Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2010, 11:53   #3466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
A real sad sight indeed! The red car seems to be a Nova rather than an Impala though.

I also see some newer vehicles in the background showing the Herald- also bought for the same purpose?
Hi!
The red car is a Russian Volga. Front screen seems to have been altered. Quite a number had reached India through east bloc consulates and embassies.

Cheers harit
Old 14th November 2010, 11:58   #3467
BHPian

Looks like the Volga Gaz 24 model.
Old 14th November 2010, 13:21   #3468
Senior - BHPian

Buick in Panjim

Dear Sir,

where is this car in Panjim the Buick

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibby View Post
Buick spotted in Goa, Panjim, Campal
Attachment 450458
Old 14th November 2010, 18:07   #3469
BHPian

At campal near military hospital, opposite wendell rodricks boutique
Old 14th November 2010, 22:08   #3470
BHPian

found this superselect in rusting condition near thrissur
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image595.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image596.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image597.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image598.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image599.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image600.jpg  

Old 15th November 2010, 11:55   #3471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Looks like a 1965-66 Bug by its specs, a good car to do up.

Any Pune guys can help this car in distress
Hello,
I am from pune and i have seen this car many times and it is lovely. That car was lying on the main road for an year or so then they moved it inside.. i tried enquiring at the shops in the building but they dont seem to know it.. If its up for sale i am definately interested.. One of these days i am planning to get into that building and ask people staying there.. I am making up my mind for getting thrown out. I had a really bad experience last month when i went to see an old gentleman who has a beautiful morris 8 E rotting away. He wouldnt even let me see it and practically threw me out..
Old 15th November 2010, 16:19   #3472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
I am making up my mind for getting thrown out. I had a really bad experience last month when i went to see an old gentleman who has a beautiful morris 8 E rotting away. He wouldnt even let me see it and practically threw me out..
Hi Boss we always tend to assume (me included) that whenever a vintage car is seen even if it is off the road, it must be for sale. Some owners take such enquiries in the right spirit others will throw you out.

I am touchy about people sneaking into my garages without my permission to see or photograph my cars. However if I am asked properly I am happy to oblige. Try approaching the owners through any other contacts or sources who may know them. Be tactful and you will be rewarded.
Old 15th November 2010, 16:53   #3473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
Hello,
I am from pune and i have seen this car many times and it is lovely. That car was lying on the main road for an year or so then they moved it inside.. i tried enquiring at the shops in the building but they dont seem to know it.. If its up for sale i am definately interested.. One of these days i am planning to get into that building and ask people staying there.. I am making up my mind for getting thrown out. I had a really bad experience last month when i went to see an old gentleman who has a beautiful morris 8 E rotting away. He wouldnt even let me see it and practically threw me out..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Hi Boss we always tend to assume (me included) that whenever a vintage car is seen even if it is off the road, it must be for sale. Some owners take such enquiries in the right spirit others will throw you out.

I am touchy about people sneaking into my garages without my permission to see or photograph my cars. However if I am asked properly I am happy to oblige. Try approaching the owners through any other contacts or sources who may know them. Be tactful and you will be rewarded.
If it is the same car I think it is, I can empathise with Priyadarshan. Black, BMX regd, off JM road? I was shoo'ed away in a similar manner, even after approaching with much tact . The car standing stoically in the driveway is a sight to see, straight out of a vintage picture postcard - completely original, but apparently not moved in some time. The bungalow is gorgeous, but in a state of neglect, complementing the car perfectly.
Old 15th November 2010, 16:56   #3474
BHPian

You are right!!

I agree.. If there's someone known by both parties people would be much less hostile. One more thing i dont understand is people who are not willing to sell nor they would restore it themselves. They will prefer their car to rot away.
I have been told that there's a location in Katraj Ghat near Pune where atleast a dozen of unidentifiable vintage cars are literally stacked in an old garage. From the pictures i could make out an early 50's Austin Somerset A40 and an early Hindustan motors car which looks like morris minor. Does anybody know anything about this place? Will post the pictures soon.
Old 15th November 2010, 18:11   #3475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
If it is the same car I think it is, I can empathise with Priyadarshan. Black, BMX regd, off JM road? I was shoo'ed away in a similar manner, even after approaching with much tact . The car standing stoically in the driveway is a sight to see, straight out of a vintage picture postcard - completely original, but apparently not moved in some time. The bungalow is gorgeous, but in a state of neglect, complementing the car perfectly.
Yes Karl thats the same car. I respectfully went to the old guy, ringed the bell and asked if i can have a look at the car and i bear no ill intentions. But he immediately denied it and asked me to leave. But i stole few glances at it while leaving and let me tell you its a beauty. It would be a prized possession.. Condition from inside is little bit bad but not yet out of hand.. But the body work is mostly in shape..
Old 15th November 2010, 19:01   #3476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinmohan View Post
found this superselect in rusting condition near thrissur
Great find indeed , Vipin where it is located ?

do you know more about it ? starting condition , running condition etc
Old 15th November 2010, 19:48   #3477
BANNED

Found these nice cars rotting at Bangalore's workshop, also known by many as car graveyard "Sripathi's Garage"

No offense to him, since few of his restorations are known to be the best of the lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-imag_1686.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-imag_1687.jpg  

Old 15th November 2010, 20:02   #3478
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Found these nice cars rotting at Bangalore's workshop, also known by many as car graveyard "Sripathi's Garage"

No offense to him, since few of his restorations are known to be the best of the lot.
The Desoto wagon was never to be restored and is to be scrapped. Had a diesel engine which was removed an sold. The current owner, surprise surprise has a royal connection from the West

The Wolseley is owned by the same person who owns the Eagle. Half the parts are not there. The owner cannot make his mind as to what he wants to do. Sripathy is not interested to restore this car. But the owner dumped it here and so he has to remove it. Till the owner takes it back the car will remain abandoned on the road side and more pictures for this thread

Cheers

KPS
Old 15th November 2010, 20:25   #3479
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
The Desoto wagon was never to be restored and is to be scrapped. Had a diesel engine which was removed an sold. The current owner, surprise surprise has a royal connection from the West

The Wolseley is owned by the same person who owns the Eagle. Half the parts are not there. The owner cannot make his mind as to what he wants to do. Sripathy is not interested to restore this car. But the owner dumped it here and so he has to remove it. Till the owner takes it back the car will remain abandoned on the road side and more pictures for this thread

Cheers

KPS
Sir, dont you think those 2 cars are restorable?

I feel sad, for those cars, there are couple of more cars there, which as per me might face the same fate. Mostly attributed to owners loosing interest on the cars and also maybe the restorer who is half interested in them.

Only car owners who are genuine passionate guys will try the hardest come whatever may to finish the car and take it home. But sadly few cars may never get to drive on the roads ever in their lifetime.
Old 15th November 2010, 21:02   #3480
BHPian

Quote:

This DESOTO seems to b fitted with a 47/48 BUICK grill, A GOOD JOB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks