Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 21:25   #3511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
I dont know if this is the correct thread,but here are a few pics of a fiat i found rotting behind balgandharva pune
Slowwly she sinks.
They've vandalized her even more - She had her door handles intact when I saw her in February !!

Jokes apart guys, Pune weather means minimal rust. Is this car worth picking up as a project ? Body looks tidy, and she has a nice (VIP !!!) number too !
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-ws-2.jpg  

Last edited by SuperSelect : 29th November 2010 at 21:27.
Old 29th November 2010, 22:25   #3512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
I dont know if this is the correct thread,but here are a few pics of a fiat i found rotting behind balgandharva pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Slowwly she sinks.
They've vandalized her even more - She had her door handles intact when I saw her in February !!

Jokes apart guys, Pune weather means minimal rust. Is this car worth picking up as a project ? Body looks tidy, and she has a nice (VIP !!!) number too !
It does seem salvageable although I would check the underside all the more though the body may be tidy.

Still, its worth picking up (if reasonable) for the number definitely! The regn. indicates she's a '61-62 select, since MHP 147 was an early Herald.

Let's wait for karl to post a response here, he surely would know this car well, maybe the owners too!
Old 30th November 2010, 09:58   #3513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
It does seem salvageable although I would check the underside all the more though the body may be tidy.

Still, its worth picking up (if reasonable) for the number definitely! The regn. indicates she's a '61-62 select, since MHP 147 was an early Herald.

Let's wait for karl to post a response here, he surely would know this car well, maybe the owners too!
I know the car, but not the owners. I've been seeing it since when it was in regular use years ago, now slowly sinking. It is pretty rotten by now, but nothing that cannot be fixed. A major job though. The number may not fall in the same order as other MHP numbers as usually VIP numbers were alotted out of turn. The Landmaster BML 9999 is a 1955 registered car, though BML series were alotted upto 1957.
Old 5th December 2010, 14:39   #3514
Senior - BHPian

Alfa

Spotted this lying at Churchgate Station ..any clue whose car this ?
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc_0349.jpg  

Old 5th December 2010, 15:56   #3515

Yeah. I do. Used to be Freddy Turel's car. Then this car was sold early last year and it just stood outside one of the brabourne gates on Marine drive. and now it seems to have moved. There is a thread on the forum about her too.
Old 6th December 2010, 00:17   #3516
Senior - BHPian

@Trivandrum

saw this en route kovalam today evening , there was also a W123 left behind rusting , in a scrap yard.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-r-1.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-r-2.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-r-3.jpg  

Old 6th December 2010, 00:35   #3517
BHPian

Interesting Starlet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
saw this en route kovalam today evening , there was also a W123 left behind rusting , in a scrap yard.
The Starlet looks interesting! Number plate with my Initials!

@foby : Were you just passing by or did you also find out if they were for sale ?
Old 6th December 2010, 00:54   #3518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
The Starlet looks interesting! Number plate with my Initials!

@foby : Were you just passing by or did you also find out if they were for sale ?
I was just passing by , but still I stopped over to see and en quire , the W124 and the old amby along with green corolla is for sale.

when inquired about the starlet it belong to the work shop in that building and the work shop was closed since it was Sunday.
Old 12th December 2010, 14:41   #3519
BHPian

Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Hello,
Today i had a chance to visit a garage in Katraj Ghat in Pune. They have mostly the scrapped vehicles. Last time i saw 5 years ago they had about a dozen vintage cars in different conditions. now i could hardly measure 4. Worst part is due to overgrown bushes it has become difficult to identify the vehicles.

I request all of your help to identify the cars and tell me if any of them can be salvaged.. The watchman claimed that papers could be found with the garage owner. I have taken the contact number and will be contacting him soon.. Some pics..

The car on the right side in the first image is an Austin somerset whose engine is present and i could make out the headlights.. Other is unknown.
There were few imports lying around. But my attention was taken by this black beauty. It is in really sad condition. Engine is present in engine bay.. Can this beauty be restored??

I could also make out a sillhoute of a blue Standard Herald in the bushes. If the bushes are cleared i think couple of more cars will emerge..
All of the stuff lying here is for sale.. I dont know about the prices, but if any of the cars are worth saving, then we can enquire about prices..

Help..
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6465.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6466.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6468.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6470.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6471.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6474.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6476.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6477.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6478.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6479.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6480.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6482.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6486.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6489.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-copy-_mg_6490.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 12th December 2010, 15:47   #3520
Senior - BHPian

Quite a graveyard and very interesting place to visit for we petrol heads. Don't know about the other cars but the 3rd last pic of the engine and chassis (probably cut into half) is from a FIAT TOPOLINO i guess. Experts can comment more on this.
Old 12th December 2010, 16:39   #3521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post

Worst part is due to overgrown bushes it has become difficult to identify the vehicles. If the bushes are cleared i think couple of more cars will emerge..

I have taken the contact number and will be contacting him soon.. Some pics..

But my attention was taken by this black beauty. It is in really sad condition. Engine is present in engine bay.. Can this beauty be restored??

All of the stuff lying here is for sale.. I dont know about the prices, but if any of the cars are worth saving, then we can enquire about prices..

Help..
Priyadarshan,
Good Job! But..
Only when we can see more of the cars will we know if they are worth salvaging... any way of getting the bushes cleared? how much will it cost if we get some guys to clear the bushes? I don't think anyone would object to clearing up this mess!
And whatever the condition of the cars... every car is restorable... all it needs is Time, Patience and of course MONEY!
It is when it becomes economically unattractive (Cost of restoration > Cost of car if is to be sold later) that one will stay away.

Do contact the owner and find out what he has to say..
Old 13th December 2010, 02:32   #3522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Priyadarshan,
Good Job! But..
Only when we can see more of the cars will we know if they are worth salvaging... any way of getting the bushes cleared? how much will it cost if we get some guys to clear the bushes? I don't think anyone would object to clearing up this mess!
And whatever the condition of the cars... every car is restorable... all it needs is Time, Patience and of course MONEY!
It is when it becomes economically unattractive (Cost of restoration > Cost of car if is to be sold later) that one will stay away.

Do contact the owner and find out what he has to say..

Thanks for the encouragement. I will contact the owner and find out what cars he actually has. I am basically fascinated by the black beauty.. If it can be restored, i would be a proud possession.. Will post here as soon as i here from the owner. Meanwhile i will be glad to accompany anyone who wishes to see the place and help me shed some light on the cars and their condition..
Old 13th December 2010, 11:12   #3523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I know the car, but not the owners. I've been seeing it since when it was in regular use years ago, now slowly sinking. It is pretty rotten by now, but nothing that cannot be fixed. A major job though. The number may not fall in the same order as other MHP numbers as usually VIP numbers were alotted out of turn. The Landmaster BML 9999 is a 1955 registered car, though BML series were alotted upto 1957.
Karl any ways of knowing if the car is for sale or any info on the owner. I am interested in the car.
Old 13th December 2010, 13:39   #3524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Karl any ways of knowing if the car is for sale or any info on the owner. I am interested in the car.
I'll find out the exact location in Pune and PM you. Save whatever you can..
Old 13th December 2010, 13:50   #3525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
I'll find out the exact location in Pune and PM you. Save whatever you can..
This car can be used for a project i want to build from a long time. Saved to an extent i would say but not to the extent of being 100% original.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks