Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2010, 17:12   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Continental SportContact 2 is a very soft compound tyre. It's a high performance tyre. Dont compare it with the Bridgestone. I am guessing you got the Bridgestone MY 01 or something similar.

Conti CSC2 is sold in just 2 or 3 sizes in India. It came as OEM on some VWs but then due to the high number of complains, these cars are now coming with CPC2.
Old 29th November 2010, 19:01   #152
BHPian

thanks for the info.
And they denied the claim.
It's quite sad, i mean their warranty is just bull.
i mean one day for god's sake! lol.

What do you suggest shall i remove all of the tyres or
retain them and buy another 4th tyre.
Old 29th November 2010, 20:12   #153

crashoverride9x, don't keep quiet about it. Complain a bit more, insist it's their error.
The engineer probably gets paid more for the number of claims he denies, so speak to his supervisor and make a bit of a scene, and insist on either getting a replacement, or have someone else come and look at the tyres.
How could a sidewall bulge be your fault? Don't take this lying down.
Old 29th November 2010, 20:41   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashoverride9x View Post
thanks for the info.

that's sad. If it would have been 2-3 months i would have understood company rejecting it but just 1 day. Sad on Conti's part as i have Conti in my car too.
Old 5th December 2010, 19:42   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chats View Post
crashoverride9x, don't keep quiet about it. Complain a bit more, insist it's their error.
The engineer probably gets paid more for the number of claims he denies, so speak to his supervisor and make a bit of a scene, and insist on either getting a replacement, or have someone else come and look at the tyres.
How could a sidewall bulge be your fault? Don't take this lying down.
I can tell you for a fact the engineer's pay has NOTHING to do with how many claims he rejects. He actually hates rejecting claims because he has to listen to a lot of abuse from the customer. Think of him as a human listening to so much abuse all the time and your opinion will change!

A sidewall bulge is the owner's fault because he hit a pothole or a stone or a kerb or something very hard which has damaged the tyre. Now, if you want a tyre to survive in India, why bother going for Michelin, Continental or Yokohama? Just go in for apollo or MRF and be happy!

And if you make a scene, nothing is going to change. You will lose respect and be embarassed. Of course, the owners of the tyre shop will also be embarassed even though it isnt their fault and basically everyone suffers. No tyre company in India will give in just because the customer shouts, makes a scene or threatens to post his experiences online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashoverride9x View Post
thanks for the info.

Retain the remaining tyres and buy a replacement tyre. However, do keep in mind that mixing tyres of different patterns isnt a good idea.

If the price for the replacement tyre is too high, dump all tyres and buy a new set of 5 tyres.

And this is for all people reading this thread:

Dont blame tyre manufacturers when your tyres get damaged due to bad roads. I think it's very unfair to pass on the blame to the tyre manufacturers. They make tyres to be used in various parts of the world. And believe me when I tell you, less than 1% of the tyres sold by foreign companies like Continental, Michelin, Yokohama, etc get damaged on Indian roads.

Would you blame your car manufacturer if you crashed your car into a cow standing in the middle of the road? Or if you hit one of those yellow barricades used by the traffic police?

You wouldnt. So, why blame Continental for an error on the part of the Indian government?
Old 4th January 2011, 13:26   #156
BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

After going through this thread and a few others I am now totally confused. I am taking delivery of my SX4 Zxi tomorrow and would like to upgrade the OEM JK tyres right away. I had almost decided on CPC 2 but now am seeing reports of harsh ride on Swift's and Fiesta's fitted with CPC2. As the SX4 also has a fairly stiff suspension setup, does this mean I can expect the same harsh ride? Someone has actually used the word "bone jarring" ride with the CPC 2. That is something I definitely do not want and if this is the case, I'd rather stick to the JK's.

Nikhil / Tyre Gurus - please advise asap.

Thanks a lot.

SS
Old 4th January 2011, 14:30   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

The cpc2 is a good tyre. It is a little harder than sone of the yokos and the michelins but it is less prone to tyre damage.
Old 10th January 2011, 23:31   #158
BHPian

Sorry for the late post guys, Thanks for all your suggestions.
Unfortunately i lost another tyre to a bulge !! haha.
So there you go about Continental for me !
and yeah the other tyre got one(bulge), after 2 weeks.
And sorry but my main driving is of highway. And i only drive the car! So i know if i went in any potholes or not!
for a mere 6 grand's i wouldn't bother writing about it here, if that was the case that i drove it in some pothole and it was by my mistake.
I would have happily paid for the tyre.
Anyways You can't do s*** to the company BUT create Awareness.

But on the brighter side the owner of the tyre shop did exchange the first tyre considering all my cousins take tyres and alloys from him n stuff. I mean he said that he had to buy it on his expense and all.
But for the second one, SoRRY!
lol.
But It's quite Upsetting. After all the research and everything, it just saddens how the company's policy, warranty and all that are just for the namesake, Well not even that.
And secondly, What to do about our Govt. !

Anyways, Now i plan to get rid of all the tyres So anyone interested ?
PM me.
Im switching back to me Bridgestone's !!!!
uff

Last edited by crashoverride9x : 10th January 2011 at 23:32.
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:23   #159
BHPian

Difference in CPC and CPC2

Tyre gurus, I would like to know the differences between Conti Premium Contact and Premium Contact 2 tyres.

Are there any known issues with CPC tyres?

1) How do they fare on our roads.
2) Are both available off the shelf - (in general and specifically at Namma Bengaluru, size 195/60 R14)
3) What is the difference in cost between them.
4) Which one of these is preferred.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th March 2011, 01:40   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

CPC is only available in 195/60 R14. The grip is almost the same I think. I am also at a loss to compare the two directly. The company says the two tyres are almost identical in every respect.
Old 25th March 2011, 14:11   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
CPC is only available in 195/60 R14. The grip is almost the same I think. I am also at a loss to compare the two directly. The company says the two tyres are almost identical in every respect.
Thanks Nikhil. Was looking to change my tyres and found that CPC is available off the shelf in Bangalore whereas as CPC2 is not.

Raised the query with Continental and this was their reply.

Quote:
Thanks for contacting us, as you had asked the difference between our two pattern Continental Premium Contact & Continental Premium Contact 2 . I must inform you that both the tyres are highly engineered for excellent performance on road with modern vehicles .

As we are continuously improvising our product to deliver best performance, CPC2 is the innovative product with features like:
3D Groove Design
Optimised Contour Concept
Third Generation silica compound.

Above three innovation used in engineering the tyre CPC2 resulting in better performance in terms of "Breaking, Mileage, Comfort & Handling etc." over CPC.
Old 25th March 2011, 15:07   #162
BHPian

Mr Nikhil, How these tyres perform when compared to yoko . Mic and others
Your feedback is more important.
Old 25th March 2011, 17:27   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

the CPC2 is better than the Yoko A drive, XM1+, etc.... but these tyres dont compete with the CPC2. The CPC 2 should be measured against the Michelin Primacy Lc, Yoko V550, Yoko C drive, etc....

The CPC2 has it's good points and it's bad points. The CPC2 is the best in the wet and it is the most durable out of these. However, I think when it comes to dry grip, the Yoko C drive and the Primacy LC are a little better. Regarding comfort, my vote would be Primacy LC, C Drive and then Conti.
Old 25th March 2011, 17:57   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The CPC2 has it's good points and it's bad points. The CPC2 is the best in the wet and it is the most durable out of these. However, I think when it comes to dry grip, the Yoko C drive and the Primacy LC are a little better. Regarding comfort, my vote would be Primacy LC, C Drive and then Conti.
Nikhil, it also greatly depends on suspension setup. I do get a butter ride with CPC2.
Old 25th March 2011, 23:01   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Rudra I agree. But in my Civic, I feel the ride is a little firm even after upsizing from 195/65 R15 to 205/65 R15. I have got the same/similar feedback from lots of other customers as well!

Anyway, the difference in ride comfort between these three tyres is negligible.

Most Viewed