So they decided to meet after one week. I told my friend to settle the deal, go above amount X. A deal was struck at X + 60%! Advance paid and he came back to get the remaining. Within one day, an infamous broker from Ahmedabad called the owner to buy the car. That broker still tells me that I took his Packard, though he did not secure it in any way. This was a car no one knew about, so he took his time. A lesson for all who care to learn.
Cheers harit
Old 17th June 2009, 19:41   #65
BHPian

tHANKS

Hi Harit and every one else!

Nope you still haven't got it right. But that makes me glad!

Deals pretty much underway. cant get the seller to come to real life prices.

Hoping, slow and steady will win the race.

Cheers!
Old 17th June 2009, 20:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A lesson for all who care to learn.
Cheers harit
We are listening Guruji maybe we can have a thread for Pearls of Wisdom from the Senior collectors like yourself.
Old 18th June 2009, 01:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
Hi SA7VA5, Never mind if I got it wrong. Since I do not know the object or figures involved, cannot offewr more comments. But have a look at my post 1421 on link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...rchase-95.html . Hope you do the right thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
We are listening Guruji maybe we can have a thread for Pearls of Wisdom from the Senior collectors like yourself.
You too have a look at the above post. Actually if you think about these posts, it is not a matter of Pearls of Wisdom, but common sense. And I am not too fond of Pearls, they are formed from garbage entering the shell and you can fall if you slip on them. Again a play of words.
Now we await news of the odd and rare 2 wheeler awaiting its nes owner. Only the existing owner is standing in the way.

BTW, my first multiple post done correctly. It was real easy, just READ and the follow instructions.

Last edited by harit : 18th June 2009 at 01:10.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:09   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
Saurabh - what happened here? Any progress?

Another thought struck me the other day. There is a very strange looking black scooter with large flat front fairing and lower mounted headlight. Somewhere up north - BMC regd, 3 digit, 8XX I think. Will dig up the photo on saturday.
Old 18th August 2009, 18:33   #69
BHPian

HI Karl!

As I mentioned on my thread that I was busy with my wife bringing our second baby into this world - I had put this deal on the back burner for want of a better price quote.

Its still on. The guy is still in mood to negotiate and pretty hard at that.

Sometimes he wishes to restore the machine and sometimes he wants to sell it.

So I am still interested as soon as the price is reasonable.

Put up the pic on the site and I will confirm if the machine is the one that I am talking about - or better still mail it to me at vats.saurabh@gmail.com

Take care cheers!
Old 6th January 2010, 16:39   #70
BANNED

Lambrettas for SALE

1968 (Red n White) and 1970 (Blue n White), both IMPORTED (Made in ITALY).
Restored to mint condition. Except for 2 or 3 accessories rest ALL are ORIGINAL.

Only Genuine Buyers encouraged. Interested may PM me.
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta wanted-dscn1654.jpg  

Lambretta wanted-dscn1655.jpg  

Lambretta wanted-dscn1660.jpg  

Lambretta wanted-dscn1661.jpg  

Lambretta wanted-dscn1667.jpg  

Lambretta wanted-dscn1664.jpg  

Lambretta wanted-dscn1665.jpg  

Lambretta wanted-dscn1666.jpg  

Old 6th January 2010, 19:26   #71
BANNED

Hello Sir

pls see below link. post no 1850

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post1573889

Regards
Old 26th May 2010, 13:11   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Nope Sir - neither of them as well!
ISO Milano?
TWN Contessa?
Durkopp Diana?
Fuji Rabbit?
Triumph Tigress?

It HAS to be one of these!
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:28   #73
BHPian

Now you are talking....
Old 7th December 2010, 16:43   #74
BHPian

Looking for Lambretta!!

Hello Everyone..
I have recently bought a 1980 model Vijai Super. Now i am looking for a Lambretta scooter to complete my scooter collection. I already have a 1987 Bajaj Super..

I am looking for a Lambretta ( and not Lamby) preferrably from 1960's. Pune registration and papers would be much appreciated. If the condition is not running, thats fine. I am willing to spend 10-15k for it. It sounds like rather low price in today's situation but cant extend my budget at this moment :(

Please help..
Old 5th March 2012, 19:25   #75
BHPian

Re: Lambretta wanted

well i have the rarest collection of german scooter in the world which has only done few miles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks