Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2008, 19:35   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Vinzrox any idea of who owns the beetle? i would be interested in the body shell. got a wicked idea of what to do with it.
Hey I know of this car! And I'd even posted these pics. (below) of it before!
It belongs to a friend who bought it as a parts car for restoring a similar beetle he has in the garage very close to this car- and I can assure that it hasnt been lying there for many years but infact less than a year!

Karl has already been after me for the existing rims from this car!

My friend told me to wait til he moves the car to his farm, for which he needs atleast the front wheels.

I can enquire about more parts that any others want from him- but I doubt if he'll let you have them soon enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_0281.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_0282.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_0853.jpg  

Old 14th August 2008, 21:37   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
It belongs to a friend who bought it as a parts car for restoring a similar beetle he has in the garage very close to this car- and I can assure that it hasnt been lying there for many years but infact less than a year!

My friend told me to wait til he moves the car to his farm, for which he needs atleast the front wheels.

I can enquire about more parts that any others want from him- but I doubt if he'll let you have them soon enough.

Stanher if you can pls inquire about the front left and right fenders pls for me ? Also I will need the leaf springs which come with the front suspension. Would be damn grateful to you. Alternatively if you can PM me his number I can directly call him too. Thanks a ton in advance.
Old 15th August 2008, 02:10   #1518
Senior - BHPian

HEY i see everyone is jumping for parts. i need only the intact body the rest i shall put in something else. but what the hell if 67Bug needs the fenders bad then if your friend agrees let him have it Stanher. got an idea of a hotrod but i can hold on for some more time. Let the originals be completed first.
Old 15th August 2008, 20:25   #1519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Hello Sir:
Yes I read in your posts about ur Velocette and seen the pictures too. No I have not seen the bike but he sent me the pictures which are there in this forum. This bike apparently belonged to his dad, who worked on the engine himself. The parts that are missing were supposedly sold by the people working in his house by mistake. He is quoting 30k for what you see in the pictures. Since you already have one, do you think the price is ok? I am looking out for a such bikes with handgears, but I cant afford to pay a bomb for it (which again is subjective).

pat-
This Velocette was spotted in a Rally here
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-velocette-bike.jpg
Old 16th August 2008, 21:52   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Saw this car meeting a sad end, in the Metro Motors lane near Opera House / Sukh Sagar. What car is this ? Probably a Vauxhall ?
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-phone-picture-083.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-phone-picture-084.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-phone-picture-086.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-phone-picture-085.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-phone-picture-088.jpg  

Old 16th August 2008, 21:56   #1521

I have seen this car. But that was before I was a member of TeamBHP then. Also, I doubt that this is a Vauxhall. It doesnt have the usual back end with the lights structure.
Old 16th August 2008, 22:43   #1522
BHPian

parts hungry

hi
well its interesting how many of us are after this car...i might need to jump in too... i am keen on the steering and the door qtr glass assy's...
is it same car with the coat of black paint or is black car being restored using the yellow one as a doner??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post

Old 16th August 2008, 22:44   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I have seen this car. But that was before I was a member of TeamBHP then. Also, I doubt that this is a Vauxhall. It doesnt have the usual back end with the lights structure.
Actually it very much is a Vauxhall Wyvern. Most likely a '50-51 (phase 1) model.

Btw, ravi- 'glad if you could get the wheels off for me.

And btw2: your mention of Metro Motors reminds me- they were standard dealers too at one time. First based at "Hughes road" in bombay from what I read in copies of herald sales brochures. Then later in Gazel brochures it was mentioned as Sadhuram patkar (?) marg.
Old 16th August 2008, 23:00   #1524
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=Stanher;941696]Actually it very much is a Vauxhall Wyvern. Most likely a '50-51 (phase 1) model.

Yes friends its indeed a Vauxhall Wyvern a very familiar car from the 1950's.
Name:  fs_vauxhall_wyvern_1950.jpg
Views: 13654
Size:  37.9 KB
A Wyvern looks like this when spic and span
Old 16th August 2008, 23:22   #1525
Senior - BHPian

@ Anjan: Wow, she looks so beautiful in all her glory. Thanks for the picture. I see the car very regularly, and now will be able to imagine her like this !!
@ Shyam: I did think she was the Wyvern. Notice the signature notches on both sides of the bonnet, to have chrome. these are carried forward to the later models too.
Yes, Metro Motors was a Standard dealer at one time, at "Nyayamurti Sitaram Patkar Marg". In fact, they had a lovely complete Vanguard and a Super Ten in their showroom till recently. These have now been moved to their workshop at Parel. (No Shyam, they won't sell ).
Btw seriously, why do you want the wheels ? The owner stays in the building adjacent. The other wreck he owns is a 1984 old shape Maruti 800 whose roof is so concave, you could swim in the water accumulated in it !!
Old 16th August 2008, 23:59   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
@ Anjan: Wow, she looks so beautiful in all her glory. Thanks for the picture. I see the car very regularly, and now will be able to imagine her like this !!
Or like this- this similar car was lying at a paint shop where I also got one of my fiats done last year. It had just been restored then but the owner left it lying there for ages- I thought it would end up in a similar way to this one! But luckily one fine day they cleaned up the car, even put a fresh coat of paint again and I no longer saw it around again. 'hope its in good hands now.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/517591-post40.html

Quote:
@ Shyam: Yes, Metro Motors was a Standard dealer at one time, at "Nyayamurti Sitaram Patkar Marg". In fact, they had a lovely complete Vanguard and a Super Ten in their showroom till recently. These have now been moved to their workshop at Parel. (No Shyam, they won't sell ).
Hehe! You sure read my mind well! Atleast they'd let you take pics.?

Good to know they still preserve their old cars like that!

Quote:
Btw seriously, why do you want the wheels ?
Uh, its not exactly for me, you can find out here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...tml#post907561

Quote:
The owner stays in the building adjacent. The other wreck he owns is a 1984 old shape Maruti 800 whose roof is so concave, you could swim in the water accumulated in it !!
Thats a pity! Incidentally this is another kind of car I'm looking for! 'recently missed a good "standard" example @ 25k! :sigh:
Old 17th August 2008, 00:08   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Sure I'll try to get pics.
Will these wheels fit for the later model Wyvern featured in that thread ?? In fact when I saw this car, it did strike me that all the brightwork, including handles, hinges, dicky hinges, quarter glasses, dash, and steering need to be taken off. One will never get them here again.
Old 17th August 2008, 00:12   #1528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Metro Motors was a Standard dealer at one time, at "Nyayamurti Sitaram Patkar Marg". In fact, they had a lovely complete Vanguard and a Super Ten in their showroom till recently.
Thats interesting. Pics please! What colour is the Super 10?
Old 17th August 2008, 00:17   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Thats interesting. Pics please! What colour is the Super 10?
Promise, I'll try to get pictures. I think the super 10 was green. Hope these guys let me click in their workshop..
Old 17th August 2008, 00:23   #1530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Promise, I'll try to get pictures. I think the super 10 was green. Hope these guys let me click in their workshop..
Ah. She is possibly BMC regd in that case. Now get cracking on those pics

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks