Old 18th June 2009, 23:01   #2131
BHPian

i think its oldsmobile or vauxhall not sure
Old 19th June 2009, 00:29   #2132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
is this a ford prefect??
Definitely not a Ford Prefect. It seems to date from an earlier era- the 20s, the side fenders with the slot for the stepney tyre suggests its an American iron but open to correction.
Old 19th June 2009, 00:40   #2133
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest a mid thirties Vauxhall looking at the grill and tyre. If not Vauxhall, still a British car.
Definitely not a Prefect. Not an Oldsmobile.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:02   #2134
BHPian

. Fisher body.
Vauxhalls had flutes in the grill shell and that one laying in the car hasn't got them.
1934 Chev

I had another look at the grill and I'd definitley mid 1930's GM and most possibly OldsMobile.
This a 1934 Buick.

And Ta da !! 1934 Oldsmobile!.[:-)]

Last edited by Star man : 19th June 2009 at 11:08.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:47   #2135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star man View Post
And Ta da !! 1934 Oldsmobile!.[:-)]
What a lovely shot.

The radiator grille appears to be lying inside the car, and things do add up to make it a GM car. Were sidemounts offered in the Olds?
Old 19th June 2009, 13:31   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
This Vespa is from Sahakar Nagar (No.-2) area, Tulashibaugvale Colony.
The owner now lives in US, comes here after around 2-3 days !!!
If he is going to sell it, I am definitely going for it.
Sorry, the owner of this Vespa 150 comes here in India after 2-3 years !!
Sorry again.
Old 19th June 2009, 13:47   #2137
BHPian

Hi all,
One of my friend sent me these pics of Jawa Factory, Mysore after it has been closed. I don't know whether theses are posted somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-1-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-2-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-3-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-5-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-6-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-7-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-8-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-9-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-10-medium.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 19th June 2009, 13:51   #2138
BHPian

Here are the remaining some pics,
Please give some information about these all models.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-11-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-12-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-13-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-14-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-15-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-16-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-17-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-18-medium.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jf-19-medium.jpg  

Old 19th June 2009, 14:02   #2139
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday's news

Quote:
Hi all,
One of my friend sent me these pics of Jawa Factory, Mysore after it has been closed. I don't know whether theses are posted somewhere.
Quote:
Here are the remaining some pics,
Please give some information about these all models.
These are very old pics, dating back to 2002. Yet they keep coming up for discussion on every automotive forum sometime or the other.

Here's a discussion on those pics, posted in 2007. You'll find all your answers here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...tml#post584980
Old 21st June 2009, 11:02   #2140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
These are very old pics, dating back to 2002. Yet they keep coming up for discussion on every automotive forum sometime or the other.

Here's a discussion on those pics, posted in 2007. You'll find all your answers here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...tml#post584980
what are those mag rims doing there.None of the bikes offered by this company ever had those kind of wheels.Look very much like the silver Plus / Explorer wheels from enfield. i used to have a kawasaki RTZ on which I had swapped the wheels with those from a Fury with the disc brakes. Was able to go much faster than others and the heavier fury front end also improoved the ride comfort.
Old 21st June 2009, 20:05   #2141
BHPian

Wasif: I am not sure if they did release any of the bikes with those mags but they were surely going to offer the bikes with them. I have seen them on RKs and they do look lovely, and yes they are for the Yezdis.
Old 21st June 2009, 20:14   #2142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Wasif: I am not sure if they did release any of the bikes with those mags but they were surely going to offer the bikes with them. I have seen them on RKs and they do look lovely, and yes they are for the Yezdis.
True, the Yezdi factory went into liquidation all of a sudden, due to a death in the family. they may have been planning to introduce alloys then. Remember the Yezdi ads including a 175cc (was it?) in Indian Auto magazine back cover during the late 1980's? They were caught in a crossfire with the Japanese 100cc invasion in the mid 1980's.They lost their bearing. Much like Premier Automobiles with Maruti's entry. Whereas, the Bullet and the Ambassador have retained their individuality and have survived!
Old 22nd June 2009, 09:54   #2143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calrock View Post
this car has been lying here for the past 8 years.
A shot in the dark, could this be a cadillac? my guess is based purely on the bonnet vents. Compare with the Pictures below (borrowed from the net & modified).

Aditya

EDIT: Just saw post no.2134, apparently these type of vents were quite common
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-graphic1.jpg  

Last edited by TractionAvant : 22nd June 2009 at 09:59.
Old 22nd June 2009, 10:26   #2144
Senior - BHPian

Those kind of vents also featured on the early 30's Auburn too. Cadillac repeated the vent pattern on the trailing edges of the front mudguards so i would say this is not one of their cars.

Maybe Harit has the answer.
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:55   #2145
BHPian

I had a closer look at the 1934 Oldsmobile in post no.2134 & it is remarkably similar to the car in question.
The opening quarter glass, the raked radiator grill, the wheels... I think it is a match.

Aditya

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks