Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2015, 10:11   #4876
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The BMW pic is not from Mumbai, its from Pune. The car is rusting alongside the road between the Tata Motors plant and the Toyota and Mahindra dealerships in Pimpri.
Dear Arunabh (//M) - I see it almost every day. I don't think it will ever get completed. It was lying opposite some garages on the left side of the road that I take from the underpass to come to the plant, now it is moved here. By the way, have you seen the two tone Fiat select, the white Padmini and two 118NEs standing in front of a garage near Silver Jubilee Motors?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 5th November 2015, 10:45   #4877
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Arunabh (//M) - I see it almost every day. I don't think it will ever get completed. It was lying opposite some garages on the left side of the road that I take from the underpass to come to the plant, now it is moved here. By the way, have you seen the two tone Fiat select, the white Padmini and two 118NEs standing in front of a garage near Silver Jubilee Motors?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Sir,

I use the same way to work as well. I see the white Padmini, the dual tone red-white Select and the 118 NE's everyday. Also a dozen 118 NE's near the small Stadium that I see everyday lying unattended. Add to that a Chevrolet Chevelle, a W115 Merc and a Dodge Kingsway rusting away in glory very close to the Afexco Chowk, near the Tata Motors plant.

Regards,
Arunabh
Old 5th November 2015, 13:21   #4878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Quote:
Dear Sir,

I use the same way to work as well. I see the white Padmini, the dual tone red-white Select and the 118 NE's everyday. Also a dozen 118 NE's near the small Stadium that I see everyday lying unattended. Add to that a Chevrolet Chevelle, a W115 Merc and a Dodge Kingsway rusting away in glory very close to the Afexco Chowk, near the Tata Motors plant.

Regards,
Arunabh
Those cars are in Victory auto garage owned by George. He is in his late 40s now, but back in late 80s & early 90s he was one of the operators at the PAL dealership in KSB chowk, where the Suzuki 2 wheeler showroom is located now.
The owner of SS had left the car with him at least 5 years ago. Initially the owner wanted to convert the door handles & latches with a Maruti Alto unit. Halfway through the denter quit job and the new denter was not interested in working on the leftover mess. So the owner again had to hunt for a set of 4 doors from Mumbai and still under restoration. Went to the garage a couple of days back. The new folks under George neither know how to work on these vintages nor value them. The car had its engine removed for this resto work. In a haste, while moving the engine one of the operators rolled it around and the distributor shaft is broken now. That's the present state of the SS.
The 118NE (actually a 1.38D) belongs to George himself. He has been hunting for a spare cross member to swap into his car. The cross member broke about an year back. The white PP is available for sale.
The BMW, yes. Very soon it is going to rust & die peacefully.
I believe you are mentioning the score of 118NEs lying near the PCMC garbage disposal & scrap yard near Magar stadium, Nehru Nagar.
ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 14:32   #4879
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
I believe you are mentioning the score of 118NEs lying near the PCMC garbage disposal & scrap yard near Magar stadium, Nehru Nagar.
Yes sir, exactly the same place. Plenty of NE's, Sumo's and few other cars lying there for so long !
Old 5th November 2015, 15:29   #4880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Those cars are in Victory Auto Garage owned by George. The white PP is available for sale.
Dear Ilangop - do you know George? If yes, let's go and see the PP. By the way, if he asks for the moon for it, he can keep it, maybe forever!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 5th November 2015, 18:49   #4881
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I see the white Padmini, the dual tone red-white Select......everyday.
Then it's about time you (or Ilango) took a pic or two?
Atleast of the select! Sad to know how it had been buggered up! There's a Standard super 10 lying in a garage I frequent here, for donkeys years, with a very similar story!!
Old 6th November 2015, 11:24   #4882
BHPian

Quote:
Yes sir, exactly the same place. Plenty of NE's, Sumo's and few other cars lying there for so long !
Most likely belonging to PCMC and in that case should come up for auction sooner or later.

Regards,
Old 19th November 2015, 21:53   #4883
Senior - BHPian

A lonely Grandpa !!
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-newimage_1536_864_1004.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-newimage_1536_864_1007.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-newimage_1536_864_1006.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-newimage_1536_864_1005.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-newimage_1536_864_1003.jpg

rgds,
Nikhil
jeepster is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 22:05   #4884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
A lonely Grandpa !!rgds,
Nikhil
I wonder if the lorry in question is Poona registered. Being in Latur, it possibly is.

Any details on the registration number?
Old 19th November 2015, 22:29   #4885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Any details on the registration number?
Sorry, forgot to add location.

I clicked these pics in Kolhapur.

Had no plates! (may be disintegrated)

rgds,
Nikhil
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:01   #4886
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, forgot to add location.

I clicked these pics in Kolhapur.

Had no plates! (may be disintegrated)

rgds,
Nikhil
Quote:
A lonely Grandpa !!

rgds,
Nikhil
Indeed this is a Bedford D Model truck from the late 1950's. These were built at the GM's Lutton plant in England, where Vauxhalls were manufactured.

http://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/salewan...for-sale#68764

I have never seen these made by HM. my be corrected by anyone in the know. Indeed, it could be an import into Goa under Portugese rule (till 1961). Goa had a whole galaxy of European cars trucks and buses imported under the Portugese rule. The VW Beetle was very common and Thames trucks and buses were commonly seen.

Would you please be able to share its location in Kolhapur ?
Old 21st December 2015, 12:35   #4887
BHPian

Found this Right hand Willys with hand Lever Gear Selector. Still it can be salvaged. All mechanical parts are intact.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_20151220_1204242.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_20151220_1206241.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_20151220_1204401.jpg  

rch_vijayant is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 15:39   #4888
Senior - BHPian

Spotted these while riding through Rajasthan. Saw a red SL/ similar merc also, inside a shed. Didn't have time to check in detail as I had a long ride ahead of me.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_20141019_120330.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_20141019_120429.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_20141019_120434.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_20141019_120321.jpg  

JayD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 16:56   #4889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Spotted these while riding through Rajasthan. Saw a red SL/ similar merc also, inside a shed. Didn't have time to check in detail as I had a long ride ahead of me.
You saw these battered vehicles on outskirts of Jaipur to be precise. And they are not rotting but in queue to be restored.
This guy has more than 10-20 vintage vehicles being restored inside the garage. A neat garage with good equipments.
One of the vehicle in your pic is from a relative waiting for few months.....

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh

Last edited by Shubhendra : 21st December 2015 at 16:59.
Old 27th December 2015, 15:03   #4890
Distinguished - BHPian

A rotting Standard Pennant in Calcutta, seen by a young friend of mine there -Souryadeep Mukherjee.
Missing quite a few things like the grille, rear seat lap and rear glass!

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img20151225wa00291.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img20151226wa00061.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img20151226wa000411.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img20151226wa0007.jpg
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks