Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2024, 23:34   #871

Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
How many Kilometers did the Michelin's last and for how many years?
I am contemplating between Michelin 4ST and UC6 hence asked.

You have most likely changed the tyres by now, and I am sorry but I was simply unable to do much for a couple of months. I will, still, reply.

Michelin started their life in my car at around 23,000 on the odometer, and they were replaced at 98,950 kilometres on the odometer. If they were not cracked as shown in photos, I might have ran them a little more because, frankly, there was no loss of grip or performance.
phoenix1386 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 08:34   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix1386 View Post
You have most likely changed the tyres by now, and I am sorry but I was simply unable to do much for a couple of months. I will, still, reply.

Michelin started their life in my car at around 23,000 on the odometer, and they were replaced at 98,950 kilometres on the odometer. If they were not cracked as shown in photos, I might have ran them a little more because, frankly, there was no loss of grip or performance.
Well I too made a heart over head decision and moved to Michelin. Even if they complete 5 years on my vehicle based upon my low running ill be a happy man.Appreciate your response though. It certainly adds confidence seeing Michelin's running that long.
Old 17th September 2024, 09:48   #873
BHPian

I too echo the view of @phoenix1386 above .. I have Michelin XM2s (made in thailand) on my WagonR they have ran about 55kms till now and are still running. Despite being soft/medium compound, I have not encountered any punctures etc, just one or two max across the 4 tyres during their entire life
Apart from the cracks on the outer wall there is no loss of performance or grip. As expected there is a bit of noise but not as much as the JK Vectras that I had on my SX4.
In my view, Michelins are absolutely worth the premium they command.
Haven't replaced the tyres yet since I plan to replace the WagonR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks