Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 02:31   #2956
Senior - BHPian

The ford V-8 was recently bought down from South by a so called collector.
Old 25th March 2010, 12:14   #2957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Muzzammil, are you on lookout for rusting vintage cars? if you are, then I think I can give you a couple of leads pretty soon.
Thanks Nikhil, I am definetly counting on you. If I am Not around also you can talk to my Dad (Mr Jameel Khan).
Regards
Muzzammil
Old 25th March 2010, 19:24   #2958
BHPian

Since this is a thread on rusting classics, ill assume that all the restoration experts check it out from time to time. Now i need a lil guidance. I was repainting my ol' bikes engine and i have been searching high and low for an ALUMINIUM SAFE PAINT REMOVER. whenever i ask a paintwalla for paint remover they hand me caustic soda/NaOH. Since NaOH corrodes aluminium i told them that i need an aluminium safe paint remover and they just say it works on any surface. Sure it will work on the paint but it will damage aluminium too. Soooo i need to know about any brands that manufacture aluminium safe paint remover and guys from delhi , if you could tell me where to get it as well, it would be awesome

thanx
Anmol
Old 26th March 2010, 07:12   #2959

Dear Friends,

Are there any vintage [pre-1930]TALBOTS in India. Pictures please.
Old 26th March 2010, 13:56   #2960
BHPian

JUst been looking at the pics, shame to see such beautiful cars just rust away
Old 26th March 2010, 15:35   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaan_urs View Post
Thanks Nikhil, I am definetly counting on you. If I am Not around also you can talk to my Dad (Mr Jameel Khan).
Regards
Muzzammil
Would surely love to meet your Dad. Saw him sitting near your Merc, getting some work done on the Merc. He seemed to be lost in some thoughts, so did not feel like disturbing him yesterday morning.
Old 26th March 2010, 23:33   #2962
Senior - BHPian

TrafficJamabad formerly known as Hyderabad....ha ha ha ha. good one bhai. Now that has become the fact.
Old 28th March 2010, 02:38   #2963
BHPian

@chanu, It truly hurts to say, but Hyderabad has infact turned into TrafficJamabad.

@Muzzammil, saw an Alfa-Romeo & VW Golf in Vijay Nagar Colony near Mallepally. Will get information & pictures if possible.
Old 28th March 2010, 12:27   #2964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
@chanu, It truly hurts to say, but Hyderabad has infact turned into TrafficJamabad.

@Muzzammil, saw an Alfa-Romeo & VW Golf in Vijay Nagar Colony near Mallepally. Will get information & pictures if possible.
Hi Nikhil
Thanks for the vital Information, VW Golf I think is black/Navy Blue in colour LHD with high profile Tyres or alloy wheels. And its located at the workshop near Mallepally /Vijay Nagar Cross roads and that fellow has a Montego Station Wagon too. But Where is the Alfa Romeo ? Cant wait to see the car. Just give me a Call if you can.
Regards
Muzzammil
Old 28th March 2010, 17:19   #2965
BHPian

i was in AMD yesterday, and right next to Le Meridien was this car repair shop (about 500m down) which had a Ponton being fixed up. I wanted to stop and check but that would've meant delaying a flight, which didn't make sense. BTW when i went for a run in the morning, a guy told me the car belongs to some "Ruby" guy in Ahmedabad and was up for sale.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:38   #2966
Distinguished - BHPian

I was in Madras over the weekend and happened to visit the local scrapyard at Pudhupet yesterday, alongwith jai3033.

'came across this 1100 Delight taxi that seems to be in the process of being broken!
Incidentally, from the no. I remember having seen this very same car at the taxistand outside Central Station exactly a year ago once. Unfortunately was on my way to catch another train to Madurai that day, so didnt have enough time to stop and take a pic. This time I kept an eye out for it and was disappointed to find the taxi missing at Central and thought it was out on duty. Only to find it here....!
This would be the last known 1100 taxi in Madras I guess!

It appears to be a late 60s Delight, most likely a '67 one, like what I had for a while. Quite a number of original parts that can be salvaged from this car!
A pity about the side-trim pattis though!

Unfortunately, yesterday being a sunday, nearly all the shops were closed so could not meet the shopkeeper who brought this car else I would've plucked them all off for our fiatful friends!

But jai did assure me he would follow-up on this car so you could please pm him or pm me for his no. and take his help in this regard. You may need to act FAST though!

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-deltaxi2.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-deltaxi3.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_5477.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-deltaxi.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-deltaxi1.jpg

Another thing I've noticed is that in Madras there didnt seem to be any difference between the private and taxi regns. for cars. I've seen private cars with the MDT regn. Plus I've also seen private as well as an Amby taxi with MSQ regns. I'm open to correction here though.

Last edited by Stanher : 29th March 2010 at 19:56.
Old 29th March 2010, 21:24   #2967
Senior - BHPian

Shyam, nice cab ! The sunshade looks cool. I wouldn't mind having it if available..
Old 29th March 2010, 21:40   #2968
Senior - BHPian

Shyam bhai a good find indeed. BTW is there a possibility that i can have some parts from it??
Old 29th March 2010, 21:45   #2969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Shyam, nice cab ! The sunshade looks cool. I wouldn't mind having it if available..
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Shyam bhai a good find indeed. BTW is there a possibility that i can have some parts from it??
Please pm jai3033 for parts off this car. Or if you need his no., please pm me only for it.
Old 29th March 2010, 22:34   #2970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Why two sunshades for Blue and White?

Oh.. Is it for the rear windshield?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks