Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 16:57   #3001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Looks like a pre-war Opel Kadett K38/KJ38 (1937-40)
-- one of Opel's earliest monocoques.

When Hitler lost World War Two, the Soviets grabbed the Opel plant and machinery at Rüsselsheim and from 1948 to 1956 manufactured this car as the Москвич 400/420.

Offtopic: Have you seen the very unique (and India's biggest) Balram temple in Panna, built by Maharaja Rudrapratap Singh (1848-1893). Also Bajirao Peshwa's Mastani (Rana Chhatrasal's muslim daughter) hailed from Panna -- city of diamond mines.

Ram
I have somewhere pictures of an Indian delegation visiting this 'Opel' plant in Russia. But I doubt that they wanted to build this car in India.
BTW, Panna was also a state having a Maharaja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
guys if you can get this machine, do go ahead. yeah you will have to spend lakhs but it will be awesome. .............. plz guys save this bel air. and any classics that you find. every one is important
I do not agree that this car is worth saving. It is the least desirable of this body shape, 1965 to 1968, being a 4 door sedan with pillar. And originally it would have had a 6 cylinder engine. Now the car near Nagpur, pillarless with a V-8 is another story.
The car is too rusty, the body will have to be rebuilt completely. Not worth it. And is the front screen OK?
And, as Spitfire says, price is/was 5L, it is not worth a penny over 50K.
I would assume the documents to be intact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Incidentally, such an Opel Kadett of the 1930's was also owned by Thespian Prithvi Raj Kapoor- maybe it was his first car. The Kapoors are sentimentally attached to this car and it is on display in the premises of the Prithvi Theatres. When I saw its picture about a decade back it was in a rotting condition.
I have seen this Opel at the site of Prithvi Theatre when it was under construction in the 1980's. The contractors brother took me there for a dekho when I saw this Opel lying there, junked. It had a light colour, and it was the cabriolet type. So apparently the car was not scrapped, but it was in a mess even at that time.

Cheers harit
Old 5th April 2010, 15:03   #3002
Senior - BHPian

Harit, IMO, the Belair is not worth picking up even at 50k for a restorer.
The only people to pick up would be the scrap dealers for whatever little parts remain on the car!
Old 6th April 2010, 11:34   #3003
Senior - BHPian

sunbeam motorcycle

where in goa is this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarshanS View Post
Just back from a short trip to Goa. Spotted a Sunbeam motorcycle (1952 S7 Deluxe?) in bad state left to rust. I am thinking of locating the owner and quoting a price. Looks like restorable but will need a good amount of cash for it? What does the team think it should cost?
The Photo Gallery for Sunbeam Motorcycles
Old 6th April 2010, 14:50   #3004
Senior - BHPian

Belair is a rust bucket and not such a collectible that a huge restoration project may be undertaken at any cost.

Overhaulin looks and sounds good on the TV. Here the situation is completely different. Also importing an engine is not so easy and the expense aspect is huge. note that suspension, mounts gearbox everything will have to be dealt with. IMHO, let it go until a brave person picks it up.
Old 7th April 2010, 19:27   #3005
BHPian

Mini?

Was going through a thread in Supercars and imports section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Here is one i found on net(Flickr).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
here is the link to the image! Maserati RULES!

Maserati on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

while going through the above flickr link found this mini,it's almost an year old pic.Don't know anyone had posted pic of the same before in team bhp

Do anyone know where this is? i guess its somwhere near mumbai

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-4304242492_1394f38927_o.jpg

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 7th April 2010 at 19:29.
Old 7th April 2010, 22:11   #3006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post

Attachment 324453
This car is located in Yeoor Hills, Thane.
Old 27th April 2010, 00:23   #3007
Distinguished - BHPian

'been seeing this Landmaster rotting away at a local garage for the last few years. 'doesnt look restorable now.

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-landy.jpeg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-landy1.jpeg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-landy2.jpeg

Ironically even God apparently couldnt help this car!

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-landy3.jpeg

And also finally got to see these rather 'well-known' cars at a local abandoned petrol bunk here. The Adler has been talked about in this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...el-beetle.html

This is one pre-war car that I found myself really liking! Especially love that Eagle (Adler in German, which is what the name means) badge!

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-adler.jpeg
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-adler1.jpeg
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-adler2.jpeg
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-adler3.jpeg

Any idea what the maroon/white car is in front of it?

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-unknown.jpeg
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-unknown1.jpeg

Last edited by Stanher : 27th April 2010 at 00:26.
Old 27th April 2010, 00:43   #3008
BHPian

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 3rd car in the far background of the second last pic is a rusting Beetle.
So Stanher, the petrol bunk and the abandoned cars are a 'package' complementing this thread!!
Old 27th April 2010, 01:04   #3009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 3rd car in the far background of the second last pic is a rusting Beetle.
Yes, its a pre-66 beetle. 'had been posted before in another thread, so didnt bother photo'ing it again.
Old 27th April 2010, 02:12   #3010

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Was going through a thread in Supercars and imports section

while going through the above flickr link found this mini,it's almost an year old pic.Don't know anyone had posted pic of the same before in team bhp

Attachment 324453

Why Doesnt someone take this car up?? IT could be a nice project. Also, It could be a parts car for another mini resto.
Old 27th April 2010, 09:58   #3011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
'been seeing this Landmaster rotting away at a local garage for the last few years. 'doesnt look restorable now.

Attachment 338578

Attachment 338579

Attachment 338580

Attachment 338581

And also finally got to see these rather 'well-known' cars at a local abandoned petrol bunk here. The Adler has been talked about in this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...el-beetle.html

This is one pre-war car that I found myself really liking! Especially love that Eagle (Adler in German, which is what the name means) badge!

Attachment 338582
Attachment 338583
Attachment 338584
Attachment 338585

Attachment 338586
Attachment 338587

What a pity to see that once magestic ADler Trumpf Senior reduced to such a sad state.

It was an immaculate car at one time and look what happened to it.

I too am curious about the car in front of it. Is it a Singer ?
Old 27th April 2010, 10:21   #3012
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Why Doesnt someone take this car up?? IT could be a nice project. Also, It could be a parts car for another mini resto.
Arre baba cy, there certainly are people who'd love to take up all these cars! Even the beetle. But, as it has been mentioned on the other threads before, these cars are all not for sale in the sense, the whole property has been under some family dispute following the demise of the owner. I dont know the details but it doesnt seem like a legal dispute as in that case, the whole property would've been sealed by the Court with a sign notifying the same. There is no such thing there, so could be just a personal dispute.
So the family members, apparently too busy in the infighting, are not bothered about the state of the cars. I wonder how much longer this will go on! :(
Old 27th April 2010, 18:58   #3013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
And also finally got to see these rather 'well-known' cars at a local abandoned petrol bunk here. The Adler has been talked about in this thread

Attachment 338586
Attachment 338587
The Landmaster is in a very poor shape.The dash was though modded and the steering borrowed from the Ambassador.The USP of this Landy is the chrome strip on the front windscreen beading which is too rare to find these days.
Also sorry to see the other cars rotting this way.We should all make valid wills for our car/s in favour of our next of kin, so that say after some decades when we dead are gone, our cars should not feature on this thread in the same ramshackle condition ..
And Stanher the last maroon/white car you asked about is a Standard indeed! Its the Standard Nine four door saloon of 1934-36.It had a 1052 cc 4cyl side valve engine and was made between 1934-36.Here is its picture from Wikipedia:
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-250pxstandard_9_saloon_1935.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 27th April 2010 at 19:01.
Old 30th April 2010, 17:48   #3014
Distinguished - BHPian

A late 20s American tourer can be seen in Kerala here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1857361-post4617.html

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-junk.jpg
Old 2nd May 2010, 20:04   #3015
BHPian

Jeep

Saw this jeep abandoned on Thenkasi Road.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jeepabandoned.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks