Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2008, 23:55   #1321
Senior - BHPian

SirAlec, she's beautiful, please save her !!
Old 9th June 2008, 00:05   #1322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Stanher, see the links I had posted...it will tell you about the Vaz sisters who last occupied the place.
Thanks sidman, Yes I did read that article in the links you gave. Which is why I was asking what wouldve happened of the last surviving sister.
She seemed to be so attached to the house that was a gift from her father so wondering if she is still.....you know! And if she still feels the same about the house which now seems vacant, and of course the car as well! :sigh: my heart goes out to both!
Old 9th June 2008, 01:10   #1323
Senior - BHPian

SirAleck this LandRover is obviously not cared for and needs a caretaker like you.
Be rest assured you will find no rust on her as the body is all Aluminum. Please inform us of the good news that you have succeeded in taking her under your caring wing.
Old 9th June 2008, 01:24   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
SirAleck this LandRover is obviously not cared for and needs a caretaker like you.
Be rest assured you will find no rust on her as the body is all Aluminum. Please inform us of the good news that you have succeeded in taking her under your caring wing.
thanks! I know, i already own one.

but chasis, wheel rim etc are rusted too. engine is in very bad shape. but main hassle is that its a Taxi regn. so hell lot of pending taxes over the years before i convert it to private. I am finding some jugad in it...lets see.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th June 2008 at 12:38. Reason: c = see. & Posts moved.
Old 10th June 2008, 20:35   #1325
BHPian

check out another beauty
i dont really know which car it is ...
i'm seeing this car in the same place same position from the last 8 years at a local garage in borivli...i asked him whos the owner

he said "arre lonavala ka party hai,Nahi bechega,tumhare jaisa 50 collector log aake gaya,"

but the car looks 70's style...
there was no naming etc on the car
check out the kind of rear view mirrors
and the paint is 2 tone and orignal
the interiors are awesome leather seats and leather steering wheel
the car next to it is another rusting beauty

Guru's please throw some light on this car
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rust2.jpg  

Old 10th June 2008, 23:13   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a Japanese car. Possibly a Datsun / Nissan President ? Anybody any guesses, guys ? Whatever she is, she looks lovely !!!
Old 11th June 2008, 01:30   #1327
Ram
Senior - BHPian

1979 Mitsubishi Debonair 2600 Executive SE A33

This is a 1979 Mitsubishi Debonair 2600 Executive SE A33.

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jubinsmysterycar.jpg

The Debonair was Mitsubishi's flagship executive sedan in the Japanese domestic market from 1964 through 1999, spanning three different generations of design. As big as a Toyota Crown or Datsun/Nissan Cedric, it was more exclusive than either of them.

Early Debonairs were powered by the twin-carb Mitsubishi 1,991cc, KE64 6-cylinder engine, which developed 105 bhp @ 5000 rpm.

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-1964mitsubishidebonaira30.jpg

This specimen appears to be a 1979 model with the 2600 cc 4-cylinder Saturn engine.

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-1979mitsubishidebonair.jpg

Ram
Old 11th June 2008, 01:35   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Bang on Ram. This car is standing in Chotu's Garage at Borivilli. Where I had givrn my W116 for repairs when i had just bought it. This car is devoid of papers and was in mint condition. I have driven it for a week or so till i realised it had no papers. It was settled for rs 75,000/- Sadly due to some problem between the actual owner and the dealer, this car is rotting where it is today. Believe me when I say it was mint. You could drive it from here to London.
Sad real sad.
Old 11th June 2008, 10:20   #1329
BHPian

guys
this car is still intact from the inside...
the interiors are still great and in good condition
the roof is dented.
but on the whole this car loooks great...

pretty sad to see such a beauty in a rotting state
Gogi Sir....can something be done about this baby now ?
Old 11th June 2008, 12:43   #1330
BHPian

Whats the story with the car next to it & which model is it?? Had seen both these cars long back while passing that garage.

Last edited by egangsta : 11th June 2008 at 12:48.
Old 11th June 2008, 13:04   #1331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bang on Ram. This car is standing in Chotu's Garage at Borivilli. Where I had givrn my W116 for repairs when i had just bought it. This car is devoid of papers and was in mint condition. I have driven it for a week or so till i realised it had no papers. It was settled for rs 75,000/- Sadly due to some problem between the actual owner and the dealer, this car is rotting where it is today. Believe me when I say it was mint. You could drive it from here to London.
Sad real sad.
You mean that this car never had a proper owner!!
Old 11th June 2008, 13:14   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubin View Post
guys
this car is still intact from the inside...
the interiors are still great and in good condition
the roof is dented.
but on the whole this car loooks great...

pretty sad to see such a beauty in a rotting state
Gogi Sir....can something be done about this baby now ?
If you are interested, i can find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
You mean that this car never had a proper owner!!
Possibility no 1: Well i presume that like many deals its a deal gone sour. This car must be an advance payment (in a probable exchange deal) which may have gone sour for various reasons. I feel that the car has been forfeited fro want of completion of the deal and hence no papers. Notice no number plates.
Possibility number 2: My sources tell me that the transmission was spoilt but was subsequently made. Maybe the paper issue has been solved but the payment to the garage is yet outstanding so the car just stands there. I can find out as i know the owner (supposed) of the car who is a crook. Lets see maybe the car can be got for a good deal but im not interested. Ill try and get info for you Jubin.
Old 11th June 2008, 13:21   #1333
BHPian

I've seen a car rusting around Orbit Hospital after Dahisar Check Naka. Looks like a Merc front, but not sure what exactly was the model. Does anyone else know the details?
Old 11th June 2008, 14:31   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
If you are interested, i can find out.

Possibility no 1: Well i presume that like many deals its a deal gone sour. This car must be an advance payment (in a probable exchange deal) which may have gone sour for various reasons. I feel that the car has been forfeited fro want of completion of the deal and hence no papers. Notice no number plates.
Possibility number 2: My sources tell me that the transmission was spoilt but was subsequently made. Maybe the paper issue has been solved but the payment to the garage is yet outstanding so the car just stands there. I can find out as i know the owner (supposed) of the car who is a crook. Lets see maybe the car can be got for a good deal but im not interested. Ill try and get info for you Jubin.

Sirjee
my dad is also not keen on buying that car
he said that the man is a Crook and also the mechanic of the garage
Old 11th June 2008, 15:27   #1335
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

This guy also has/had a Merc lying around in his garage. Had pics of the car but got deleted since my HDD crashed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks