Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 17:52   #2911
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Karl, For you. I love that Lando
I am really Interested in FIAT , she Looks Net and Clean .. Any Ideas gents if she is out for Sale and what's the asking price . Although I live in delhi, I don,t Mind getting her transported , provided the Price is to my linking .

karl guru - Help help help
Old 8th March 2010, 18:09   #2912

Nope. It is not for sale. It belongs to an Old uncle. Got a few admiring stares from an uncle in the building when I pulled up and parked 3112 exactly opposite to where she was parked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
If you look very close you may see "Made in India" on the glass.

Cheers harit
How the hell Did you manage that!!! My GOD you have a Brilliant set of eyes!

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 8th March 2010 at 18:11.
Old 8th March 2010, 21:10   #2913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
woooohoooo....went to karol bagh today and on ajmal khan road saw this very complete standard herald standing outside a preindependance house. even the herald badge on the c pillar, the tail lights and the ub caps were on it. but as is the case with unlucky me....if the owner were selling it would have been sold by now, still ill go with my dad next sunday to talk to the ppl living there, since no one takes youngsters seriously
will post pictures soon. as soon as i get them from my friends mobile( i frgot my cell fones mem stick in my camera -at home)
I'm really eager to see pics. of the car whether it's for sale or otherwise!!

Its not a white one by any chance, is it?

The fiat elegant and the Dodge(?) in Karl's pic. are a real sad sight!

'wonder what's the story behind them.
Old 8th March 2010, 22:39   #2914
BHPian

haha.. stanher i was expecting you to want to see the car. Here are the pics. not too many...srry. Really hope i get it , though i doubt my luck.
also today i saw another car of the size of a herald, two doors but a strange shape that i fell in love with. the tail was like that of a fin tail with the top edge of the boot jutting out while the lower edge was tucked in. The most amazing thing was that the roof was the same, the top part jutting out. it had a 1200 badge on it. will post pics soon but any guesses which car i am talking about? i myself couldnt identify it. ohh and this car runs. it just isnt in a good shape
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-imag0527.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-imag0528.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-imag0530.jpg  

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 8th March 2010 at 22:41.
Old 8th March 2010, 23:53   #2915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
haha.. stanher i was expecting you to want to see the car. Here are the pics. not too many...srry. Really hope i get it , though i doubt my luck.
also today i saw another car of the size of a herald,
The most amazing thing was that the roof was the same, the top part jutting out. it had a 1200 badge on it. will post pics soon but any guesses which car i am talking about? i myself couldnt identify it. ohh and this car runs. it just isnt in a good shape
Thanks!

Man, I really feel sorry for this car! Poor baby, I do hope you get it! It's still very much restorable! Few things are missing on it. 'wonder what was the funda behind dumping this car out of the shed and keeping the latter shut? 'doesnt look like there is another car inside, considering this car's right in the way! Unless that too happens to be some non-running treasure!

If, as per your description, the other car you saw was the same as this one, it must've been an imported 'TRIUMPH' herald 1200cc. Did it have Triumph letters anywhere? And which car do you mention as running? This herald or the 1200??
Old 9th March 2010, 00:01   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Thanks!

Man, I really feel sorry for this car! Poor baby, I do hope you get it! It's still very much restorable! Few things are missing on it. 'wonder what was the funda behind dumping this car out of the shed and keeping the latter shut? 'doesnt look like there is another car inside, considering this car's right in the way! Unless that too happens to be some non-running treasure!

If, as per your description, the other car you saw was the same as this one, it must've been an imported 'TRIUMPH' herald 1200cc. Did it have Triumph letters anywhere? And which car do you mention as running? This herald or the 1200??
no no the other car wasnt like this one ...it was pretty much the same size...with 2 door. the only badge i found on it was 1200. the 1200 car was the one i have seen running. the herald as agspins says seems to have been standing here a long time(flat tyres et all)
ill tak pics of the 1200 car too, then probably it can be identified, cuz that car seems familiar
Old 9th March 2010, 00:16   #2917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no no the other car wasnt like this one ...it was pretty much the same size...with 2 door. the only badge i found on it was 1200. the 1200 car was the one i have seen running. the herald as agspins says seems to have been standing here a long time(flat tyres et all)
ill tak pics of the 1200 car too, then probably it can be identified, cuz that car seems familiar
OK...was this car by any chance a station-wagon/van shape and turqupose green in colour?
Old 9th March 2010, 00:35   #2918
BHPian

Quote:
OK...was this car by any chance a station-wagon/van shape and turqupose green in colour?
nope...it had a distinct boot. i dont remember exactly what it looked like or i would have made a better sketch , but the attached photo might help
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dscn0276.jpg  

Old 9th March 2010, 00:51   #2919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
nope...it had a distinct boot. i dont remember exactly what it looked like or i would have made a better sketch , but the attached photo might help
Ahaaa......'think I got you now, sir. Here it is, hope I'm right this time:

ford anglia 1200 - Google Search

Google rocks!

OK, enough of me going I guess, sorry guys!
Old 9th March 2010, 00:58   #2920
BHPian

haha...yah this is the car.good job man, very impressive. thanx for identifying it for me. but will get the pics and post them anyway
Old 9th March 2010, 01:00   #2921
BHPian

Quote:
i saw another car of the size of a herald, two doors but a strange shape that i fell in love with. the tail was like that of a fin tail with the top edge of the boot jutting out while the lower edge was tucked in. The most amazing thing was that the roof was the same, the top part jutting out.
Quote:
mycarhasablower, Kudos! well done, my friend. I've been catching your posts 'on the fly' on my phone since this afternoon. Your very first, and apt, description rang a bell on what car you were talking about, but I refrained on posting my reply since we have a whole lot of experts here that know so much, and I'm so in awe of their knowledge. Anyway, I'm completely bowled over by your sketches now, so my heart is winning over my head here, and I'll throw caution to the winds and go ahead with this post, just to tell you that I think the car you saw is most probably a 1959-on Ford Anglia.

Btw, that Standard Herald in KB - most of Delhi's madcap collectors/dealers is after it - since time immemorial. So step on it buddy!

Edit: Aah, Shyam, has it there!
Old 9th March 2010, 01:47   #2922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
also today i saw another car of the size of a herald, two doors but a strange shape that i fell in love with. the tail was like that of a fin tail with the top edge of the boot jutting out while the lower edge was tucked in. The most amazing thing was that the roof was the same, the top part jutting out. it had a 1200 badge on it. will post pics soon but any guesses which car i am talking about? i myself couldnt identify it. ohh and this car runs. it just isnt in a good shape

Shyam here is your object of desire, I assume the car must have been running till she was parked here, seems to be very intact but got brunts of the climate because of negligence, pretty good car, hope its for sale (impatient and greedy) for my fellow Standard lover aka Stanher. It should land up to you provided the owner has no centiments attached to it to keep it like that to have a stage where it starts getting disintigrated. Good luck to you my friend and the car.

Last edited by chanu : 9th March 2010 at 01:49.
Old 9th March 2010, 01:49   #2923
Senior - BHPian

Great sketch there buddy. The angle of the rear windscreen and C pillar and the tail lights just scream Anglia.

Ever try to get a job with the Govt. for making criminal sketches
Old 9th March 2010, 01:54   #2924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Shyam here is your object of desire,
pretty good car, hope its for sale (impatient and greedy) for my fellow Standard lover aka Stanher. It should land up to you provided the owner has no centiments attached to it to keep it like that to have a stage where it starts getting disintigrated. Good luck to you my friend and the car.
Well, much as I hate to admit, I suppose not! 'not in a position to handle more projects at this point! :(

But I'm sure our Delhi friend would prove to be an equally good owner for the car, let's wish him luck! He has my support all the way!
Old 9th March 2010, 22:33   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
I think the most economical way for me would be talc and airtight black garbage bags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Talc is a naturally occurring mineral. Talc is typically powdered, perfumed and sold as talcum powder.(Imagine you're really dusting your face with powdered stone!). Of course, haven't we all seen, inner tubes of tubed tyres which are well dusted with Talc. It lubricates them for fitment and preserves the rubber. Ram
Quote:
You mean that white powder they sprinkle on the insides of tyres before fitting the tubes in?
My two cents, for whatever that's worth. Number one, while talcum powder is talc, it is not talc in it's original form, but is scented (as Ram has pointed out) and therefore much more expensive. Similarly, when talc is ground further you get something called French Chalk, which is talc too, but like talcum powder it isn't talc in it's original form. What is dusted on the tyres, tubes and other rubber parts is actually French Chalk. Calling it talc is not entirely incorrect, but is a loose term. Talc is used on carrom boards. Keeping rubber parts away from sunlight and air also help in the preservation, as others have pointed out.

French Chalk is found in most hardware stores, especially those stocking paints, puttys, etc. and it's inexpensive. It is mixed in the putty for making the 'ground' before painting automobiles - makes the putty easier to cut after hardening, and is often the bane of a quality paint job when incorrectly done. So please buy FT to dust your rubbers (!) with and not talcum powder!! Unless you want to not only preserve them. but keep them scented too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Sorry guys but I think this thread is going off topic and getting diverted though its an informative subject, pictures have stopped coming in. We can have a different threat for maintenance of rubber parts and aids to help it.
Sorry chanu, if I've aggravated your concern. But I just wanted to put in my two bits since I just saw these old posts and felt like sharing my thoughts here. If a thread exists on the topic, these may all be moved there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks