Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2010, 22:38   #331
BHPian

Hi,
Can you please suggest a tyre for my i10 of size 175/70R13 ? Priorities are below in that order

1. Ride comfort and retaining the current light steering.
2. Long lasting
3. Price
4. Road grip (as my drive is mostly in cities with 20% highway driving and I'm a sedate driver even on open roads). But 175 will certainly be better than stoc tyres.

I'm considering Yokohoma A Drive as I can save around 2500 for 4 tyres over XM+. Is it a good choice for the above requirement?
Old 25th October 2010, 14:07   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
you cannot do better than go to Madhu's at the end of Richmond Road/ Shanthi Nagar side - I got a superb deal on 185 60 R14 Apollos yesterday for my dad. The deal on Yokohamas also is very good indeed.
With TBHP membership they extend certain other special privileges too. Worth a visit in my opinion.
I am sure they will be able to help you with your Bridgestones or Michelins too.
Thanks Shankar.. I dropped in at Madhu's on saturday, unfortunately theydidnt have Michellin and Bridgestone in stock.. Hopefully i get one soon :(
Old 27th October 2010, 13:32   #333
BHPian

I too have been facing the same dilema since almost a month now. Size I am looking for is 175/65/14.
Was seriously considering ditching Michelin for the Turanza but the surprise package was the price. Michelin ebergy XM1+ as on date is Rs. 4075 where-as Turanza is 4300 in Mumbai. I have never ever used Bridgestone's on any of my cars, so dont know how they will fair against the XM1+. On the other hand have used Michelin's a number of time and except one bad incident with 1 tyre am quite happy with their performance. Am seriously confused especially considering the price factor now.
Old 28th October 2010, 19:56   #334
BHPian

Planning to switch from Goodyear GT3 to Bridgestone Turanza ER60 on my Ford Fusion 2005 Petrol. The Goodyear tyres have done a great job so far, 52000 kms has seen only one major puncture which needed the tyre to be replaced.

My present requirements are:
1. Lesser road noise as compared to GT3
2. Better grip levels as compared to GT3
3. Equivalent or better tolerance to Indian Highway conditions, mainly long distance travel
4. If there is any performance increase, well and good.

Size is 195/60R15. Bridgestone is presently not available but dealer says its just a wait of about 10 days.

If anyone has done this switch, do write in with car details. Thanks.
Old 28th October 2010, 20:20   #335
snoopy41

Does anyone recommend Michelin Primacy tyres for a type 1 OHC,size 185/60R14
What would be the approximate price for a set of 5 tyres in Gurgaon or a dealer name

Old 28th October 2010, 21:41   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdsz View Post
Thanks Shankar.. I dropped in at Madhu's on saturday, unfortunately theydidnt have Michellin and Bridgestone in stock.. Hopefully i get one soon :(
Which size are you looking for?
Old 29th October 2010, 14:18   #337
BHPian

Thanks Nikhil... 2 days ago I got Turanza 175/65 for my Fiesta. Have not gone on a long drive to comment. But, an immediate change was the steering being very light and improved shock absorption.
Driving to Mumbai approx 1000KM tomorrow, will have some comments then.
Old 1st November 2010, 18:45   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
I think the Yokohama's are way cheaper than the Bridgestone, or Michelin, and it is a great VFM product, but then, the latter two perform better. For bad roads, I guess, you can opt for ER60's. Regarding availability, yes, there is shortage , but then If you look well you should be able to lay your hands on a pair or two.
I think that putting Yokohama down in the pecking order compared to the Bridgestone and Michelin is a case of extreme generalization that I would be very careful to draw.

I have Michelins on one car (XM1) and Yokohama on the other (C.Drive) . I would take the Yoko anyday for way better grip, silent ride and almost similar ride quality. Michelins have better finish and maybe better ride quality.

Bridgestones - have used them on two cars ~ 50k kms in total (S248 variety) . Well, they are not in the race for grip, silence and ride quality. Again, maybe Bridgestones are best though when it comes to long life and wear resistance / tackling rough rodes.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 1st November 2010 at 18:47.
Old 1st November 2010, 19:19   #339
BHPian

Tyre query for Accent CRDi

Dear Tyre Guru's,

I am planning to replace my OEM Bridgestone on my Accent CRDi. I would like to retain the OEM size of 175/70 R 13

The current set has lasted me for close to 60k and would like to replace them and my priority is listed below

- Reasonable life
- Comfort and
- Low noise

I am torn between Apollo Acelere, Michelin XM1 + , Yoko A Drive and Bridgestones Turanza ER 60.

My typical drive consists of city drive and highway drive (excellent highways like the ones to Chennai and pot holed filled State Highway's)

Appreciate your suggestions and feedback.

Thanks and Regards

Sateesh
Old 1st November 2010, 19:42   #340
AWD
BHPian

Now have been using Turanzas ER60 for sometime. They are highly over-rated tyres, comfort levels are low, handling is poor & noise reduction is not considerable.
It does appear that the tyres would last longer than other tyres though. My own experience leaves a lot desired.
Old 1st November 2010, 23:09   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Sateesh, I would suggest you pick any one from the list you have made! They are all equally good. There is not much to choose between them. The Michelin rides better and is more silent. The ER60 will be more durable, but not that much compared to the XM1+. Yoko A drive will be fantastic VFM but a little noisier than the XM1+. Aceleres are good as well.

It's very difficult to choose between these tyres. Go for the brand you like the best! :P
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:51   #342
Senior - BHPian

Am not sure which tyre suits the Indian road conditions well, when we talk about a good road then i guess most of the tyres today will do well but when it comes to bad roads/no roads then the test begins..

XM1+ i will buy only if i know that i will have to travel in good roads only, this tyre fares well on wet conditions and never made me feel uncomfortable while cornering/high speeds but cant take bad roads at all!
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:03   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Am not sure which tyre suits the Indian road conditions well, when we talk about a good road then i guess most of the tyres today will do well but when it comes to bad roads/no roads then the test begins..

XM1+ i will buy only if i know that i will have to travel in good roads only, this tyre fares well on wet conditions and never made me feel uncomfortable while cornering/high speeds but cant take bad roads at all!
I have to disagree. I'm running XM1+ on my i10 (175/70x13). 2 weeks back was my first time on the Bangalore-Mysore highway.

I banged over at least 5 un marked speed breakers at speeds between 60 to 70 kph and the XM1+ took them really well. No signs of impact anywhere.

There were also instances where I crashed onto potholes now and then. Everytime I check the tyres fearing a cut only to see nothing.

You may be talking about the XM1 which had a very soft sidewall. This was addressed by Michelin in the XM1+.

14,000 kms and still going strong. I'm starting to like these tyres more and more.

PS: I'm not a fanboy. The MRF ZVTS on my M800 would still win when it comes to sidewall strength. The XM1+ is only a little behind.

Last edited by para_7k : 2nd November 2010 at 11:05.
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:37   #344
Senior - BHPian

Para, well as per your report you have ot driven5% of bad roads what my car/tyres have seen. please do visit nh48/17 and the regiaon around it drive for about 10k kms and then we will see the tyres!

am talking about "XM1+" tyres here and again talking after using it in very bad conditions! so if anyone has driven around this region for more the 10k kms then they can dispute my feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
I have to disagree. I'm running XM1+ on my i10 (175/70x13). 2 weeks back was my first time on the Bangalore-Mysore highway.

I banged over at least 5 un marked speed breakers at speeds between 60 to 70 kph and the XM1+ took them really well. No signs of impact anywhere.

There were also instances where I crashed onto potholes now and then. Everytime I check the tyres fearing a cut only to see nothing.

You may be talking about the XM1 which had a very soft sidewall. This was addressed by Michelin in the XM1+.

14,000 kms and still going strong. I'm starting to like these tyres more and more.

PS: I'm not a fanboy. The MRF ZVTS on my M800 would still win when it comes to sidewall strength. The XM1+ is only a little behind.
Old 2nd November 2010, 17:55   #345
BHPian

Yoko it may be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I would suggest you pick any one from the list you have made! They are all equally good. There is not much to choose between them.
Nihkil - Thanks for your suggestions (as always). I am almost sold on Yoko A drive. Will decide the right time and ping you (or Madhu's) . Had a question about good alloys. S928 from Apollo ??

Quote:

Thanks Lothirao - My concerns was on the soft side wall will with stand the bad roads (XM1+). From all the discussions it does seem to be pointing to the fact that XM1+ is better than XM1 but Yoko apparently could be a better choice. Now only time will tell.

Quote:
Para, well as per your report you have ot driven5% of bad roads what my car/tyres have seen. please do visit nh48/17
"XM1+" tyres here and again talking after using it in very bad conditions ..

Lothirao NH 48 / 17 unfortunately seems to be the benchmark for bad roads but the roads that I travel on may not be as bad as these but will have huge pot holes though

Last edited by csateesh : 2nd November 2010 at 17:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks