Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 13:47   #616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Lemme guess, the merc coupe is one of them??. Hasn't gogi been to this place? i'm sure he'd faint from depression!!
yes Jayd i got one w123 coupe now the 115 coupe. the fintail, the fiat, impala. four cars that i am eyeing here.
dont know where Gogi bhai is he will deffinately go into depression seeing both the mercedes. that is why i have not msged or pmed him .
Old 26th September 2007, 13:50   #617
Senior - BHPian

Ah! i see some light at the end of the tunnel for these cars!! (hope the owner sells them though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
he will deffinately go into depression seeing both the mercedes. that is why i have not msged or pmed him .
Yeah Right!!! (just kiddin!!)
Old 26th September 2007, 13:57   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah! i see some light at the end of the tunnel for these cars!! (hope the owner sells them though)
Jayd the cars would not be restored to originality as they dont have most of the parts almost 99.9% missing. what you have is only a body shell.
the cars would be auctioned off as they are seized cars and in the dump grounds.
if i do manage to get the coupe only i would be happy then you would see a modern beast in an old body .

Last edited by speedy : 26th September 2007 at 13:59.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:14   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes Jayd i got one w123 coupe now the 115 coupe. the fintail, the fiat, impala. four cars that i am eyeing here.
dont know where Gogi bhai is he will deffinately go into depression seeing both the mercedes. that is why i have not msged or pmed him .
true specially after seeing the coupe
Old 26th September 2007, 16:41   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Nice one Farhan. The picture has to be atleast 7 - 10 years old because the new ferry boats in Goa have to sport a Red and Green light on the roof to indicate Port and Starboard side. But wonder where this one was taken. Possibly when the Mandovi bridge had collapsed.
Moral, Farhan has sighted it as circa 1955, so make that 50 years old.
Old 26th September 2007, 18:16   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the third car that made me cry. mercedes coupe.

Quote:
Lemme guess, the merc coupe is one of them??. Hasn't gogi been to this place? i'm sure he'd faint from depression!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
true specially after seeing the coupe
Still depressed guys. Thanks for the pics. I WANT TO KILL THE OWNER AND THE GUY WHO HAS LEFT THE CAR IN THIS SHAPE
Speedy if your'e getting that coupe then Im gonna help restore her
If not then please pick it up for me and I will gladly bring her back to life, whatever shape shes in.

Last edited by V-16 : 26th September 2007 at 18:18.
Old 26th September 2007, 20:28   #622
Senior - BHPian

gogi sir ,do you really feel it can be restored ,or its your emotions?

well i am not a restorer but from the look of the rest of the car and the fact that it has sunk in mud i have a bad feeling its chassis might have disappeared

but then again it would be great if you can restore it,these coupes are not common mercs,nor project the image of a normal merc owner these are much more special
Old 26th September 2007, 20:47   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
gogi sir ,do you really feel it can be restored ,or its your emotions?
Both AMATMO Both. Just get me this car and come back after around 16-18 months.

Quote:
well i am not a restorer but from the look of the rest of the car and the fact that it has sunk in mud i have a bad feeling its chassis might have disappeared
Nope the chasis might be quite badly rusted but its definately not not disintegrated, if thats what you mean

Quote:
but then again it would be great if you can restore it,these coupes are not common mercs,nor project the image of a normal merc owner these are much more special
Yes it would wouldn't it? I know these are not common mercs and ive let two get by in the last few years. It will take a lot of time and dedication. Time i can remove, dedication i already have, loads of it. Besides that I have a friend who bought the last one I refused to buy and he has restoerd it to mint condition. Also I can source a lot of parts for this. I know if it does come my way ill have to spend a lot of money (which alternatively i can use for getting other cars) but then one has to make a choice. I've made mine. The actual cost of the car lookng at it would be scrap value or better worse than that as all garnishes etc are missing. I am ready to take it even if it is missing the drive-train. The cost o frestoring her will be far far more than what it would take to buy a ready car like that but then I am a fool for these things and am not looking out for cars to sell. My Fiat is an example. It has already cost me an arm and a leg, maybe four times what i would pay fro a ready fiat. These projects are love labours and cannot be valued in monetory terms (though one has to draw the line at some place)
Im so enamoured by this coupe that i will offer any assistance to anyone else who buys and restores her.
Old 26th September 2007, 22:16   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Im so enamoured by this coupe that i will offer any assistance to anyone else who buys and restores her.

Err... what about one poor chap tryin to get a 115/190D???
Old 26th September 2007, 22:41   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both AMATMO Both. Just get me this car and come back after around 16-18 months.
I meant if anyone else buys the car i will help. never said id help to buy the car as i dont know who owns it.

Quote:
Err... what about one poor chap tryin to get a 115/190D???
Ill keep a lookout for you. I have someone trying to sell a 115 220D, 1975. price is not to my liking.
What happened about the guy's collection you had posted?
Old 26th September 2007, 22:42   #626
Senior - BHPian

Gogi, i've sent u some pix..
Old 27th September 2007, 00:26   #627
Senior - BHPian

gogi bhai i am picking up the coupe come what may and at any cost. we can restore it together. you an call it yours as the same as all my other cars. i have mever heard of an older brother calling the younger brothers car as differnent
Old 27th September 2007, 20:27   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
gogi bhai i am picking up the coupe come what may and at any cost. we can restore it together. you an call it yours as the same as all my other cars. i have mever heard of an older brother calling the younger brothers car as differnent
all the best you guys ,i hope you get to own it
Old 27th September 2007, 20:44   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gogi, i've sent u some pix..
Not received any mail JayD. Try again. Have PMed you my email id once more.

Quote:
Great news! At last its going to see the light of the day. No problem who owns the car. Its all about making sure such a beauty doesn't rot to dust.
I know you have a very well organised and adept restoration place but please do let me know if I can in any way I can get involved in the project to help you out. I know i can call it my car brother. Its the same thing if its with you or me.
Old 27th September 2007, 21:37   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Great news! At last its going to see the light of the day. No problem who owns the car. Its all about making sure such a beauty doesn't rot to dust.
I know you have a very well organised and adept restoration place but please do let me know if I can in any way I can get involved in the project to help you out. I know i can call it my car brother. Its the same thing if its with you or me.
i am trying for both the mercedes, fiat 124 now a spider and the impala. lets see what happens as they will be auctioned. i just hope i am in delhi at that time. have informed my people here to follow up as well.
bhai i would need all the help as the car is just a shell as of now. i wonder how many 115's i would have to break to make this one

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks