Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2010, 08:31   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
I think that putting Yokohama down in the pecking order compared to the Bridgestone and Michelin is a case of extreme generalization
The Yokohama in question is the A-Drive. Its strictly a VFM product.
Old 3rd November 2010, 19:03   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Sateesh -- Apollo Alloys are good. You can definitely get a set of the design you like the best.
Old 5th November 2010, 03:57   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Am not sure which tyre suits the Indian road conditions well, when we talk about a good road then i guess most of the tyres today will do well but when it comes to bad roads/no roads then the test begins..

XM1+ i will buy only if i know that i will have to travel in good roads only, this tyre fares well on wet conditions and never made me feel uncomfortable while cornering/high speeds but cant take bad roads at all!
The XM1s are pretty tough and can take on most of the conditions. Mine have already done duty for 42k kms with a mix of high speed, state roads, no roads, high speed bumps and pothole hits. They are pretty tough in my view though you will find even tougher options in Bridgestones with less comfort.
Old 5th November 2010, 03:59   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
No comments on A Drive but for just maybe 5% more price, one can go in for C.Drives which in my view provide very premium experience.
Old 5th November 2010, 12:56   #350
Senior - BHPian

Buffetfan, i have stated my first hand experience now both are experience cant match as we have used it on different conditions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
The XM1s are pretty tough and can take on most of the conditions. Mine have already done duty for 42k kms with a mix of high speed, state roads, no roads, high speed bumps and pothole hits. They are pretty tough in my view though you will find even tougher options in Bridgestones with less comfort.
Old 7th November 2010, 01:53   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
I have never used A.Drive but the C.Drives that I have used are rally very good. I am using the Michelin Energy XM1 that I have on the other car for comparison.
Old 14th November 2010, 18:38   #352
BHPian

Switched from GT3 to Turanza ER60 - Ford Fusion 1.6

Hi all,
Did not get any response on my query which I had posted so went with gut feel and switched over to Bridgestone Turanza ER60 from Goodyear GT3s in stock size 195/60R15 for my Fusion. Getting the tyres were a pain as there seems to be new stocks just trickling in the market.

Overall First Impression:
  • Lesser road noise over GT3, almost absent (I am used to GT3s)
  • Better ride quality over GT3
  • Looks are almost the same, nothing dramatic as such
  • Grip seems to be better, although I am yet to try it on open roads
  • Steering feedback is unchanged

Dealer Experience:
  • Extremely Good
  • Service was fast

Did not get the tyres initially as they were out of stock almost everywhere. Called Bridgestone head office in Mumbai and got their distributer's number. He arranged for the tyres in about 10 days at Shivas's near Ramaiyah Institute in Sadashivnagar. A full set of 5 costed Rs22500/-, alignment and balancing was free. Also got a complementary watch worth Rs2000/-, the box was branded bridgestone, sadly the watch wasn't.

Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Planning to switch from Goodyear GT3 to Bridgestone Turanza ER60 on my Ford Fusion 2005 Petrol. The Goodyear tyres have done a great job so far, 52000 kms has seen only one major puncture which needed the tyre to be replaced.

My present requirements are:
1. Lesser road noise as compared to GT3
2. Better grip levels as compared to GT3
3. Equivalent or better tolerance to Indian Highway conditions, mainly long distance travel
4. If there is any performance increase, well and good.

Size is 195/60R15. Bridgestone is presently not available but dealer says its just a wait of about 10 days.

If anyone has done this switch, do write in with car details. Thanks.
Old 16th November 2010, 20:18   #353
BHPian

I presently have goodyear nct 5 195/60/R14 on my baleno and i am looking at replacing them. I checked with a couple of dealers and i was told that the size is not available in goodyear. was quoted 3650 by one dealer for the tyre and need to wait for a week. Is a michelin xm1+ and the bridgestone turanza at 5k worth the difference in pricing as compared to the nct5
Old 17th November 2010, 11:10   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen.ba View Post
I presently have goodyear nct 5 195/60/R14 on my baleno and i am looking at replacing them. I checked with a couple of dealers and i was told that the size is not available in goodyear. was quoted 3650 by one dealer for the tyre and need to wait for a week. Is a michelin xm1+ and the bridgestone turanza at 5k worth the difference in pricing as compared to the nct5
Unless you are a very very aggresive driver, you can try 185/65R14. Tires in this size will cost less and ride better because of higher profile, you will get couple more mm of ground clearance, and you will get many options . Try the Yokohama C.Drives. I have them on my Innova and love them.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 17th November 2010 at 11:11.
Old 24th November 2010, 09:34   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Apollo Alloys are good. .
Good to hear that the Apollo Alloys are good. I was worried as there weren't too many options available for 175/70 R13.

Apollo SH 39 FPGBK Alloy Wheel

But I want something similar to this one (drool stuff)

I definitely need your help here.

Sateesh
Old 30th December 2010, 13:31   #356
BHPian

Re: Michelin Energy XM1+ & Bridgestone Turanza ER-60....The Best Allrounders?

Is there a shortage of Turanza ER60 in the market? I called Bridgestone and was told that it is not available in stock *anywhere*.

I am trying to change the tyres on my Adventure (195x70xR14) and have been weighing XM1+ and ER60. After going through this thread decided on the latter. But with unavailability of ER60, I am forced to change my choice :-(

My drives are mostly city roads and highways, very less of bad roads (Amboli ghat is the baddest road the car will be subjected to).

XM1+ in the size is readily available, costs 200 bucks more. For my usage, is this an OK switch? Though my tyres have done only 32k, they are already 4 years old. So I want to change them soon, if possible today :-) Any quick advice? Ishaan, sir, are you there?
Old 30th December 2010, 15:43   #357
Senior - BHPian

Well i dint have a great experience with "XM1+" i would suggest you to wait a bit....until and unless you are undertaking a very long journey i guess you can hold on with the present set. just my thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Is there a shortage of Turanza ER60 in the market? I called Bridgestone and was told that it is not available in stock *anywhere*.

I am trying to change the tyres on my Adventure (195x70xR14) and have been weighing XM1+ and ER60. After going through this thread decided on the latter. But with unavailability of ER60, I am forced to change my choice :-(

My drives are mostly city roads and highways, very less of bad roads (Amboli ghat is the baddest road the car will be subjected to).

XM1+ in the size is readily available, costs 200 bucks more. For my usage, is this an OK switch? Though my tyres have done only 32k, they are already 4 years old. So I want to change them soon, if possible today :-) Any quick advice? Ishaan, sir, are you there?
Old 30th December 2010, 16:28   #358
BHPian

^^ Lohith, your experience in the Adventure thread is what made me choose ER60 over XM1+. There is another Adventure in my office - similar usage - that runs on Michellin and it's going on pretty well. Hence, I was reconsidering the XM1+. May be I should look at A drives?
Old 31st December 2010, 09:59   #359
Senior - BHPian

I have yoko A drives on my dzire and drive a certain cobblestone road daily. Now drove a swift with Michelin XM1+ on the same road and wow, I can definitely say that the Michelins were more comfortable. Both tyres are of the same size and pressures were 33/29 taken by the same pressure gauge.
Old 31st December 2010, 11:55   #360
BHPian

I just changed to ER60s from Goodyear GT3s on my Fusion. Had trouble locating 195/60R15 in Bangalore, was told that there was a shortage. Since I had made up my mind to get them, called Bridgestone Helpline and they provided me with their distributer's number for Bangalore. He in turn got the Tyres ordered and delivered in 2 weeks time to one Bridgestone Select outlet and asked me to get them fitted there (instead of my regular tyre guy).

Over the GT3s, the ride quality of the Turanzas are way superior. Helps in flattening out the small bumps that are otherwise jarring in the Fusion with it's harsh suspensions. Recently had the opportunity to go completely "mud and dirt" with 5 in the car on flat unpaved surface and ride and grip were commendable with 4 adults in the car.

There is a dark side to this. The Tyres feel a little squishy at speeds above 140 as compared to the harder GT3, but it could be a tyre pressure or alignment issue as well. Have not checked as yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks