Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 21:49   #2866
Senior - BHPian

Dadar Hindu Colony, Mumbai..
A Select and a Vespa (??) reminisce about the rocking times they've seen, back in the swinging sixties. Both look forlorn now.
Think they're speaking in Italian ??
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-aaa.jpg  

Old 26th February 2010, 22:41   #2867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Dadar Hindu Colony, Mumbai..
A Select and a Vespa (??) reminisce about the rocking times they've seen, back in the swinging sixties. Both look forlorn now.
Think they're speaking in Italian ??
Please enquire if the Vespa is for sale, I would love to pick it up.
Old 27th February 2010, 02:59   #2868
Senior - BHPian

...and see if theres another Vespa/Lambretta parked next to it......i have a colour in mind..red and white with white walls....I just got weak in the knees!!
Old 27th February 2010, 12:26   #2869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Lying around near Kala Ghoda. Felt bad seeing it this way.

Attachment 293714

Attachment 293715
Eeek!! How criminal and cruel, Errr! it's a BMW man! its at kala ghoda or its sazaye kala paani to the poor thing!

My heart is sinking with sorrow, to hell with the owners consent just pick it up and start driving it guys.
Old 27th February 2010, 15:17   #2870
Senior - BHPian

This Fiat 1300 familiare is one of 4 classics that have been sadly rotting away in neglect and vandalism for quite some time at a disused petrol bunk in the city. There is also a maroon pre '65 beetle that was posted earlier. The property is unfortunately said to be under some kind of dispute hence these cars lie entombed there!
I remember seeing a frontal pic. of it posted here ealier, and made out that it had no engine, nor the headlights/front grille.
2 of the other cars are said to be Adlers. 'couldnt take any more pics. though as there was heavy police presence around that area the other day.

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_5205.jpg
Old 28th February 2010, 10:49   #2871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
This Fiat 1300 familiare is one of 4 classics that have been sadly rotting away in neglect and vandalism for quite some time at a disused petrol bunk in the city. There is also a maroon pre '65 beetle that was posted earlier. The property is unfortunately said to be under some kind of dispute hence these cars lie entombed there!
I remember seeing a frontal pic. of it posted here ealier, and made out that it had no engine, nor the headlights/front grille.
2 of the other cars are said to be Adlers. 'couldnt take any more pics. though as there was heavy police presence around that area the other day.

Attachment 296257
Shyam ....do tyr to get pics of the other two cars you mentioned. I am not sure they might be Adler and there never were so many of them in Hyderabad to start with.

That Fiat AAX looks very familiar....I am sure I know who it used to belong to ..it was light blue at one time if I am not mistaken.
Old 28th February 2010, 13:56   #2872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
That Fiat AAX looks very familiar....I am sure I know who it used to belong to ..it was light blue at one time if I am not mistaken.
Yes Wasif, it was light blue.....as can be seen on most of the rear door (sorry couldn't resist that no offense meant bud!)
Seems the originality was lost much before it came to be parked here, judging by the rear Ambi tail lamps plonked in place of the original.
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:05   #2873
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Two points:
1) The tail light on the Fiat Familiare could well be original.

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-fiat13001500familiare.jpg

I feel it is only missing the rectangular reflector in the centre.

2) How does Stanher know it is a 1300-Familiare and not a 1500-Familiare?
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:25   #2874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Two points:

2) How does Stanher know it is a 1300-Familiare and not a 1500-Familiare?
Ram, the tail-light that is showing is definitely an Amby one! Note how the straight sides arent paralel to each other, unlike in the original lights.

And I reckoned it is a 1300 because of the front end design (someone had posted the pic. of the front before- the lights, grille and even engine are missing, the car was also then partially covered with the cheapo blue tarp)

On googling, I found the front end (grille and sidelights openings) showed chances of 1300 grille etc. to be fitted rather than 1500.

Last edited by Stanher : 2nd March 2010 at 19:26.
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:36   #2875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Two points:

No Ram, they appear not to be original due to the size. The original are larger and fill the place completely and the lamps are more or less flush with the assembly, further, on close inspection is a clever adaptation and the Ambi light would well go as original. He could put a reflector from the Padmini tail lamps and puzzle more of us.

Last edited by V-16 : 2nd March 2010 at 19:38.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:38   #2876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
drmessaih's pics remind me of a place close to Hubli, similiar sights there too. There were quite a few splits and bays there. And they too came from UN and some other global organisation. Anyone know why they cant be sold?. I think 67bug knows a bit about them too - the Hubli one's.
I sure know a thing or two. It seems the Dean of the Hubli Hospital was a German who spend many years there. When he came to Hubli he also got his Split Van along with him. The current dean has no clue what happened to the bus. But what I managed was truck loads of Original German parts - THANKS TO SPITFIRE - which I did pick up after honestly donating a good sum to the hospital. The parts I picked up are all original German ones which came along with the Split Van and somehow was missed when the Van must have been disposed/scraped. Contacted the dean and closed the deal and got the parts (weighing about 22-25kgs) transported to Bombay.
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:03   #2877
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
I sure know a thing or two. It seems the Dean of the Hubli Hospital was a German who spend many years there. When he came to Hubli he also got his Split Van along with him. The current dean has no clue what happened to the bus. But what I managed was truck loads of Original German parts - THANKS TO SPITFIRE - which I did pick up after honestly donating a good sum to the hospital. The parts I picked up are all original German ones which came along with the Split Van and somehow was missed when the Van must have been disposed/scraped. Contacted the dean and closed the deal and got the parts (weighing about 22-25kgs) transported to Bombay.
That contact was given to Spitfire by me Good to know, somehow those parts were got off from that hospital store.

If i'am not wrong, its Dr Manisha Godbole and Mr Ramanath who were caretakers for those spares.

Many were not apt for a Baywindow.
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:25   #2878
Senior - BHPian

FOUND at last!

Quote:
This Fiat 1300 familiare is one of 4 classics that have been sadly rotting away in neglect and vandalism for quite some time at a disused petrol bunk in the city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Here are the other (older) pics. of the same car, taken and posted by another team bhpian from hyd. in this other thread a few years ago:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/637771-post1813.html

Thanks to Ram for digging up this post!

As can be seen, the front end bears identity to that of a 1300 hence my conclusion it is a 1300.

Pity about the missing grille, headlights, bumper and even bonnet () though- looks like the car was undergoing some major mechanical work. Atleast they all were covered back then.

Last edited by Stanher : 2nd March 2010 at 23:27.
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:45   #2879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the other (older) pics. of the same car, taken and posted by another team bhpian from hyd. in this other thread a few years ago:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/637771-post1813.html

Pity about the missing grille, headlights, bumper and even bonnet () though- looks like the car was undergoing some major mechanical work. Atleast they all were covered back then.
If the car looked like that in 2007, then today it would be a junk, even if you find the parts listed. I recon that restoration of this car will never be finacially worth the bother. Even as hobbywallas, some justification is required, if not to self then to ones family.

Cheers harit
Old 3rd March 2010, 00:10   #2880

Regarding the 7 series. There is also one at Shivaji park. And there is another W126 at colaba. Very close to the Radio Club. Both unused for ages.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks