Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:11   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

you can try Yokohama S-Drives in 195-55-15 unless you have already run a set of these! Maxis MAZ1s good from what i have read / heard. i think Nitrous recommended MAZ1s when i was looking for new tyres.

There is a review here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...xis-tires.html

MA-V1

MA-Z1 Victra
planet_rocker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:18   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
you can try Yokohama S-Drives in 195-55-15 unless you have already run a set of these! Maxis MAZ1s good from what i have read / heard. i think Nitrous recommended MAZ1s when i was looking for new tyres.

There is a review here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...xis-tires.html

MA-V1

MA-Z1 Victra
I am getting the MAZ1s as an upgrade. I already tested them in our BHPian Sathe46's FiestaS who recently moved from NCT5 to these. Really made me feel how crappy the CPC2s really are!
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:03   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The CPC2s are really useless set of tires then. I have crossed 24K on these tires, now the ABS kicks in quite often than before and the wheel spins without any traction for some slightly aggressive starts from complete stop.

I would strongly advice against these tires, the only good thing may be they are good in the wets when new. Thats about it!

What other option do I have for the S? MAZ1 or the A-Drives :-(
My friend has Michelin PP2 in his Civic and they are just 2 months old and have done around 4-5k km. Even they lock and squeal on heavy braking at 140-150. Rather i have not seen any car or tyre except for PP1 that never locked or made any squealing noise under hard braking. And yes i am talking about cars equipped with ABS here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I am getting the MAZ1s as an upgrade. I already tested them in our BHPian Sathe46's FiestaS who recently moved from NCT5 to these. Really made me feel how crappy the CPC2s really are!
You are comparing CPC2 to MAZ1
Old 22nd June 2011, 17:36   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
My friend has Michelin PP2 in his Civic and they are just 2 months old and have done around 4-5k km. Even they lock and squeal on heavy braking at 140-150. Rather i have not seen any car or tyre except for PP1 that never locked or made any squealing noise under hard braking. And yes i am talking about cars equipped with ABS here.
I dint try to do anything at that speeds either mate! I am talking about my experience within the city limits where the best speed I can normally do is not above 80KMPH and I hope its understood when I say ABS kicks in earlier than normal on daily city use.

Quote:
You are comparing CPC2 to MAZ1
I have only shared my experience with CPC2 for 24,000+ KMs and the Maxxis for a few odd KMs TD in a similar FiestaS. I am really looking for options which are better than the CPC2. Your sarcasm doesnt help me in anyway. If you can share a genuine experience it would be much useful for all!
Old 6th August 2011, 02:42   #185
BHPian

Need suggestion from tyre gurus...I have a swift diesel which has done 60000kms and is due for tyre replacement. I am not able to decide between Yoko C drive and CPC2 size 195/55/15. My priority is excellent dry grip, handling and comfort.
Old 8th August 2011, 08:47   #186
BHPian

Dear Tyre Gurus

Please help,

Which would be the best possible tyre option for ANHC on alloys , I want is 195/60/15 size and confused between Michelin Primacy LC, YOKO ES100, YOKO C DRIVE, YOKO V550, CPC2, BRIDGESTONE MY01 or any other good option.
I drive on city and highway mix, lots of portholes and broken roads( typical of mumbai
) and drive fast . I want best of comfort, performance ,safety form side wall cuts and cuts from potholes and lesss noise.
Or should I go for any good Indian tyre , please suggest .
Looking forward
Old 8th August 2011, 12:21   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teefosi
Need suggestion from tyre gurus...I have a swift diesel which has done 60000kms and is due for tyre replacement. I am not able to decide between Yoko C drive and CPC2 size 195/55/15. My priority is excellent dry grip, handling and comfort.
The correct size is 195/60-15. I would suggest the Yoko C drive over the CPC2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo
Dear Tyre Gurus

Please help,

Which would be the best possible tyre option for ANHC on alloys , I want is 195/60/15 size and confused between Michelin Primacy LC, YOKO ES100, YOKO C DRIVE, YOKO V550, CPC2, BRIDGESTONE MY01 or any other good option.
I drive on city and highway mix, lots of portholes and broken roads( typical of mumbai
) and drive fast . I want best of comfort, performance ,safety form side wall cuts and cuts from potholes and lesss noise.
Looking forward
If you want to drive fast on broken roads, get MRF ZV2K. If you want todrive fast over good roads but slow down and take care of your Tyres over bad roads, go for either the PLC or the Yoko C drive. Yoko ES100 is an outdated model. I won't recommend it. The V550 is a good tyre.
MY01 is not in stock in most places. I hear it's decent. It's being imported in large numbers through the grey market.

None of these Tyres will last if you abuse them like indian Tyres.

Last edited by .anshuman : 9th August 2011 at 16:11. Reason: posts merged
Old 8th August 2011, 14:46   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
If you want to drive fast on broken roads, get MRF ZV2K. If you want todrive fast over good roads but slow down and take care of your Tyres over bad roads, go for either the PLC or the Yoko C drive. Yoko ES100 is an outdated model. I won't recommend it. The V550 is a good tyre.
MY01 is not in stock in most places. I hear it's decent. It's being imported in large numbers through the grey market.

None of these Tyres will last if you abuse them like indian Tyres.
Thanks Tyre genius

I have already put in ES 100 as an impulsive decision post buy last week,but been not too happy . I had a talk with dealer , he is ready to exchange to any other brand with little price cut , so I am going for PLC now , not too sure about C drives now as the Yoko website does not show them anymore, i guess they are discontinued too.

MY01 are available here in grey and dealer himself suggested against them, Checked out details of MRF ZV2K too on your suggestion, Yes I would be driving on bad roads too , but not fast on such surfaces, I would be driving fast on good roads and slow on bad craters of mumbai roads and rural roads, thus as You said PLC is my final chocie. I hope this is the reight choice this time.

Thanks again man
Old 2nd November 2011, 14:16   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Heavy wear in my CPC2, especially the front. In four months and 5000kms, the front has only half the tread as the rear. I want to rotate the tyres, but is it advisable to put the low tread tyres in the back?
My affair with the Conti CPC2 ended in a sour note when a pair wore itself out in 10K kms flat. The other pair had some more kms in it, but I decided to change all four. Since this was an unexpected one, I settled for the cheapest one I could find, and decided not to take any more "expert advises" from the dealer, who had recommended the CPC2 to me last time. It now rides on Yoko A-drive, stock size. Some amount of comfort is missing, but I hope this one lasts for some time.
Old 13th February 2012, 17:16   #190
BHPian

Hi ,

I'm planning to upgrade my existing Michelin 185/65 R14 XM1+ with CPC2 195/60 R14 for my fiesta diesel. Is this the correct upgrade? what i meant that Conti 195 section is little less in width that michelin 195 section. Kindly suggest me
Old 14th February 2012, 12:41   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Get the MRF ZLO in 195/60-14. Substantially better than the CPC2.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 12:50   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Get the MRF ZLO in 195/60-14. Substantially better than the CPC2.
Thanks Nikihil,

I'm looking for your advise for the same on this post as well
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2680281
Old 15th February 2012, 21:10   #193
BHPian

I recently updated the tyres on my Jazz to 195/60/15 Yoko C Drive tyre as recommended by Deepak of Tyrestore chennai (who in turn is recommended by several team-bhpians). Hope this helps as ANHC and Jazz have the same tyre specification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
Dear Tyre Gurus

Please help,

Looking forward
Old 19th April 2012, 08:02   #194
BHPian

Guys, need your help to upgrade the tyres on my Cruze. I want to change the stock JK Vectras (205/60/R16) to Conti CPC2 225/55/R16. But getting CPC2s is a problem in Kochi as no tyre shop has it in stocks now. I have been waiting for the new stocks to arrive for more than 2 months. I don't think I should wait any more as one of the Vectras was punctured beyond repair. Can you guys please suggest the next best alternative for CPC2? Should I go for Michelin or Yoko? I'm looking for good ride quality and decent grip. Any suggestions, please?
Old 9th August 2012, 12:37   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Continental CPC2 in 205/65-15 on a Civic.

Good solid tyre. Initially the tyres grip very well but fade after 20,000 kms. Even after that, it's still a very grippy tyre. It does squeal a lot though.

Ride comfort can be better. However, the advantage of the stiff sidewall is that these tyres are very very rugged. These tyres on a Civic have gone off-roading in Coorg and Chikmagalur and never even had a puncture!

Recently had a puncture in the city and the pressure gauge showed ZERO PSI. But the tyre looked ok. Checked it and it was a proper puncture. A nice nail had made itself at home.

The tyre was basically behaving like a run flat! Mighty impressed with the tyre today.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks