• N/A
Exhaust:
  • N/A
Drivetrain:
  • N/A
Weight reduction & transfer:
  • N/A
Suspension, wheels & tires:
  • suspension stock ( what choice does one have for a diesel Lancer, anyway?). 14" alloys and MRF tubeless.
Interior:
  • very basic. a JVC VCD unit and an 8" JVC screen.
Exterior:
  • skirting, angel eyes with dual HID ( vision X ) and clear lens taillights.
the car has logged 1.57 lakh kms. engine is still almost like new. starts in half crank even after 10 days. touches 180 at 4300 rpm ( 700 short of redline). Yes, it is not typo. It is diesel and yet it DOES touch 180. the pick up, of course can be compared to a sea going barge. OK, not that bad but after you hit highway, you can put a brick on accelerator and go to sleep. but when you wake up, you will find the needle at 180 kph. i think it does it on the strength of its CCs, alone---2000. not like tricked-up modern diesel engines which squeeze out all the bhp they can by fitting tubocharger, common rail, intercooler, electronics and what not. It is a simple straight basic engine with good top speed but sluggish pick up compared to modern CRDis. i heard this engine lasts much longer compared to modern diesels though. it is upto experts to comment on that.
LN3.jpg

Click Thumbnail to Enlarge. Full Size Image Pages
LN2.jpg LN3.jpg LN4.jpg LN5.jpg LN6.jpg LN8.jpg
Gallery Statistics
Member: pgsagar
Created: 10th February 2010 23:25
Last Modified: 10th February 2010 23:46
Views: 3657
Comments: 8

Comments
Author Comment Date
prsnck @Sagar - Awesome car and with great mileage, fortunate to hear that good words about Lancer. Esp Diesel - To tell you frankly I'm almost on verge of getting one 2002 Diesel Lancer run 72k km. Do I anticipate any issues in running it for say next 5 years. Want some brain dump from you if you feel free. 21st April 2020
DDiSLover Wow! Dreamy lancer!!!
Whats the current odo reading bro?
21st July 2015
pgsagar Now it has crossed 2L Kms and still running like new. Mitsubishi is a dark horse which never got its due share of accolades in India. It can put best of makes to shame when it comes to reliability. 2nd September 2012
sumeethaldankar At 1.57 lakh kms it has already out did other diesel's ...cool car :-) 31st August 2012
Jayabusa Nice wheels. 19th September 2010
pgsagar Oh, sexy and scary too. When parked at night in an unlit street. 15th February 2010
pgsagar And not the rest of the car? Thanx anyway, Prateekm. 15th February 2010
prateekm Headlights look sexy :) Drool. Drool. DROOL!!! 14th February 2010