Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:43   #1

New Alloy wheel for Honda City VMT

Hi,
I bought a new Honda City VMT three months ago. Within a month of purchase, the car met with a minor accident. While parking the car, the drainage lid in my basement parking broke and the front left wheel got stuck inside. Eventually Honda road side assistance came to my rescue. However, the front left alloy rim has acratches all over it.

Now I plan to get the alloy wheel replaced. Enquired with a few Honda service workshops in Mumbai. The price quoted is either 5-6K or 10-11k. I do not know the difference between the two types. I would like to get the same 5 spoke alloy wheel which comes as part of standard quipment with new ANHC VMT.

Please let me know which brand of alloy wheels comes as part of the new City VMT. And what is the approximate price of the same in the market ?

Thanks
carnomad
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:30   #2
BHPian

Hi Carnomad,

I bought 5 Spoke alloy couple of months ago on my ANHC S-MT from Honda dealer it costed me 5k/alloy as I did some bargain.

Otherwise it was 5.4k/wheel.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:38   #3

brand?

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 25th June 2010 at 11:19.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:37   #4
BHPian

Hi Carnomad it's Honda brand only, I bought the same wheels which comes default with V variant and it was from the Honda dealer itself.

Last edited by GTO : 25th June 2010 at 11:20. Reason: Removing quoted post that has been deleted
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:53   #5
BHPian

Carnomad - Can you post some pics of the damged wheel ? Have you tried exploring the option of getting the wheel repainted ? You can use the spare wheel temporarily !
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:55   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Carnomad - Can you post some pics of the damged wheel ? Have you tried exploring the option of getting the wheel repainted ? You can use the spare wheel temporarily !
Spare in ANHC is not an alloy even in the higher variant.
Old 4th June 2010, 11:12   #7

yup...spare in ANHC is not an alloy.
I enquired with various workshops regarding repainting the alloy. Apparently alloys are not repainted and even if they are, the paint does not sustain over a period of time.
Old 24th June 2010, 14:29   #8
mkh
Senior - BHPian

A question to experts:
When you go for an alloy wheel, how much price does one expect for the stock rims? I am planning to add alloys to a new car
Old 24th June 2010, 14:33   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
A question to experts:
When you go for an alloy wheel, how much price does one expect for the stock rims? I am planning to add alloys to a new car
Not much, it would be pretty less. In my case I got alloys from Dealer, they didn't nor were ready to take the rims. Prior I checked in some after market shop and they said they can reduce 1.5k (not /rim it's for all 5).

So I still have the rims with me, I would suggest to keep them and would be used in case of emergency or as a backup.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 24th June 2010 at 14:33. Reason: typo
Old 7th July 2010, 12:57   #10
BHPian

I choose these Genuine Honda Alloys for my VMT.
It costed me 13K (for all 4) in return of Original 5 spoke stock alloy wheels right at the time of delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
New Alloy wheel for Honda City VMT-img_8615.jpg  

Old 6th January 2011, 20:22   #11
BHPian

Re: New Alloy wheel for Honda City VMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
It costed me 13K (for all 4) in return of Original 5 spoke stock alloy wheels right at the time of delivery.
Hey Remington. How did you manage that? Arya Honda in Bombay is quoting 13000 per rim. ie: Rs. 48000 total!
Old 7th January 2011, 15:47   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500modder View Post
Hey Remington. How did you manage that? Arya Honda in Bombay is quoting 13000 per rim. ie: Rs. 48000 total!
Something on the pricings at dealerships......
One of my friends friend took a new city recently and wanted to have the honda alloys... the quote given was 22k for a set of 4 incl fixing. Being a Honda owner for 6yrs, I had some good relationship with the managers at the dealership and my friend asked me if I cud try for any discounts.

I reluctantly called the manager asking what was possible and without another thought he offerd the same alloys for 11k provided the owner fixes the reverse sensors also. Which he did, since he was anyway planning to do.

End of the day, I became a star.... ..since the best discount the owner cud negotiate on the alloys was 1000rs.

so thats how things work and cost. 22k alloys goes for 11k means they still make a decent profit.
Old 26th December 2011, 11:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hi RemingtonSteele. I am planning to get these alloys in Jan for my Dec-2011 SMT. How much do you think I can get in exchange for my oem steel rims? I know it will be close to nothing but would still like to know.

Also, these alloys were out of stock at Crystal Honda when I was taking delivery of my car. Will it be possible for me to get the same elsewhere in Pune? I am yet to ask the folks at Deccan Honda for the same.

What is the actual cost of these rims without exchange?

Thanks,
Praful.
Old 13th January 2012, 12:25   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prafulasher View Post
Hi RemingtonSteele. I am planning to get these alloys in Jan for my Dec-2011 SMT. How much do you think I can get in exchange for my oem steel rims? I know it will be close to nothing but would still like to know.

Also, these alloys were out of stock at Crystal Honda when I was taking delivery of my car. Will it be possible for me to get the same elsewhere in Pune? I am yet to ask the folks at Deccan Honda for the same.

What is the actual cost of these rims without exchange?
They will probably give you something 1K for the steel wheels.
You can try to strike a better deal from the dealer where you are purchasing. Negotiate as a part of your purchase deal.

Last time I had enquired it was costing 30-31K for 4 without exchange, Deccan Honda (Pimpri) had better pricing than Crystal Honda.

Sorry for the late reply -I really hope you haven't completed the car purchase yet and this post helps you.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 13th January 2012 at 12:29.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 12:47   #15
BHPian

Quote:
They will probably give you something 1K for the steel wheels.
You can try to strike a better deal from the dealer where you are purchasing. Negotiate as a part of your purchase deal.

Last time I had enquired it was costing 30-31K for 4 without exchange, Deccan Honda (Pimpri) had better pricing than Crystal Honda.

Sorry for the late reply -I really hope you haven't completed the car purchase yet and this post helps you.
Hey.. No issues at all. I actually got my car in December from Crystal Honda!
30k for 4 without exchange seems fair. I will try to get a quote from both Deccan and Crystal. Not sure if I can manage a similar deal now that I already have the car with me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks