Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 23:58   #511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
That seems to be something very special indeed, low slung and sleek. Im really tempted to say Jaguar SS100 or Invicta S type...No harm in dreaming eh?
karl the car is falling apart and due to that she looks low slung and sleek. the car is on bricks above all. it feels like if you open the cover the car might fall to peices. but i really hope it turns out to be a jaguar or an invicta or some other rare find.
Old 4th September 2007, 06:42   #512
Ram
Senior - BHPian

early 1980s Citroën Acadiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
...couple more cars:
A Citroen 2CV Van...

Ishan, rather than a deaux chevaux this seems to be a Citroën Acadiane.

See the headlamps integrated into the fenders, parallelogram side window and raised roofline of the driver's compartment.

This little van came out in 1978, to replace Citroën's 2 chevaux based AK-400 commercial vehicle.

Acadianes were made for the next ten years.

It had a front-engine, front-wheel-drive layout. The Acadiane was derived from the Citroën Diane 6, not the deaux chevaux.

Powered by Citroën's 602 cc flat twin engine, it could carry a 480 kg. payload and manage 96 km/h. The spare wheel was carried in the bonnet above the engine.

Ram
Old 4th September 2007, 09:25   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i have two spare buick engines .

Speedy ,

I can understand the 2 engines are for your requirements - but - are there any spare Buick Straight Eight Engines available anywhere , will exchange a restorable Morris 8 for a restorable Buick Straight 8 Engine & Gear Box.
Old 4th September 2007, 09:59   #514
BHPian

another one bites the dust

the entrance to the yard in the background is the only entrance , the partly senile owner has walled himself and the cars inside . Says he is saving this car and another truck for his missing nephews.
Old 4th September 2007, 11:55   #515
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
another one bites the dust

@vintageman:
The jpeg file of this image is corrupt (data error).
Please rehost on imageshack and repost.
Old 4th September 2007, 12:55   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
Speedy ,

I can understand the 2 engines are for your requirements - but - are there any spare Buick Straight Eight Engines available anywhere , will exchange a restorable Morris 8 for a restorable Buick Straight 8 Engine & Gear Box.
i shall find out if there are any spare engines available. i got the engines when i had bought two buick roadmasters hardtops as donor cars for a convertible i was doing for a friend.
your offer seems tempting but i dont like the morris 8, know of two which are for sale

coincidently they fit in this thread also

Old 4th September 2007, 13:22   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
That seems to be something very special indeed, low slung and sleek. Im really tempted to say Jaguar SS100 or Invicta S type...No harm in dreaming eh?
the dream is over buddy its just a ford model a, but the saving grace is that its a roadster, been there for years, owner lives a few houses down the road, this was his mothers house till she passed away sometime back. he also has a very nice 47 mercury,47 pontiac and a late model beetle 1600.
Old 4th September 2007, 13:45   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
the dream is over buddy its just a ford model a, but the saving grace is that its a roadster, been there for years, owner lives a few houses down the road, this was his mothers house till she passed away sometime back. he also has a very nice 47 mercury,47 pontiac and a late model beetle 1600.
awini are those cars in his house, cause this house did not have any other car except the citron and this car.
Old 4th September 2007, 14:01   #519
BHPian

I have a corrupt file , thus have a problem posting these photographs ,

Old 4th September 2007, 14:15   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
awini are those cars in his house, cause this house did not have any other car except the citron and this car.
the pontiac is in this house in the garage at the back, mercury and the beetle are usually in the other house
Old 4th September 2007, 14:48   #521
Senior - BHPian

i would be going that side today to my aunts place so would try and see if i can manage to get some pictures of this car and the other cars. is this how the roadster looks

Last edited by speedy : 4th September 2007 at 14:56. Reason: information missing
Old 5th September 2007, 23:58   #522
BHPian

yeay thats the car, but i cant recall if it has a sidemount or rear mounted spare. last i saw it, it was green with black fenders
Old 6th September 2007, 01:25   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
yeay thats the car, but i cant recall if it has a sidemount or rear mounted spare. last i saw it, it was green with black fenders
from the looks of it awini it has a rear mounted spare. if you see the picture and since we were upclose to the car it did not look like it had a tyre mould on the running board or fender. it also could be that since the body is rotting and the car has fallen to half the original height we could not make it out.
dont think the owner has any intention of restoreing the car. maybe he has kept it for sentimental value.
Old 8th September 2007, 09:20   #524
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, looks like imageshack's being nice to me again for the time being! 'been able to upload atleast one pic. atlast!
Could someone tell me what car this is? Saw it at the scrapyard in Pudhupet, Madras during my trip there the other day.
It looks like a 40s model, is it a Ford V8 or a Desoto...? The front part is totally missing!

Old 8th September 2007, 09:39   #525
Senior - BHPian

And one more- for our friend Karlos Singh fiat/VW wala (dont ask me what happened to the rest of the van!):

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks