Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2012, 11:23   #4081
BHPian

Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

The red 1956 beauty that appeared in the mirror a few days back seems to be a classic case of a car being repaired on the roads by a mechanic and consequently towed away by the authorities. Observe the brand new white walls and general condition of the car. I hope the owner does not waste time getting her back. If not vandals will strip her for parts which then will surface in chor bazzar/certain workshops. Would be interesting to follow its progress in the yard or outside.
Old 5th June 2012, 16:11   #4082
Senior - BHPian

This car bears a Gujarat number and a few months back was seen near filmistan Studio in Goregaon for an Ajay Devgan movie. Was towed by a long rope and steered as its non functional. The front and rear windscreen are removed for clear picture of the stars.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
This appeared in today's (31st May 2012) MUMBAI MIRROR copy.
Attachment 934358

Hope we can salvage this beauty in next auction.

Raab rakha.
Old 5th June 2012, 16:28   #4083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
This car i see everyday when I visit the Wheeler Road extension near Cooke Town.

This doesnt have a steering and some other thing are also missing. But the owner, I believe cleans the car everyday. It is always clean.
Yep, I see this car on the way home everyday. I'ts been parked at this place for over 3 years now. Ocassionally i'ts parked at a different angle Had a peek inside and most seems to be original. And yep, it's always kept clean and the owner has removed the steering, quite surley for safety purpose
Old 16th June 2012, 22:28   #4084
BHPian

spotted in on of the most unlikeliest of places in Delhi.

Regards

Rahul
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-179647_10151778950605029_1570424010_n.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-556756_10151831587250029_958483900_n.jpg  

rapheal9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 23:00   #4085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapheal9 View Post
spotted in on of the most unlikeliest of places in Delhi. Regards Rahul
Oh my, where is she now? She was at CP for the longest time ever. Then came to a workshop in VK. Was fully overhauled, only because she had been neglected at CP, although complete and all there. Sad, this has befallen her! Can still be resurrected though.
Old 16th June 2012, 23:48   #4086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Oh my, where is she now? She was at CP for the longest time ever. Then came to a workshop in VK. Was fully overhauled, only because she had been neglected at CP, although complete and all there. Sad, this has befallen her! Can still be resurrected though.
this is the kg marg car? iv seen her in mint condition in everyday use, it was still there till a couple of years ago, the owner also had a white w123 touring
Old 17th June 2012, 11:05   #4087
BANNED

Quote:
spotted in on of the most unlikeliest of places in Delhi.

Regards

Rahul

Both the pics are of the same car.. And the car in the pics is a 73 Super Beetle, Is there anyway we can get this car out of that place.. Can anyone try

The car is in Perfectly Re-Storable condition, we can get it running provided some T-BHP'ians can do something about it.
Old 17th June 2012, 12:58   #4088
BHPian

yes both the pictures are of the same vehicle, i am not sure of her previous whereabouts but currently the bug lies in one of the compounds of AIIMS Mortuary Ansari Nagar East. if any one plans to take her up, do let me know..

Last edited by rapheal9 : 17th June 2012 at 13:02.
rapheal9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 14:03   #4089
BANNED

Quote:
yes both the pictures are of the same vehicle, i am not sure of her previous whereabouts but currently the bug lies in one of the compounds of AIIMS Mortuary Ansari Nagar East. if any one plans to take her up, do let me know..

Anna...! i am certainly interested...

Please do the needful and let me know
Old 17th June 2012, 14:09   #4090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Anna...! i am certainly interested...

Please do the needful and let me know
Saar, dont you have too much on your plate already?

Or is this planning for the future?
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 14:15   #4091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
this is the kg marg car? iv seen her in mint condition in everyday use, it was still there till a couple of years ago, the owner also had a white w123 touring
Awini, I thought it was the KG Marg car, that used to be parked along with a couple of earlier generation Isuzu Geminis, across the lane from Ambadeep (!!). But then, ICMR had a couple of the exact same ones too (right to the colour and model). One I know was auctioned many years ago, and was bought by someone I know (maybe you do too - the gent from Zakir Nagar behind Jamia, who's also on this forum, albeit rather mute). However, in view of rapheal9's post below, it could very well be one of the AIIMS/ICMR cars instead.

Quote:
not sure of her previous whereabouts but currently the bug lies in one of the compounds of AIIMS Mortuary Ansari Nagar East. if any one plans to take her up, do let me know..
Yes, I'd be interested, for a friend. Even my bug can benefit from it, in case she can't be restored whole, due to the papers or any other issue beyond redemption. Pls PM me, in case you have a lien on it, or can swing it for me. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Both the pics are of the same car.. And the car in the pics is a 73 Super Beetle,
Not a '73 Super Beetle at all, but an ordinary 1200 she is; clear tell-tale signs of that are visible when you know them.
Old 17th June 2012, 23:55   #4092
BHPian

i found this Ford Fairmont rusting away near my home in Thane. i hope the owner has some plans to restore it.
There was a Hillman also parked near to it, which seemed to belong to the same owner and was in restored condition.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-ford-1.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-ford-2.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-ford.jpg  

Last edited by infotech58 : 18th June 2012 at 00:15.
Old 1st July 2012, 20:49   #4093
Distinguished - BHPian

There were two Morris Minors lying unattended and rotting in the same workshop about 4 to 5 years back. One of these was taken away by its owner and parked on a road in front of his house. Later on, this one was bought by someone and is now parked in a garage on NH 7 just on the outskirts of Nagpur towards Kamptee. I am not sure what happened to the other Minor the M H J ____!

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-sonycamv-267.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-sonycamv-268.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-sonycamv-269.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-sonycamv-270.jpg

Name:  sonycamv 271.jpg
Views: 2492
Size:  130.3 KB

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-sonycamv-273.jpg

All the above are older pictures from my album

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc09372.jpg

The seventh picture clicked by me on 9th June 2012 (sorry I was on the move and so just a portion of the car is in the frame) is of the one that moved back to the owner and again to a new workshop on NH 7 ! An Austin 8 is seen beside. The Morris Minor's (MHN 4453) roof carrier is in tact since I saw it 4-5 years ago!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 1st July 2012 at 20:51.
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:44   #4094
Senior - BHPian

Found this one rotted to no point of return in Cox Town Bangalore, Those looking for handles (outside and inside) have some hopes .

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-imag0105.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-imag0106.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-imag0107.jpg
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:12   #4095
BHPian

are the bonnet and side panels available ?? I dont see any reason why the Pennant cannot be restored back ? I see anything and everything restorable these days but thats a different story. The Car Seems good. Also the engine can also be salvaged..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks