Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2011, 16:19   #421
BHPian

Re: Yokohama A-Drive Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
185/65 R14 A drive is around 4500 and C drive is a couple of hundred bucks more.
Nikhil, has there been an increase in tyre prices recently?. When I last changed my tyres to Yoko C drive 195/60/R15 at your shop (Tyre professionals, Basavangudi) during September last year, I paid only Rs.4200 per tyre.
Old 30th July 2011, 00:33   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Nikhil, has there been an increase in tyre prices recently?. When I last changed my tyres to Yoko C drive 195/60/R15 at your shop (Tyre professionals, Basavangudi) during September last year, I paid only Rs.4200 per tyre.
I paid INR 4000 per 185/65R14 C.Drive, about 45 days ago in Hyderabad.
Old 30th July 2011, 12:50   #423
Senior - BHPian

For my Baleno 185/65/14 I am being quoted 3850 for A drive and 3900 for C drive.
Old 30th July 2011, 18:43   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
I paid INR 4000 per 185/65R14 C.Drive, about 45 days ago in Hyderabad.
Yoko Kochi dealer quoted 3950 for 185/70 R14. Nikhil might have mentioned the price for some other size
Old 31st July 2011, 13:45   #425
BHPian

Got new shoes for my Accent 3 weeks back. Had run 50K kms with my Michelin XM1s. Got Yoko A-drive this time, after hearing good things about the brand here. At 3600 a piece from Pal tyres, Mumbai.

Was told that C-drives not available for Accent

Also tried upsizing the tyre but was getting stuck while turning the wheel so decided against.

First impressions- the grip was amazing (though earlier ones had been run bald and no comparison there ) I like the looks too, though Michelins look cooler IMO.
One issue I am facing is the steering has become too hard, especially initially when I start off (before power steering kicks in I guess?)

That apart the tyres rock!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 15th August 2011 at 09:29. Reason: Extra smileys removed.
Old 31st July 2011, 14:02   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
One issue I am facing is the steering has become too hard, especially initially when I start off (before power steering kicks in I guess?)
Newer tyres will have more surface contact and friction / grip with the road compared to your old, harder tyres. A feeling of increase in steering hardness would happen when you change to new tyres in general, should not be brand related. You might now be experiencing better braking as well, on account of the same reasons

Congrats on the buy !

Last edited by mooza : 31st July 2011 at 14:04.
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 14:24   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
You might now be experiencing better braking as well, on account of the same reasons

Congrats on the buy !
Thanks Mooza! Your point seems valid, but I don't recall similar hardening of steering back when I had got New XM1s on same car. Might have to do with ageing of the car as well!

Braking was good before I had the car serviced. Thereafter its become bit spongy! Might be due to rains too! But the grip is sexy! loving it !!

Last edited by markiv : 31st July 2011 at 14:25.
Old 31st July 2011, 20:32   #428
BHPian

Ah.
After contemplating the Bridgestone Turanzas (OE on my Accord), the Michelin XM1+, and the Yoko A-drives, I picked up a set of 205/65R15 A-drives day before yesterday from Pal Tyres for Rs.5000 a piece (along with a new set of wheels!).

My verdict: I love them.

The tyre noise is greatly controlled, the ride is brilliant (soaking up every bump) and the grip is OK. I bought them for noise and ride quality, and VFM and they have totally met my expectations over the 200kms in the last two days.

Old 1st August 2011, 00:22   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne
Ah.
After contemplating the Bridgestone Turanzas (OE on my Accord), the Michelin XM1+, and the Yoko A-drives, I picked up a set of 205/65R15 A-drives day before yesterday from Pal Tyres for Rs.5000 a piece (along with a new set of wheels!).

The tyre noise is greatly controlled, the ride is brilliant (soaking up every bump) and the grip is OK. I bought them for noise and ride quality, and VFM and they have totally met my expectations over the 200kms in the last two days.

Good choice there Payne. I got a similar set for my octy last year - 205/60/R15
The A drives do the job quite well - good grip, nice steering feedback, and long lasting. Very good VFM.

But I have had this observation regarding the noise level. For the 1st 2000km there was absolutely no cabin noise of the tyres at highway speeds. But now the tire rumble is noticeable in the cabin. What's yr observation ?

Think Nikhil has an answer to this..

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 1st August 2011 at 00:23.
Old 9th August 2011, 00:19   #430
BHPian

finally the squealing pigs are dead!
The day finally came at 40K km my JK's on the swift zxi gave way and it was time for me to get some new shoes for my little red devil.

Popular choice around the forum has been michelin xm1+ but somehow I was kind of skewed towards yokos!

So went ahead and got me some A Drives - 185/70/r14s

oh man what a joy its been driving today! the tyre noise gone, the ride has become smoother and no squealing pigs while taking a turn!

I am cursing myself to have not done this earlier.

At Rs 3950/- a piece they seem to be worth the money!
Old 9th August 2011, 07:41   #431
BHPian

yokohama a drives are the way to go, just changed over to them at 46k from standatd jk on swift zxi. The jk were in real bad shape.

The ride has become extremely smooth with the tires being soft and absorbing the small irregularities. very good on highway as well.

paid 3900 per tyre in chennai lal 2 weeks back
Old 11th August 2011, 12:59   #432
BHPian

I've booked the Cruze LT and am expecting it on 21/8. I plan to change the tyres as soon as I leave the showroom. I am considering the Yokohama A or C drives. The stock tyres are 205/60R16. I don't want to upsize because of warranty issues. Also I don't drive much faster than 120 or 130 (very rarely).

I'm currently using the Michelin XM1s in my Getz CRDi and love them but are not available in the stock Cruze tyre size.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Old 12th August 2011, 09:21   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I've booked the Cruze LT and am expecting it on 21/8. I plan to change the tyres as soon as I leave the showroom. I am considering the Yokohama A or C drives. The stock tyres are 205/60R16. I don't want to upsize because of warranty issues. Also I don't drive much faster than 120 or 130 (very rarely).

I'm currently using the Michelin XM1s in my Getz CRDi and love them but are not available in the stock Cruze tyre size.

Please let me know your thoughts.

A drives are not enough for the raw power of cruze.I suggest you go for C drives or Michelin primacy LC
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 12:55   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne View Post
Ah.

Jo, at what km Odo you changed the tyres? I am looking to upsize my Cedia tyres too to 205/55 R15. Is there Yoko-S drive available in India and is it better than A drive for Cedia?
Old 12th August 2011, 16:03   #435
BHPian

Yes, the S-drives are available but the A-drives are brilliant for low noise and great ride quality. On my Cedia, I have the Michelin PP-2s which are wayyyy too soft for Indian roads and are very puncture-prone.

The A-drives are a lot of VFM as well.

Most Viewed