Team-BHP
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Maruti 1000 - 1993 model (Bought in 2004, Sold in 2005)

grkonweb’s Team-BHP Garage
Maruti 1000 - 1993 model (Bought in 2004, Sold in 2005)
My first own car was Maruti 1000 in metallic blue color. It was a 1993 model, 4th hand car picked up for about Rs 55k in 2004 and spruced it up for another Rs 15k and car was fit for my daily office commute.

I bought it from a local junior functionary of Congress party in Hyderabad and as such it came with a flag rod in the left fender with the party flag. Felt proud to see the flag flapping in the wind (it looks like tricolor) and kept it for a while to show off especially to avoid unnecessary police stopping me for checking.

Felt proud to have bought my own car when I just 24! Thanks to my thick spectacles due to congenital cataract problem, my Dad forbade me to ride two wheelers and strongly urged me to opt for 4 wheelers.

Being a car crazy kid, I was waiting for the day to own and drive my own car. I waited till I completed the 6 months probation period and getting confirmation in my first technical job before I bought it. I had sense of accomplishment although it was an old battered car.

The A/c was poor and with it on the engine struggled to pull in steep inclines. It has some issues in the engine that came up once in a while and got it fixed in a FNG at Lower Tank Bund Road at Hyderabad.

Soon after I bought, apart from some minor engine issues fixing, I got the seat covers changed, fixed a white dome light for the cabin lamp and Esteem Vxi logo above the tail lamp.

The car came with 3 types of air horn, cassette player and stylish hub caps.

Had my first brush with minor dents, scratches and really learnt to drive a car.

As I shifted to Bangalore for a better job in mid 2005, my Dad advised me to buy a better car to avoid re-registration/NOC issues at Bangalore. So the car was sold to our tenant next door who picked up for same purchase price of Rs 55k after 11 months.

Remember few trips in the car and taking my late mother around. Nice memories.

Pic courtesy: Senior BHPian the mole
I had the same color car
Maruti 1000.jpg

Click Thumbnail to Enlarge. Full Size Image Pages
Maruti 1000.jpg
Gallery Statistics
Member: grkonweb
Created: 10th March 2022 16:07
Last Modified: 10th March 2022 16:42
Views: 67
Comments: 0

Comments