Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2012, 22:14   #4186
BHPian

Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I am going to Mangalore on the 8th for to days. If you can PM me the adress or number of the owner, i will go and try mu luck.

Re the Splitty, boss, if you think some more, it will be gone. Trust me i was negotiating for two some time ago and by the time i went to see the cars they were gone...to NewZealand i was told. There will be a dearth of Splittys soon (as there isn't already a dearth) If you spot one for sale, go get it. The rear lamp cluster is from a Bay window, a much later model You will get the correct ones, brand new from Germany.

You are spot in about the rear light cluster. How much did he want for the splity?
Old 5th August 2012, 23:25   #4187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
These split vans were going out of India at a fast pace, so I decided to save one for myself.
Then this came along with the rear curved glass, I took this and passed on the other to a fellow t-bhpian. Now there are two splitties lying in this shed in Pune. Restoration will start after a few years, after I get my act together.

Cheers harit
Those are lying in a shed with 'a' opel rekord n a whole lot of bikes if I'm not mistaken? :-)
Please do start the restoration, would love to see them run.
kevinephraim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 11:14   #4188
Senior - BHPian

Anyone recognize this car? Its supposed to have been photographed in Gujrat.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-anon.jpg  

Old 6th August 2012, 13:13   #4189
Senior - BHPian

Two door chevrolet might be a Ford V8 of the 40's. Can be even a fleetmaster coupe.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Anyone recognize this car? Its supposed to have been photographed in Gujrat.

Two door chevrolet might be a Ford V8 of the 40's. Can be even a fleetmaster coupe.

Cheers
Cheers harit
Old 11th August 2012, 23:59   #4190
Senior - BHPian

In the bylanes in the Peth areas of Pune. This can be salvaged , no ?

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image283_1.jpg

Surprisingly, its still intact, considering the thieves have a particular preference for VW logos.

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image284.jpg
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 00:29   #4191
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

Attachment 968419

Surprisingly, its still intact, considering the thieves have a particular preference for VW logos.

Attachment 968413
Hi Buddy,

Cant you help by providing us with the contact details of the cars owner.

The car seems to be very much restorable..
Old 12th August 2012, 17:26   #4192
BHPian

Hasn't this car been on these pages for the longest time??? IIRC no one can find out the owners details.. Karlosdeville knows about it, it was posted by priyadarshan.b n arrowaby too.
Old 13th August 2012, 10:24   #4193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Hi Buddy,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Hasn't this car been on these pages for the longest time??? IIRC no one can find out the owners details.. Karlosdeville knows about it, it was posted by priyadarshan.b n arrowaby too.
Like Kevin said, go back a few pages and this car has been discussed in detail. As per records, the owner is untracable / unwilling to part with it. At a point of time, the car was also lying on its side. Thankfully the dry weather in Pune has helped the car stand on its feet. Had this been in Bombay, it would have already been 2-3 feet below ground.
Old 13th August 2012, 12:44   #4194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calrock View Post
here is a ponton rusting away in mangalore
Calrock, I dont think they have papers for this car. The owner of that house was a well known garage owner for imported cars and Willys jeeps. Guys from mlore would remember the garage where Willys' centre at balmatta now stands. From what he told me, this belongs to one of his customers who left the car for repairs and never returned to collect it. I believe the gent(owner of the garage) passsed away earlier this year.

Are you sure his sons are okay with the pics being posted here?
Old 13th August 2012, 22:22   #4195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

Attachment 968419

Attachment 968413
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Hi Buddy,

The car seems to be very much restorable..

Unfortunately the owner is not willing to part with it. I talked to a guy who vaguely knows someone who knows the owner. The owner is apparently a mechanic himself and plans restore the car someday. He doesnt have the place so the car is parked at this appartment with one of his relatives.
Another sad story..

Priyadarshan
Old 13th August 2012, 23:52   #4196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Calrock, I dont think they have papers for this car. The owner of that house was a well known garage owner for imported cars and Willys jeeps. Guys from mlore would remember the garage where Willys' centre at balmatta now stands. From what he told me, this belongs to one of his customers who left the car for repairs and never returned to collect it. I believe the gent(owner of the garage) passsed away earlier this year.

Are you sure his sons are okay with the pics being posted here?
i spoke to the house owner regarding the car. And the owners manager contacted me regarding the car so i guess its ok to post the pic
Old 14th August 2012, 09:22   #4197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calrock View Post
i spoke to the house owner regarding the car. And the owners manager contacted me regarding the car so i guess its ok to post the pic
That is great news! When i saw it first, it was in good condition but that was clsoe to a decade ago. They didnt want to sell it neither did they want to resorte or even cover it! I hope your dad picks it up. It would make a great companion to your fintail!

When i asked if i could take pics and tell a few friends about it, the gent there was not too happy!
Old 16th August 2012, 06:03   #4198

Quote:
i found this Ford Fairmont rusting away near my home in Thane. i hope the owner has some plans to restore it.
There was a Hillman also parked near to it, which seemed to belong to the same owner and was in restored condition.
Attached Thumbnails

[COLOR=#777]Sumeet
[/COLOR]
I was surprised this Ford Falcon in India. It is actually an Australian made Ford XY from 1970-72. They had either a 250 6 cylinder, 302 V8 or 351 V8. Fairmont was the luxury trim level for the XY. They are very collectable in Australia, most having been restored. There are virtually none over here to be found anymore, and this would be considered quite a find.

Attached are some photos from an XY brochure.

I remember also seeing on this forum another Australian Ford Falcon station wagon, but it was a later model. I can't seem to find it now.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc08102.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc08106.jpg  

Old 16th August 2012, 11:17   #4199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I was surprised this Ford Falcon in India. It is actually an Australian made Ford XY from 1970-72. They had either a 250 6 cylinder, 302 V8 or 351 V8. Fairmont was the luxury trim level for the XY. They are very collectable in Australia, most having been restored. There are virtually none over here to be found anymore, and this would be considered quite a find.

Attached are some photos from an XY brochure.

I remember also seeing on this forum another Australian Ford Falcon station wagon, but it was a later model. I can't seem to find it now.
There were plenty of Aussie Fords and Holdens in Delhi till the early nineties, which came through the Australian high commision, I remember an Aussie Chev Caprice V8 that my brother almost bought in the late 80s. There was even a Holden 2 door coupe here, I forget the model. It was 6cyl.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 25th August 2012 at 00:23. Reason: Punctuation.
Old 16th August 2012, 11:22   #4200

Quote:
there were plenty of aussie fords and holdens in delhi till the early nineties, which came through the australian high commision, i remember an aussie chev caprice v8 that my brother almost bought in the late 80s. there was even a holden 2 door coupe here, i forget the model. it was 6cyl.
This is fascinating, can you tell me more about the 2 door coupe? (it'd have to be a Monaro). Do you know what year the Caprice was? Where are they all now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks