Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2007, 18:19   #391
Senior - BHPian

jayd the car would deffinately be a good project car and only make an offer if all parts emblems, meters are there. the car in this condition should not go for more then40 thousand, but again like amatmo mentioned it depends on the owner. you stick to your guns and leave your number the guy will get back to you.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:00   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
awini i have been seeing the car in this condition for almost a year now. my aunt stays close by and to go to the market i used to cross the car.
yes on inquireing i did find that the car had a closed parking and was well kept. the interiors of the car are not missing anything all meters intact. with every passing day the car is deteriorating further.
it was put out in feb end, early march this year, because i had thought of buying it when the garage wall was taken down. it still stayed in the garage for months, visible from the road, before finally being put out.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:07   #393
Senior - BHPian

awini i saw the car in nov on the road as my cousin sister was in delhi and she showed it to me. but anyway now the car is in pathetic state. have you tried talking to the owner after that.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:40   #394
BHPian

well time flies, i do remember it was winter, if you are so sure, then it might be november. no i didnt contact them, wasnt interested.
when i first caught sight of the car from the road, it was dusk and i thought it was a nissan president, but on closer inspection it turned out to be a mere ford falcon, so lost interest. there were several of those V8 nissans in delhi, wonder where they went... even the mitsubishi debonairs have disappeared, as have the volgas and holdens, i quite liked the volgas that the soviet diplomats drove.

Last edited by awini : 28th August 2007 at 23:58.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:52   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
well time flies, i do remember it was winters, if you are so sure, then it might be november. no i didnt contact them, wasnt interested.
when i first caught sight of the car from the road, it was dusk and i thought it was a nissan president, but on closer inspection it turned out to be a mere ford falcon, so lost interest. there were several of those V8 nissans in delhi, wonder where they went... even the mitsubishi debonairs have disappeared, as have the volgas and holdens, i quite liked the volgas that the soviet diplomats drove.
i am sure as my cousin sister comes to delhi only once a year. she lives abroad otherwise mid november till mid december.
i have not come across any nissan V8/ mitsubishi debonairs or holdens. i had seen a volga on my way to jaipur once standing at a garage but did not stop to inquire as i was running late.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:59   #396
Senior - BHPian

Im back from my morris hunt!! And i must say, buying that ride is impossible! the workshop oldie is a crackpot! he has dismantled the mechanicals of the car which was running perfectly! And it looks pathetic now! He claimed that he has all the parts and can make it complete... but he's asking 50k for the car, ie, without assembling the engine! this car is like a rotted jigsaw puzzle now! i wanted to the the engine ad he showed me an assortment of spare parts! lost interest. I dont think its worth the money.

Old 29th August 2007, 00:01   #397
BHPian

i last saw a president at gk, n block market about four years ago, it was in a bad shape though. at least 10 years since i saw a debonair and holden kingswood, saw a junked volga at a garage about two to three years ago.
Old 29th August 2007, 00:03   #398
Senior - BHPian

But on a brighter note, i found some really interesting cars here today, two mercs! a w123 220D, a W104/5 230(din know which one, but the indicatore were below the lights, help?pls??) a 1948-49 pontiac(still in ts orginal colours!!),a fiat1100, an austin, and a willys low bonnet!!! am particularly nterested in the two mercs and the pontiac, can u pls tell me what price i should pay for hem? Couldnt get the exact details regarding the price etc as the concerned person was not there, planning to go over and quote a price.. need help from the experts!!

Is this a w115/114??? badge is 230, so is it a 6cyl petrol??

The pontiac

A fiat, specially for karl!!

Last edited by JayD : 29th August 2007 at 00:17.
Old 29th August 2007, 00:16   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
But on a brighter note, i found some really interesting cars here today, two mercs! a w123 220D, a W104/5 230 a 1948-49 pontiac(still in ts orginal colours!!),a fiat1100, an austin, and a willys low bonnet!!! am particularly nterested in the two mercs and the pontiac
JayD, did you yake any pics of these cars ?

Opps looks like just You already posted the pics any pics of the Austin and the Willys.

Last edited by egangsta : 29th August 2007 at 00:20.
Old 29th August 2007, 00:18   #400
Senior - BHPian

Yep! just posted some of them, loading the rest to my comp now!
Old 29th August 2007, 00:23   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
i last saw a president at gk, n block market about four years ago, it was in a bad shape though. at least 10 years since i saw a debonair and holden kingswood, saw a junked volga at a garage about two to three years ago.
the president is no longer there at gk. the volga that i saw was in good condition from the outside atleast. did not see it on my other two trips to jaipur after that. maybe it was someones car that had come for repairs. will keep my eye out for these cars and let you know if i spot any.
Old 29th August 2007, 00:23   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Opps looks like just You already posted the pics any pics of the Austin and the Willys.

???? actually these are the two i DIDN'T post!!!
Old 29th August 2007, 00:38   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
But on a brighter note, i found some really interesting cars here today, two mercs! a w123 220D, a W104/5 230(din know which one, but the indicatore were below the lights, help?pls??) a 1948-49 pontiac(still in ts orginal colours!!),a fiat1100, an austin, and a willys low bonnet!!! am particularly nterested in the two mercs and the pontiac, can u pls tell me what price i should pay for hem? Couldnt get the exact details regarding the price etc as the concerned person was not there, planning to go over and quote a price.. need help from the experts
the 230 looks like a 115 to me and bad with the series though so would require conformation. i would look at around 1 lac for each merc and the pontiac around 2lacs. but like i always say it depends on the owner. please see if the cars are running and the amount of work required.
if i was you i would leave the 220d and concentrate on the 230 and the pontiac. you would find alot of w123's but not the 230.
do let me know what the guy asks for the 230 and the pontiac and if you dont want them i would be interested.
Old 29th August 2007, 01:04   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
JayD, did you yake any pics of these cars ?

where do you see the austin and the willys
Old 29th August 2007, 01:12   #405
Senior - BHPian

JayD, these cars look in quite good condition. My advice:
1) forget the fiat unless its dirt cheap
2) Go for the Pontiac
3) The W123 is a 220 D right? That makes it a lesser made 123 as 220Ds were made in the W123 chassis for just about 2-3 years I think. It should be an early 1977-78-79. as later than that these engines wee discontinued. But shes got the 1984 head lights on her. Is she with pwr steering/windows and is she auto/manual.
4) The 114/5 is probably a 114 if shes a six cyl and a 115 if shes a 230.4 (four cyl) Looking at the car it should be from 1969-1973 as it has a bakelite steering which came only till 1973. The lights are from the American model (as these are American spec lights)i.e. must have originally belonged to a 114/5 Left hand drive and have been just fitted here. Looks complete and would be a good buy if got with in the price. Is it an auto with pwr steering and a/c s these things would command a slight premium. Im intrigued about the rear lights as they look like the W108 lights but maybe the angle you took the pics from is making it look so. could we have the pics of the lights and interior pics if any. The Willy's, does she have the original engine or is she dieselised?....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks