Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 17:00   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanz View Post
I got 5 XM1+ last week for 3550 per piece.
From where did you buy in cochin, who gives the best price whether was it pit stop? Do you have any idea how pit stop is, whether you have visited there?

Did you buy 185/70 R14, for which car you bought, did you give ur stock tyres back. How much did the tyre dealer quote for that?

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th August 2009 at 17:08. Reason: Please take time to type in full english using proper punctuations. Thanks
Old 11th August 2009, 22:43   #197
Senior - BHPian

ah!

I bought it for 3600 a piece a little more than a month back. I went for upsize for my PalioD with 195/60 R14.

Can someone tell me if I can request for the bag offer? if its a good sporty one, I will be motivated to go to gym for few more days
Old 13th August 2009, 21:01   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullikutty View Post
From where did you buy in cochin, who gives the best price whether was it pit stop? Do you have any idea how pit stop is, whether you have visited there?

Did you buy 185/70 R14, for which car you bought, did you give ur stock tyres back. How much did the tyre dealer quote for that?
I bought them from Westend tyres at panampilly nagar. Pit stop is on the expensive side - they quoted 3750/piece as the last price.

Checkout TyreX and Global for better prices.

I got 185/65 R14 for verna crdi and gave away the old stock tyres at nearby tyre repair shop. The dealer was not ready to give anything for the old stock tyres as they had worn out.
Old 15th August 2009, 21:08   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanz View Post
I bought them from Westend tyres at panampilly nagar. Pit stop is on the expensive side - they quoted 3750/piece as the last price.

Checkout TyreX and Global for better prices.

I got 185/65 R14 for verna crdi and gave away the old stock tyres at nearby tyre repair shop. The dealer was not ready to give anything for the old stock tyres as they had worn out.
thanks man...can u tell me whether westend,Tyrex,global whether they all take the new stock tyres back...as i asked pitstop is ready to take back....
can u tell me where is tyrex and global in cochin...
Old 10th September 2009, 23:52   #200
BHPian

Michelin Experience - Not so good

My experience - I am in the market for a new set of tyres for my Qualis. Have done about 85K so far - 44 on stock Goodyear and now about 41 or so on Michelins - dont know which pattern on both actually. The Michelins are about 3 years old. I have not had a good experience with the Michelins - lots of punctures this year and lots of sidewall bulges.
Based on my reading multiple threads here I am going in for the ER60 Turanzas if I can find stock in Chennai - tried a couple of tyre dealers but they all have the RE 88 - checked with Toyota too and they too only have the RE88 which I think are not as good as the ER 60. I am looking at 195/70/14

Also I have a swift that is 3.5 years old with stock tyres - think Apollo, not sure, will check tomorrow and update - never had a puncture till date... done about 15K in it so far.
Old 11th September 2009, 08:07   #201
BHPian

My Michelin tyres on the Qualis are Certis... Am going to fit the Turanza ER60 this weekend. Hopefully I should have a better experience this time.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:46   #202
Senior - BHPian

Offlate am experiencing air loss in all the 4 tyres, all the valves have been checked and even the rims are fine. because of this have to keep filling air every week:(btw the tyres are Mich XM1+
Old 11th September 2009, 11:28   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Offlate am experiencing air loss in all the 4 tyres, all the valves have been checked and even the rims are fine. because of this have to keep filling air every week:(btw the tyres are Mich XM1+
You probably have rust inside the rims where the nozzle hole is.

file them down and apply primer.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:40   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
You probably have rust inside the rims where the nozzle hole is.

file them down and apply primer.
I dont have to worry about the rust as its "alloys"
Old 11th September 2009, 12:24   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I'm facing the same problem. I was facing this earlier, and the tyre shop could not find a puncture, or a problem with the valves. They took the tire out, cleaned the alloy neck, and replaced it. It was Ok for a couple of months, and now the problem is back again.

I think its because of our bad roads that very small punctures develop, the pain is these are not detectable (after filling in air at high pressure to check). I am thinking of going tubetype on the next change.
Old 11th September 2009, 12:41   #206
Senior - BHPian

simran, i had "ER60" on my OHC and never had this problem, did over 25k kms on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simran View Post
I'm facing the same problem. I was facing this earlier, and the tyre shop could not find a puncture, or a problem with the valves. They took the tire out, cleaned the alloy neck, and replaced it. It was Ok for a couple of months, and now the problem is back again.

I think its because of our bad roads that very small punctures develop, the pain is these are not detectable (after filling in air at high pressure to check). I am thinking of going tubetype on the next change.
Old 11th September 2009, 12:48   #207
BHPian

I have Bridgestones S322, standard fare with the NHC. I guess I may have some problem with the alloys - I purchased them second hand - but the thing is no one can pinpoint the problem, i've been to 3 shops already!

I'm going to check out Star Wheels in Ggn after reading their review. Hope they are able to help.
Old 11th September 2009, 12:57   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullikutty View Post
thanks man...can u tell me whether westend,Tyrex,global whether they all take the new stock tyres back...as i asked pitstop is ready to take back....
can u tell me where is tyrex and global in cochin...
My reply is a month late. But if you haven't bought a new set as yet then here's my info.

I bought a set of 5 Michelin XM1+ 185/65 R14 for my Getz Crdi from Global Tyres, Mamangalam for rs 3500/- per tyre. They gave a buy back of rs 1750/- for the stock Good year tubed tyres.
Old 11th September 2009, 13:41   #209
Senior - BHPian

I had BS stock earlier that served 50k on the Indica. One thing to notice was that the deterioration was exponentially in the last 3 months of its life.

I switched to XM1, the tire was lighter much lighter than the ER300 Also the asymmetrical pattern was recommended by the dealer. I just changed as another friend who is also a Michelin dealer in another city raved about those tires.

After aggressive bargain I got the set of 4 at Rs 11500 (New tire - old tire) value.

The difference is really for one to experience. The car reached higher speeds much more easier and the screeching slides on Dhaula Kuan curves was replaced by simple grip. I loved every moment.

BS were marred by punctures from the very beginning. XM1s have had its first puncture in the rear tire after 16k kms (1year), but the problem was the puncture happened during monsoon's gifted broken tarmac on the side wall. The dealer said that nothing could be done on the sidewalls and the tire needs to be replaced. Not good. I insisted and they did use some sort of fixing stick (leather+glue thingy) on two places. The tire is running in alright for past 1.5k kms. I hope it lasts for atleast somemore time.

So I think the tires are good just that careful driving is required. If you think the roads are broken and you constantly go to construction sites I think BS will be better. Nothing to beat XM1. I have not experienced XM1+ heard that these are tech upgrades. Primacy LC are expensive than XM1.
Old 20th September 2009, 21:29   #210
BHPian

Dear All,

My OHC is now due for change of tyres as I am experiencing lot of noise even at 50-60 KMPH on better city roads. I have gone through this thread and I am confused a lot on which one to choose. Michelin XM1+ vs BS Turanza ER-60. I am looking of 175/70 R13 82H tyres.

I am little confused about "cornering ability" you were talking. Is it that you are referring to more sharp turns, quick change of lanes, ghat roads etc.,? Please clarify. Would that be more comfortable to go for 185/70 R13 86H and solves cornering problem in Michelin?

I do 70% city and 30% on highways on annual averages. Your suggestions would be of great help to decide.

Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks