Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2007, 01:22   #406
Senior - BHPian

speedy... mailing u some pics... takin time to upload...
Old 29th August 2007, 01:24   #407
Senior - BHPian

should'nt the car have headlights like aakifs mercedes bhai.

Old 29th August 2007, 01:34   #408
Senior - BHPian

hers some more!!!

123 interior

123 sunroof

114/5 interior
Old 29th August 2007, 01:35   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
where do you see the austin and the willys
Buddy read properly, i was askin him if he had the pics of the Austin and the Willys..
Old 29th August 2007, 01:43   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Buddy read properly, i was askin him if he had the pics of the Austin and the Willys..

jayd the interiorr of the 220d need a new steering wheel, gear nob. otherwise looks fairly clean.
the 230 centre console is fitted with external a/c switch and the other meters that do not come originally with the car. the gear knob also looks of a w123. gogi bhai your views
the interiors of the pontiac look clean.
could you give more info on the 230. the questions asked by gogi bhai. thanks
Old 29th August 2007, 01:46   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
should'nt the car have headlights like aakifs mercedes bhai.

Right on Speedy, they are the lights she should adorn. Also the car has quarter glasses upfront which i just noticed so shes definitely a 1974.
the american spec had head lights as below

the car you posted is a euro spec which should have lights as below

The 123 interiors look good. Are you sure its a 220D and not a 240D? Lots of fungus on the interior but thats ok. Otherwise looks good.
Even the 114 interior looks good. One can see that hes fitted an A/c (super king by the looks of the a/c buttons)
Now coming to the low bonnet Willy's, its an MB and not a CJ and its a RHD As far as im aware, MBs never came with RHD, only LHD (pl correct me if im wrong) so there we go to the chop shop theory again. Maybe its got a diesel under that hood

Last edited by V-16 : 29th August 2007 at 01:49. Reason: correction
Old 29th August 2007, 01:47   #412
Senior - BHPian

Pontiac Interior

230 badging

Pontiac rear
Old 29th August 2007, 01:51   #413
Senior - BHPian

God! me all confused now.. coz all the 114/5 i saw had the indicators on the top... so what is the final conclusion?? Is this some 'hybrid project' car?? is it worth buying?? ad regardinf the 220, all i know is the badge, the gy was not there will have to call him tomorrow...
p.s.... the 114 had a small black knob to open the quaterglass

Last edited by JayD : 29th August 2007 at 01:54.
Old 29th August 2007, 01:54   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

jayd the interiorr of the 220d need a new steering wheel, gear nob. otherwise looks fairly clean.
the 230 centre console is fitted with external a/c switch and the other meters that do not come originally with the car. the gear knob also looks of a w123. gogi bhai your views
the interiors of the pontiac look clean.
could you give more info on the 230. the questions asked by gogi bhai. thanks
The 115 did come with such gear knobs. My 115 which is a Euro spec LHD 220 petrol has a gear-knob like this. These steerings came till 1973 after which the padded wheel as in the W123 posted took over. so maybe tis guys changed the wheel to an older wheel. If he can change the head lights why not the steering wheel?? One could choose between the white Ivory type or the black bakelite as an option. IMHO the steering looks quite good.

@ JayD you can go ahead and buy the thing if its within the price. The guy must've got these for a cheaper price from the local chor bazar when he changed the lights for whatever reason (i presume). The euro spec lights are available in Bombay and are interchangeable... and these ones I'd be glad to relieve you of
The knob to open the quarter glass has to be turned clockwise to open and the other to shut.

The pontiac looks quite clean. Go for it.

Last edited by V-16 : 29th August 2007 at 02:01.
Old 29th August 2007, 02:00   #415
Senior - BHPian

hmm. so there seems to be some changes done to the car.. does it dilute iys vale in anyway?? Both the cars are manual, with manual windows. Dont know about power steering though. Also the 13 has a etal sunroof with a handle to open it manually, is this standard or an aftermarket fitment>> also theres a ind deflector just ahead of the sunroof... so u sayin that this 220 had originally two round amps at front??? and are the parts for the 114 available
Old 29th August 2007, 02:03   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Even the 114 interior looks good. One can see that hes fitted an A/c (super king by the looks of the a/c buttons)
Now coming to the low bonnet Willy's, its an MB and not a CJ and its a RHD As far as im aware, MBs never came with RHD, only LHD (pl correct me if im wrong) so there we go to the chop shop theory again. Maybe its got a diesel under that hood
bhai does the gear stick of the 114 come this way it looks like the w123 gear stick put on. or did it come originaly this way.
the jeep looks like a engine swap has been performed cause i have not seen a right hand low bonnet.
Old 29th August 2007, 02:04   #417
Senior - BHPian

Hey will find out th details of the jeep from the guy tomorrow!!!
Old 29th August 2007, 02:11   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
hmm. so there seems to be some changes done to the car.. does it dilute iys vale in anyway?? Both the cars are manual, with manual windows. Dont know about power steering though. Also the 13 has a etal sunroof with a handle to open it manually, is this standard or an aftermarket fitment>> also theres a ind deflector just ahead of the sunroof... so u sayin that this 220 had originally two round amps at front??? and are the parts for the 114 available
it wont dilute the value of the 230 atall. you can use the car with these headlights also and if you want to change it you can. the ones on the car like gogi bhai pointed out came in american models and the other type in european ones.
it is ok for the car to have manual handles even mine does except mine has a power sunroof.
my personal preference would be to take the 230 and the pontiac you would be able to find plenty of w123's and preferably look for a 240d or a 300d. i am sure gogi bhai would agree.
Old 29th August 2007, 02:12   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
hmm. so there seems to be some changes done to the car.. does it dilute iys vale in anyway?
These are quite common and nothing to really worry about. If it doesn't add to the value it also does nothing to diminish the value of such cars. Yes a fully perfect 115 with the right fittings would be dearer not by a lot tough.

and are the parts for the 114 available
Parts are readily available, new and old of these cars but more easily of the diesel versions. But body trims and weather strips would be difficult to get. Mechanically one can get about anything for this car.

Also the 13 has a etal sunroof with a handle to open it manually, is this standard or an aftermarket fitment
The manual sunroofs did have a handle to open them which came as a sort of a winder which opens the sunroof when wound clockwise. The air deflector was an extra option also available after market or from the company. The sunroof on the other hand, was available as an extra charged option from the company as it is even now

u sayin that this 220 had originally two round amps at front?
No the 220 should not have two round lamps but like the ones that are seen in the red 115 whose pics i have posted.

Last edited by V-16 : 29th August 2007 at 02:13.
Old 29th August 2007, 02:16   #420
Senior - BHPian

okie... tanx a lot!! can u pls post a pic of the 14&115 rear section too? just want to check the tail lamps also. The car has all the trim in it except for the beading on the front left door..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks