Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 19:27   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@arin, any specific issues that you would like to point out?

It would be really helpful mate! Thanks.
Basically if you face any problem related to Wheel then they will directly say that Non_Ford wheel. And will void suspension... many component warranty. This is what service people told and I voided all the warranty...
Old 14th April 2010, 19:38   #32
BHPian

i think michelin xm1+ (195/60 R14) are decent tyres to go in for. I drove the figo and it takes a complete C turn at 80-85kmph on stock tyres. Expect 10-15kmph more with an increased section width.
Old 14th April 2010, 21:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

@ arin, I understand the reason behind the tire upsize which voids warranty. But, the alloys!? That's something I hearing the first time mate.

@ nick, that's true mate!
Old 15th April 2010, 01:14   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@ arin, I understand the reason behind the tire upsize which voids warranty. But, the alloys!? That's something I hearing the first time mate.

@ nick, that's true mate!

My car still runs on stock tyre. No upgradation only change is rim to Lenso wheel. You can see in my Gallary... I will update you more on this very soon... I believe as a prem hatch, many a people will go for Alloy soon after they purchase and land up with ... Lets hope for the best.
Old 15th April 2010, 12:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

Check this out arin.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1838564
Old 20th April 2010, 16:25   #36
BHPian

hey guys,
i did see a Figo in my college.It had some alloys in Hypersilver.It was a 16 incher and the tyres were Falken.The car looked simply amazing.I went and asked him about the ride quality.He was like "I dont find a difference".But for me it really worked as i never like the figo till date.But my opinions have changed.seriously
Old 20th April 2010, 17:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

@ Vignesh, get some pics of the Figo when you see it next time!

That would briefly give us an idea
Old 26th April 2010, 19:28   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy.tripathy View Post
As per my dealer the warranty gets void if I change the rim size not the tyre width, confusing
My dealer in chennai also has the same opinion. Changing tyres size will not voic warranty. I have also checked this with a friend who works in the tyres dept at Ford.
Old 26th April 2010, 21:12   #39
BHPian

got 195/55-15 Yokohama s drive for my figo,has made a huge difference to the looks and it does not foul with the wheel arch,im happy with the tyres.
Old 12th May 2010, 09:40   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakneck View Post
got 195/55-15 Yokohama s drive for my figo,has made a huge difference to the looks and it does not foul with the wheel arch,im happy with the tyres.
Please post pictures and share with us your experience, especially ride quality on bad roads.
Old 15th May 2010, 23:12   #41
BHPian

Shoes for FIGO: All FIGO tyre queries here !

Hello everyone, i intend to start this thread on the lines of the Punto`s thread started by furioussphinx

Guys, my friend is looking for an upgrade for Figo`s footwear against the default tyres. The dealer has promised him that he shall be provided with Goodyear GT3 tires as default tires from company with size of 175/65/14. (108PCD i believe)

although the default size of the rim/tyre is good, my friend believes that these default tyres of FIGO kind of depresses its looks and are too puny for the way the Figo is constructed and wishes to up-size it to the size of 15inch (if feasible without making the car wobble @ high speeds and loosing efficiency and performance).

also he wishes to change the stock steel rims to good alloys which shall be in the range of 15k to 20k max for the set of 4 or 5 (whatever you guys recommend).

this is his first car and has no idea about what should he go for, hence kindly help.

please recommend me and my friend the best set of tyres and alloys with regards to size/looks/performance that can be fitted on the FORD`s Figo to make the car look good as well as maintain its supremacy over control and efficiency.

your help in this matter is required soon, as the delivery of my friend`s Figo is scheduled for 1st week of june and most of the time he is extremely busy (super busy i should say.. leaves at 7am for work and comes back at 8-9pm) in his work.

as of now he has 3 tyre size in his mind:

195/50/15
205/50/15
195/55/15
205/55/15

or the best 14 incher one of you could suggest...

kindly note this is his first car and going for an upsize, hence try to give maximum possible information whilst recommending the size for the asked query.

hence:
help me in size of the tyres
help me in selection of the alloys
help me save some money for my friend
but also help me make him happy

hence please lend your useful comments towards this thread and make it a successful thread as the Punto`s is.

warm regards
Old 17th May 2010, 00:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Try either the 195/50 R15 or the 205/50 R15 if you're looking for closest matches. But make sure he's a careful driver with the slim profiles of the tyres.

You would need a set of 108 PDC 15" alloys with same. Brands etc depends on what's available at your local dealers and what your budget is.

As for tyres, Michelin PS3, Yokohama S.Drive etc are options along with an option of two from Continental which Nikhilb would be better equipped to give you details about.
Old 17th May 2010, 01:08   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Try either the 195/50 R15 or the 205/50 R15 if you're looking for closest matches. But make sure he's a careful driver with the slim profiles of the tyres.

You would need a set of 108 PDC 15" alloys with same. Brands etc depends on what's available at your local dealers and what your budget is.

As for tyres, Michelin PS3, Yokohama S.Drive etc are options along with an option of two from Continental which Nikhilb would be better equipped to give you details about.

thank you very much for ur prompt reply dear iraghava

actually to be frank, it`s going to be me who`ll be driving this car and i am little inexperienced at that i believe.

only driving experience that i have is from my driving school and from test driving various other cars (while zeroin for FIGO), also drove my fathers OHC for like 2 full days before he`d to leave for some work.

now, if i decide to remain with a 14inch rim size..
wat would be the best possible tyre size in this segment ?

can i go with the 195`s then ? or should i just stick with 185`s ? (my heart beats for those wide tyres lol)

if yes for any of the above, then which one specifically with respect to the width, diameter should be bought ?

eg: 195/60/14 or 185/60/14 or 195/65/14 ???

anyone got any idea about the best place to buy tyres @ mumbai/navi mumbai ?

also please inform me how much should i ask for my default tyres from the dealer ?
Old 17th May 2010, 14:31   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arihant.EXE View Post
anyone got any idea about the best place to buy tyres @ mumbai/navi mumbai ?
Check out Best Tyres in Vashi. It's located on the road where you have palm beach galleria.
Old 18th May 2010, 16:10   #45
BHPian

ok guys... after too much thinking, i`ve decided that i shall be going with the 14inch alloys.

now the question comes abt the size..

i mean which size should i opt for now ?

1: 195/65/14
2: 195/60/14
3: 185/65/14
4: 195/65/14

Most Viewed