Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 23:43   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Beautiful wheels my friend. Very lethal indeed. Congrats, and I love the tyres too.
Thanks man...I know... Even I had same impression when I first saw them... They look totally wicked..!
One thing though, they do seem to attract a lot of dust, mud and grime, especially in the rains..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
This is probably the weirdest design I have ever seen with the weirdest colour. You will have your alloys looking different on either side of the car? Man you got guts to fit such a thing on your car. A more sober/toned down design would have looked much better. For example like black multispoke rims with a red outer lining.

But hey, this is just my personal opinion so as long as you are happy with it it doesnt matter.
Thanks... I do get some head turns, especially in slow traffic.. One things for sure, they do look wicked but, also, they get dirty too often with grime and slush, especially in the rains.. Any wax or cleaning suggestions???

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Crazy design man, never seen anything like those wheels. Get rid of the ugly mud flaps and do justice to the good looking rims.
Thanks.. any suggestions on the mud flaps? i mean.. colourwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv0 View Post
Hello Sameer,
Congrats on your new wheels. Looks cool with your red car.

I am looking to replace my tires (run for 40K km) with Michellin XM1. But iam confused between stock size 155/70 vs 165/65.

I feel the suspension on my santro is on harder side, so taking 165/65 seems like asking for more bumpier ride.
Pls share your experience with regards to drive (on average to poor roads).

Thanks
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,
Thanks for the compliments.
Whats your current set up?if its stock, it must me bridgestone 155/70
Michelin XM1 is a good tyre, even i have upgraded from 155/70 to 165/65 and to be honest, I havent seen a stellar difference in the performance, its only once you go past 75kmph, you see the difference, in city traffic you will hardly feel in difference, but yes if you are planning to change, i suggest Michelin is the better of the brands.
I will post the experience in detail soon.
Let me know if you anything else,PM me maybe we can chat on the phone if needed.

Cheers..!

Last edited by GTO : 25th August 2010 at 09:42. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 24th August 2010, 00:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

The alloy design is superb. Honestly, it is not gelling well with the car. If it were a white car, probably it would have looked even better. Hey but if you are happy, that is what matters.
Old 24th August 2010, 12:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameern.85 View Post
Thanks... I do get some head turns, especially in slow traffic.. One things for sure, they do look wicked but, also, they get dirty too often with grime and slush, especially in the rains.. Any wax or cleaning suggestions???
Well, you do get alloy wheel polishes or waxes that make the wheels anti static or something like that which helps brake dust and regular dust to be wiped and cleaned off easily. However, ther is no remedy for grime and slush in the rains and the only option is to get them cleanned properly everytime you have your car washed. Wheels can be cleaned with a mild deregent.
Old 24th August 2010, 14:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Whats your current set up?if its stock, it must me bridgestone 155/70
My santro xp runs on stone-age MRF... talk about bad tires!!!
I have had to deal with close to 12 punctures, most of them resulting in tube changes, and one nasty tire-burst (side wall cracked all the way).

Quote:
...its only once you go past 75kmph, you see the difference, in city traffic you will hardly feel in difference...
I will post the experience in detail soon.
Thanks for the heads-up...
I have already finalized on Michellin. Size is the only thing iam checking now.
I am planning to get the tires changed today, since I have to drive out of station this weekend.

ciao
Rajiv
Old 30th August 2010, 13:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv0 View Post
My santro xp runs on stone-age MRF... talk about bad tires!!!
I have had to deal with close to 12 punctures, most of them resulting in tube changes, and one nasty tire-burst (side wall cracked all the way).

Thanks for the heads-up...
I have already finalized on Michellin. Size is the only thing iam checking now.
I am planning to get the tires changed today, since I have to drive out of station this weekend.

ciao
Rajiv
Hi.. Good decision...!

Also, are you planning to upgrade alloy wheels???

Do let me know about your experience...!

Cheers..!
Old 30th August 2010, 14:15   #21
BHPian

I did the upgrade last week... gave few details here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/6876-upgrading-wheels-tyres-santro-40.html#post2044403

I didnt upgrade to alloys because i may sell the car an year or two later.

Made a quick trip from blore to tirupati over the weekend and I definitely feel improvement in the comfort level and reduction in tire noise.

Ciao
Old 2nd September 2010, 16:26   #22
BHPian

Hi All..
I also want to upgrade my brakes and install red calipers, my car has done 23k kilometers.
Please suggest if I can use the same calipers and paint them red or install new calipers all together.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks