Old 4th September 2010, 02:06   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Guys need urgent Advice..
Car .. Palio 1.9 D
Current Tyres XM1 185/70 R 13
Running 43 000 Kms +
Now its time to change the tyres and am upgrading to 14" Fiat Adventure alloys, which i have brough already.
I am very happy with XM1, but one of my XM1, suffered side cut, blame it to our roads, which 14" tyre profile should i go for and which brand Michelin/Bridgestone.
Raods in our are are worst in India, i can bet on that.
Are XM+ better than XM1 when it comes to Bad Roads..?
I would suggest you go for Turanzas. They have a side wall protector, and also by default, the side wall is harder than the XM1+. Also, I have noticed that the body roll is very much less in the Turanzas.

Please note that in my experience, they have a very shorter life than the XM1+.
Old 9th September 2010, 15:23   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Please note that in my experience, they have a very shorter life than the XM1+.
Can someone else comment on this?
I am also thinking of going for Turanza over XM1+ for my NHC even though my priority is comfort. I do not want to be bothered with sidewall bulges etc.
How is the comparison of the life of the two tyres.
Old 9th September 2010, 15:31   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
Can someone else comment on this?
I am also thinking of going for Turanza over XM1+ for my NHC even though my priority is comfort. I do not want to be bothered with sidewall bulges etc.
How is the comparison of the life of the two tyres.
Well i dont agree with this, My OHC had Turanza for about 25k kms and it looked good as new while the xm1+ has done 16k+ and has lots of cuts and bruises and also can see pretty fast wear...

WHile both the cars has stiffened suspension and have been used in the similar terrain.

With XM1+ the ride on rough.bad stretches is very bad while ER60 never made me feel that am on a bad road...am not sure this aspect can be compared but since both had stiffened suspensions i am taking it to consideration...

however this is just my point of view and have made up my mind that i will never will go for Mich again!
Old 10th September 2010, 03:17   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Well i dont agree with this, My OHC had Turanza for about 25k kms and it looked good as new while the xm1+ has done 16k+ and has lots of cuts and bruises and also can see pretty fast wear...

With XM1+ the ride on rough.bad stretches is very bad while ER60 never made me feel that am on a bad road...
hi lohithrao, um.. well, in my case its the exact opposite. My Turanzas have run 17k and they are about to get replaced, but the Micheline's have done about 9k and still look pretty new. Dunno if its a case of bad quality tyres from the dealer, but its my experience.

Quote:
turanzas offer better cornering grip and less body roll. but then, the XM1+ are much more comfy than the Turanzas, I guess its because of the soft side wall.

- My two cents.
Old 10th September 2010, 09:52   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi lohithrao, um.. well, in my case its the exact opposite. My Turanzas have run 17k and they are about to get replaced,

Which turanza ? ER 60 ?
What car ?
What size ?
Old 10th September 2010, 15:27   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Which turanza ? ER 60 ?
Yeah, ER 60

Quote:
What car ?
Ford IKON Flair, 2007

Quote:
What size ?
185/70/13

KMS Run - 18500

Current Status.

Michelin Energy XM1+ & Bridgestone Turanza ER-60....The Best Allrounders?-turanza.jpg

-------------------------------------------------

Michelin XM1+

Kms run - 8800

Current status

Michelin Energy XM1+ & Bridgestone Turanza ER-60....The Best Allrounders?-michelin.jpg
Old 10th September 2010, 15:40   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

I used the Michelins XM1+ for 20,000kms and they looked so new at 20K kms period it was almost like i bought them off the store. And, not a single puncture for this entire duration.

I sold that car and new owner is lucky and i am sure it will last him another 30K kms atleast.
Old 10th September 2010, 15:45   #308
BHPian

Since the experience of using both the Tyre brands are different for different users, don't you feel guys, it all depends on how one drives and the terrain on which it is driven?

Just my query on this..
Old 10th September 2010, 17:16   #309
BHPian

I have no prior experience of XM1 but i have driven my lancer for 50k on bridgestine turanza ER60 over 2 and half years.
The side wall is pretty tough and dont have any cuts on bulges. My driving isnt exactly where i would crawl on every pothole. The turanzas have held very well.
There is hardly any significant wear i feel the tyres will last another 10 15k min.
The road noise is not something to get bothered. I have never experinced comfort oriented tyres for longer periods but didn't feel the need for more silent tyres. Btw with decent ICE who worries about roadnoise.

If u regularly drive on bad pothole ridden broken, i would recommend the turanza ER60 based on my experience.
Old 24th September 2010, 10:42   #310
BHPian

Guys Finally Brought Michelin XM1 Energy +,
Size 185/65 R14
Price: 4100/- For Each
Quantity: 4
Also got the Original Fiat Adventure Alloy wheels from Kurla at 7500/- new condition.
Not Driven car much after fitting the tyres, but my earlier tyres were 185/70 R13 , feeling the ride on little bit harsh, but no complaints.
I really wants to go for Bridgestone but don’t know why at the last moment took the decision to go for XM1's.

Thanks all for the advice.
Now going tomorrow for Team Bhp Drive at Kaas.Lets see how the tyres performs.
Old 24th September 2010, 10:50   #311
Senior - BHPian

Well i guess i can answer this question as i have used both the tyres and driven in similar condition, though on different cars but that should not be a huge factor as both has stiffened suspensions.

My verdict, XM1+ is a good tyre but its is meant for good roads only!

Where as Turanza takes horrible roads/no roads comfortably and doesnt show any signs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Since the experience of using both the Tyre brands are different for different users, don't you feel guys, it all depends on how one drives and the terrain on which it is driven?

Just my query on this..

Last edited by lohithrao : 24th September 2010 at 10:54.
Old 27th September 2010, 19:03   #312

Hi Guys!

Lots of information is this thread, and that's what sets Team-BHP apart! Anyway, coming to the point, I'm planning to get new tyres for my 2003 model Esteem LxI (MPFI). The stick tyres are 155. What would be a good size? And ofcourse the million dollor question: XM1+ or Turanza

Comments/suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks in advance
Old 27th September 2010, 19:57   #313
AWD
BHPian

I recently changed to Turanza ER60 on my car, size 195/60/15.
Not mush impressed after initial usage. Steering effort & noise reduction are the only +ves I could make out. Smaller contact patch from 205 to 195 could be responsible for steering effect though.
Ride comfort which was my top priority has either remained same or deteriorated, handling too was better before.
I'd say these are over-rated tyres.
Old 29th September 2010, 02:32   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Ride comfort which was my top priority has either remained same or deteriorated, handling too was better before.
I'd say these are over-rated tyres.
Hi AWD, Could you please specify which brand/make tires you were using before so that we could get an idea of the comparison?
Old 29th September 2010, 10:04   #315
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Hi AWD, Could you please specify which brand/make tires you were using before?
Yes, I was on Goodyear Venturas - 205/60/15. These tyres were biased towards wet handling & were performance + rotational tyres.

I would rate these tyres as "Poor". Now, come in the much acclaimed(at least on this board) Bridgestone Turanzas & I was wishing for a sea change but sadly the new set of tyres haven't impressed me.

Most Viewed