Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 10:39   #496
BHPian

Re: Michelin Energy XM1+ & Bridgestone Turanza ER-60....The Best Allrounders?

Had a chat with the Regional incharge of Michelin, he told me that the store from where I bought the tyres is a concept store. And so he ruled out any possibility of dealer's misdeeds.
Old 20th February 2012, 12:10   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

You cant prove anything. All we talk about here are theories and probable scenarios. The dealer will always defend himself and say he was right.
Old 20th February 2012, 12:15   #498
BHPian

Hi Nikhil,

Is there any special offer going on if we buy 4 set of Michelin tyres?
Old 20th February 2012, 12:58   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishtk View Post
Can some one share the contact name and number of the Michelin regional or national head, want to check with them if they approve of such tactics of their dealers.
Tyre dealer is in business of selling tyres and he will give all kinds of hogwash to sell his stock ( moreso if its an old stock).

As a customer, its always best to do your own research and opt for tyres which you would prefer rather than just going blindly with dealer's suggestion

Btw, Michelin most of times have some sort of offers going on where you get some freebies ( keychains, calendars or a discount on their MRP) etc.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 14:19   #500
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys need your help, as current set of tyres on my accent (stock size) are showing their ages so i am planning to get new set of shoes for her.
I have narrowed down my choice to turanza, XM1+ and apollo acelere, my preference is ride and grip, considering tyre life i am okay with even 35k kms.
With which tyres i should go ahead ? and ya budget is around 3500 per tyre.
cheers
sameer
Old 25th February 2012, 19:21   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

If you are on a tight budget, Acelere or A drive will meet your requirements.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 10:58   #502
BHPian

I am looking at changing the stock JK tyres on my Swift Vxi with one of these options.

Michelin XM2, Bridgestone Turanza ER60, Yokohama A drives and Goodyear Duraplus all in 185/70/R14 size. The prices quoted by tyre dealers is

Michelin XM2: 4650/- per tyre
Bridgestone Turanza - 4550/- per tyre
Yokohama A drives - 4350/- per tyre
Goodyear Duraplus - 4300/- per tyre

These prices are inclusive of installation only here in Pune. Balancing and alignment to cost extra.

@Nikhil: Please suggest me the best buy out of all the three and if the prices seem to be correct post budget.
Old 9th April 2012, 08:12   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Michelin XM2, Bridgestone Turanza ER60, Yokohama A drives and Goodyear Duraplus all in 185/70/R14 size.
My suggestion would be to avoid the Duraplus. Unlike the other 3 (which are primarily economy/comfort tyres), the Duraplus is designed to be a longevity tyre which will run 1 lakh kms!! Hence the rubber will be much harder and not as comfortable as the other 3. Its a better buy for the taxi market, not for individuals.

Of the others, I have personal experience with the A-Drives (currently fitted on both my cars) and the Turanzas, and I find the A-drives are grippier and more comfortable tyres. No idea about the XM2s. Hope this helps.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 12:00   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking at changing the stock JK tyres on my Swift Vxi with one of these options.

Michelin XM2, Bridgestone Turanza ER60, Yokohama A drives and Goodyear Duraplus all in 185/70/R14 size. The prices quoted by tyre dealers is

These prices are inclusive of installation only here in Pune. Balancing and alignment to cost extra.

@Nikhil: Please suggest me the best buy out of all the three and if the prices seem to be correct post budget.
I changed to MRF Z.L.O 185/70/R14 tyres in my Swift last week. Yet to drive them on the highway. You could consider these tyres too in addition to the ones you have listed above. Check also Nikhil's review of these tyres. Check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...nce-tyres.html

Last edited by pjbiju : 9th April 2012 at 12:01.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 13:10   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I changed to MRF Z.L.O 185/70/R14 tyres in my Swift last week. Yet to drive them on the highway. You could consider these tyres too in addition to the ones you have listed above. Check also Nikhil's review of these tyres. Check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...nce-tyres.html
I believe you are in Pune. Can you share the price and store where you got the tyres from?
Old 9th April 2012, 13:55   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe you are in Pune. Can you share the price and store where you got the tyres from?
Yes. I stay in Pune. I paid Rs. 20000 for 5 tyres and Rs. 200 for weight used for wheel balancing. Wheel alignment was free. The old tyres did not fetch me anything. I think some dealers pay a small amount for the old tyres.

I bought the tyres from Deccan Tyres (MRF Dealer) on Bhau Patil Road. This is just a little ahead of Pune IT park when you go from Ambedkar chowk towards the Pune IT park. Let me know if you need any additional information.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 16:26   #507
BHPian

Quote:

MurtazaGhiya, I recently changed my 48K run JK tyres in my Swift to Yoko A drives. With the limited experience i have with the Yokos, I can say they are super silent and comfortable in broken roads. I would recommend this tyre.
I bought it in Chennai for Rs. 4300/tyre with free alignment and Swiss knife for buying 4 Yokos.

One of my friend has changed to Yoko and has run 50K kms since the change with half of the thread still on the tyres. So, i believe these are good for 65K kms.
mTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 16:38   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
MurtazaGhiya, I recently changed my 48K run JK tyres in my Swift to Yoko A drives. With the limited experience i have with the Yokos, I can say they are super silent and comfortable in broken roads. I would recommend this tyre.
I bought it in Chennai for Rs. 4300/tyre with free alignment and Swiss knife for buying 4 Yokos.

One of my friend has changed to Yoko and has run 50K kms since the change with half of the thread still on the tyres. So, i believe these are good for 65K kms.
Great! I am also getting the Swiss Army Knife if I purchase 4 tyres I believe you got 185/70/R14 for your Swift? The Michelin XM2 looks wider than all the others in the same size. Can you post a pic of your car's tyres here or pm me, just want to have a look how wide they appear.
Old 16th April 2012, 11:42   #509
BHPian

After all the dilemma that lasted for over a month, I got my Swift upsized to Yokohama 185/70/R14's A Drives. The tyres feel great and a little weird at the moment. Will probably get used to them as I drive more. Initial impressions are good as the vibes in the car due to bad roads have reduced. The noise is also gone and the tyres make the car feel planted.
Old 23rd April 2012, 00:31   #510
BHPian

I have been using the BS Turanza ER 60 on my M 800, for an year and half now. The new shoes have run about 12, 000 km. It is a fantastic tyre. No noise at all. The way it travels over large pools of water is so reassuring and a source of strength, that you being to believe that your driving skills have improved. Reading through the tech involved in making the tyre, it is mentioned that the tyre channels the water away. One can almost feel that. The suspension has improved so much that people do not believe that they are travelling in a 14.5 yr old car. Makes medium to small road deficiencies in existent. Choose this tyre after many months of research and it is strongly recommend. No flats, WB&A done every 5K, N2 in it.
Doc Maanava is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks