Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2011, 01:57   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yokohama A-Drive Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Does this mean C drive dont last long? What would be the average life of a C drive as compared to a A drive?
I have the the C.Drive in both the Baleno and the Innova. I have completed 28k in the Innova and looks like it will do another 20k or so. Maybe more but I normally change tires when there is about 10k kms worth of tread left. There is a BHPian (Sam03?) whose Innova has done nearly 45k on these already and yet another who had done 50k kms.

Baleno - no clue how long they will last as they have done only 1000 kms yet.

A.Drive - no clue about how long it will last. But defn loger than C.Drive.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 28th July 2011 at 01:58.
Old 28th July 2011, 09:56   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post

Baleno - no clue how long they will last as they have done only 1000 kms yet.
Whats your impression about C drives in Baleno? Am also planning for them. Spoke to kp and he felt that the C drives made hie steering very light and therefore, risky in speed runs. Are you facing the same issue. Am interested in C drives due to superior grip and performance. Whats your take?
Old 28th July 2011, 12:18   #408
Senior - BHPian

Between A & C drive which is quieter? And is better suiting for touring, some of which maybe over some bad road.

Size 185/65-R14
Old 28th July 2011, 13:07   #409
BHPian

Am on the verge of a tyre change from Bridgestone Turanzas on my Accord.

Is the A-Drive a better option or should I stick to the Turanzas again? 205/60 R15 is the size and am primarily looking for low noise and a mix of ride/handling.

Cheers!
Old 28th July 2011, 13:22   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Whats your impression about C drives in Baleno? Am also planning for them. Spoke to kp and he felt that the C drives made hie steering very light and therefore, risky in speed runs. Are you facing the same issue. Am interested in C drives due to superior grip and performance. Whats your take?
wanderernomad, I have Yoko C-drives 195/60 profile types in my Punto for the last 7K kms. I did not face any issues like steering getting lighter after I changed to these C-drives from GT3. Compared to GT3, the c-drives give smoother drive and are also quieter. I did not see any difference in mileage.
Old 28th July 2011, 13:24   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne View Post

Is the A-Drive a better option or should I stick to the Turanzas again? 205/60 R15 is the size and am primarily looking for low noise and a mix of ride/handling.

Cheers!
Yokohama has come out with a new series - the db Series, abbreviation of DeciBel i guess
This tyre apparently, cuts down significantly on tyre noise without sacrificing grip, longevity in any way. You can check whether they have this in 205 section or not. This dB series is full silicon compound and is imported currently. I saw this recently at a trade fair in Chennai where Yokohama had their company stall. Cannot tell you the price as the fair lady at the counter did not know (the Yoko sales rep had gone for lunch i presume at that moment!)

A-drives are good tyres. Been running them for the last 28,000kms on my Swift (185/70-14's). No problems at all. From the current tread depth it looks good to last for at least another 10,000 kms.
Old 28th July 2011, 13:28   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Between A & C drive which is quieter? And is better suiting for touring, some of which maybe over some bad road.

Size 185/65-R14
Tried both A & C drives in 185/65-14
A drives - 84000 kms and still running them..
C drives - 1000 kms

C drives
Pros :
1. Quieter
2. More grip in wet and while cornering.

Cons
1. Steering became extra light. (this is what happened to my car, many ppl haven't faced this issue)
2. Design is such that it looks thinner than A drives.

A drives
Pros :
1. Robust.
2. Straight line braking.
3. Good life. (My 1st set lasted 50k kms 2nd set is doing good @ 34 k kms)

Cons:
1. Noisy on concrete roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne View Post

Cheers!
Which turanza ? GR80 or ER 60 ?
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 13:45   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
This is exactly what I was looking for. Have been looking for new tyres for my Esteem Vxi for sometime now.
@Mashmash, which tyres did you finally pick up ? What were the improvements felt ? I need to replace my Esteem Vxi's tyres too, which are currently running on the stock JK Ultima tyres. Thanks in advance !
Old 28th July 2011, 13:55   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Tried both A & C drives in 185/65-14
A drives - 84000 kms and still running them..
C drives - 1000 kms
Brilliant thanks for the detailed review.

Considering that I'm upsizing from 175/65 to 185/65 what's your take on steering lightness.

My current set of tyres are OEM Bridgestone S322's and the steering is 'perfectly' balanced. I feel going for the 185 C Drives should not change the characteristics too much.
Old 28th July 2011, 15:12   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Someone posted on the previous page about the advans. I can tell you for sure advans will not land in india this year. Of course I hope I am proved wrong.

Praful, the a drives are really good. However I prefer the c drives. We are using the C drives on our NHC and it is better than the A drives. I dont think you will have the issues kpzen had with his Getz diesel.
Old 28th July 2011, 15:24   #416
Senior - BHPian

I hope this is the right thread to find the going prices for the 185/65-14 A Drive & C Drives?
Old 28th July 2011, 23:25   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
@Mashmash, which tyres did you finally pick up ? What were the improvements felt ? I need to replace my Esteem Vxi's tyres too, which are currently running on the stock JK Ultima tyres. Thanks in advance !
Hi Mooza,

I picked up Bridgestone ER60 175/70 R13. I was also on stock JKs. A world of difference in the handling. Its much sharper, a lot quieter and no sliding around.

MaSh
mashmash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 00:52   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will drive the Baleno again this weekend and let you know-of late havent got to drive it much / at high speeds. I did one high speed run after the tire change and they felt very smooth over the concrete section of the expressway and dont remember a light steering though the ride ded seem softer compared to the Michelins-but then the XM1s had become 4.5 year old and it is unfair to compare aged rubber to a fresh sample.

I haven't felt any lightness in the Innova though and the grip is very good.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 29th July 2011 at 00:54.
Old 29th July 2011, 11:04   #419
Senior - BHPian

I shall then wait for you to get the weekend drive and then buy them. But please do find the time for the same as my present tyres are almost going to disappear very soon.
Old 29th July 2011, 15:59   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

185/65 R14 A drive is around 4500 and C drive is a couple of hundred bucks more.

Most Viewed