Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2009, 23:57   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Sniper ---- Running a patched tyre like that is dangerous. Your life and the life of your passengers is worth a lot more than 4 or 5 thousand rupees. Please change that tyre ASAP. Use the patched tyre as a spare if you have to use it. ]

tmnraghu ---- There is very little difference between the XM1+ and the ER60 when it comes to cornering. Unloess you try crazy stuff or drive on a track, you will not feel too much of a difference. The ER60 feels more stable on the highway but makes the steering a wee bit heavier. The XM1+ doesnt give you much feedback but comfort on those tyres are simply OUTSTANDING.

Dont think of 185/70 R13.
Old 21st September 2009, 07:23   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Sniper ---- Running a patched tyre like that is dangerous. Your life and the life of your passengers is worth a lot more than 4 or 5 thousand rupees. Please change that tyre ASAP. Use the patched tyre as a spare if you have to use it. ]

tmnraghu ---- There is very little difference between the XM1+ and the ER60 when it comes to cornering. Unloess you try crazy stuff or drive on a track, you will not feel too much of a difference. The ER60 feels more stable on the highway but makes the steering a wee bit heavier. The XM1+ doesnt give you much feedback but comfort on those tyres are simply OUTSTANDING.

Thanks Nikhil for your suggestions. I believe for me XM1+ looks for more suitable as I want more lighter steering and comfort ride.

Guys, any more suggestions, please come up so that I can make better decision.

Regards,
Raghu Lakshman
Old 21st September 2009, 11:11   #213
Senior - BHPian

@Nikhil: Thanks mate. Already did the same. I can't control the urge to drive fast on NH8 and I didn't want to risk so already got the replacement. But I am a bit peeved the way the dealer behaved when he saw the puncture. He didn't even consider that it could have been a faulty tire, though I was not insisting on the warranty.

@tmnraghu78: Once you are at the tire shoppe just pick the two tires, you will notice something special, Michs are feather weight while BS are heavy weights Michs comfy and far less noisy. I also see that there are Yokos and new Contis available. I hope you can check them out too.

Guys what happened to our home brand MRF? no great tires from them :(
Old 21st September 2009, 12:02   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

MRF make great tyres. Not for TBHPians. They make tyres that hold up to the abuse inflicted on them by Indian roads beautifully. Very rarely will you find stuff like uneven wear and tear, bulges, sidewall cuts, etc... in MRF tyres.

But when you want grip, etc, they are a huge letdown.
Old 21st September 2009, 19:12   #215
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil, can you please elobrate on "comfort"

With XM1+ i can feel slightest of the rough patch on road, with ER60 i never used to feel it at all...

now on the question on these 2 tyres on 2 different cars, both have stiff suspension. i had got it the OHC's suspension stiffened...

for me XM1+ is a let down on ride comfort...

But XM1+ is rock steady on wet roads, hav tried doing high speeds while it rained hard( i know it was )) but this tyre is good on wet roads which includes braking..

Quote:

Old 21st September 2009, 19:20   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Nikhil, can you please elobrate on "comfort"

With XM1+ i can feel slightest of the rough patch on road, with ER60 i never used to feel it at all...

now on the question on these 2 tyres on 2 different cars, both have stiff suspension. i had got it the OHC's suspension stiffened...

for me XM1+ is a let down on ride comfort...

But XM1+ is rock steady on wet roads, hav tried doing high speeds while it rained hard( i know it was )) but this tyre is good on wet roads which includes braking..
With mixed opinions from our fellow BHPians I believe I am going to make tough decision when I visit tyre dealer . I am primarily looking for
  • Reduction in Tyre Noise
  • Should not feel rough patches
  • Better braking (even in wet conditions)
  • Better mileage

I am looking for some more experiences from you so that it would be more clearer for me.

Regards,
Raghu Lakshman
Old 21st September 2009, 20:12   #217
Senior - BHPian

Well raghu, ER60 worked really well for my OHC...about 25k kms the tyres hardly showed any sign of wear and had all the qualities looking for...

for sure am not going for XM1+ next tyre change...

Already i see some wear on the tyres...it has done about 10k kms...
Old 21st September 2009, 20:44   #218
BHPian

Quote:
XM1+ is around 4.5k in 195/60 R14.

BTW, why isnt anyone talking abt Yoko A drives with relation to these two. They seem to be just as good if not better(when you bring price into the equation).
Nikhil@ I booked Fiesta and getting delivery on 28th of this month. I also finalized XM1+ in change with stock Bridgestone.

Today when I was at tyre dealers shop at that time he was talking about Yokohama so I inquired about it and found that dealer is ready to offer me Yokohama at same price at which I bought XM1+.

The way he was talking I felt Yoko is far better than Michelin. I am not the expert and I haven't done any research about Yokohama on net.

What is your opinion about it as most of my driving will be in city?
Old 21st September 2009, 20:48   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
for sure am not going for XM1+ next tyre change...
+1. Read my XM1 experience on wagonR. They wear out very fast.

If you go to any multi brand tyre shop they will push for higher priced brands like Michelin, etc. It is a simple business- they make higher profit on them. Estimate your usage pattern, driving style, how much you sweat to earn those rupees, are you getting VFM etc and then take a decision. I don't find VFM in XM1s.
-BJ
Old 21st September 2009, 21:04   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Nikhil@ I booked Fiesta and getting delivery on 28th of this month. I also finalized XM1+ in change with stock Bridgestone.

Today when I was at tyre dealers shop at that time he was talking about Yokohama so I inquired about it and found that dealer is ready to offer me Yokohama at same price at which I bought XM1+.

The way he was talking I felt Yoko is far better than Michelin. I am not the expert and I haven't done any research about Yokohama on net.

What is your opinion about it as most of my driving will be in city?
Kumar, if he is offering Yokohama at the same price as Michelin, he is ripping you off! Yokohama is much much cheaper

There is not a lot of difference between the two tyres. Michelin rules for comfort and YOkohama is awesome VFM. Cheaper and almost as good as the Michelin. However, I would still say the XM1+ is a great tyre and extremely comfortable.
Old 21st September 2009, 21:24   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnraghu78 View Post
With mixed opinions from our fellow BHPians I believe I am going to make tough decision when I visit tyre dealer . I am primarily looking for
  • Reduction in Tyre Noise
  • Should not feel rough patches
  • Better braking (even in wet conditions)
  • Better mileage
I am looking for some more experiences from you so that it would be more clearer for me.

Regards,
Raghu Lakshman
If that's your parameters then dont look beyond XM1+, they offer tremendous comfort, low road noise and better mileage ( I assume you mean the number of miles you get out of the tyres and not FE)

I got myself XM1+ and have driven 7K kms on it and i am a happy man
Old 21st September 2009, 21:27   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Kumar, if he is offering Yokohama at the same price as Michelin, he is ripping you off! Yokohama is much much cheaper

There is not a lot of difference between the two tyres. Michelin rules for comfort and YOkohama is awesome VFM. Cheaper and almost as good as the Michelin. However, I would still say the XM1+ is a great tyre and extremely comfortable.
Thanks! I will stick to XM1+ then
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:21   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I hope you do not expect any wear on other tires at that odo reading

Quote:
Yokos as Nikhil says are good, but these are way cheaper almost a grand cheaper than Michs. Also the dealer will talk smooth about the tire he wants to sell. I had some insider news on Michs and also my friend is himself a dealer in other area. He insisted on Michs and I am very happy with the performance. Stock BS lasted me 51k kms with numerous punctures from very beginning and ever since I have got Michs all the mentioned criterion has been met also awesome grip. It does not matter if the drive is in city or highways, a good tire is always great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
+1. Read my XM1 experience on wagonR. They wear out very fast.

If you go to any multi brand tyre shop they will push for higher priced brands like Michelin, etc. It is a simple business- they make higher profit on them. Estimate your usage pattern, driving style, how much you sweat to earn those rupees, are you getting VFM etc and then take a decision. I don't find VFM in XM1s.
-BJ
I agree that Michs are a bit softer than BS dont know other brands always had BS as tyres. These are my first Michs and I love them. Lighter and responsive. These might not last as long as the BS but the comfort is exemplary even on Indica 20k done in 13 months and they still strong.

@Nikhil about MRF, I thought they were doing some research in Malaysia for new compounds for better grip.

PS. I have XM1 and not XM1+ can't comment on those. Goodyear on VTEC and XM1 on Indica.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 22nd September 2009 at 11:23.
Old 25th September 2009, 14:58   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I will stick to XM1+ then
Thats a good way to go.

I recently bought the XM1+ and they are wonderful tyres. The noise quotient is quite low and the braking has been good too(I did a hard stop recently inside a traffic intersection because the green and the orange light was non functional and suddenly the red light pops up).
The drive on wet surfaces was also good and traction was not a problem either.

So far good, my only concern is that my FE has dropped when I was thinking for it to move up from 13. Maybe I have begun to drive faster ( from 70s to 90s) or maybe I am using far more AC driving than before. Dunno, two tank fulls already and observing. Will keep you posted.
Old 27th September 2009, 21:55   #225
BHPian

Pre-monsoon I got new BS Turanza 60 (12 inchs) for my Zen. Till then I have done 4800 kms and I must say it's a great tyre. Gives very good traction in wet road and boost driving confidence. But I must add one thing, the trade pattern of ER-60 attrack lots of small gravels and on a concrete road this creates a lot of noise. This is not there in case of XM1 as it has unique asymmetrical trades with narrow grooves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks