Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:20   #31
BHPian

Could someone please let me know the prices (in Kolkata) of Michelin XM 155/65/13 for my WagonR? I am looking at replacing my existing tyres. Mainly for city use, to be used by by mom, max 300Kms a month, so i dont want to spend a fortune. Any other tyre (JK, MRF)??
Old 3rd February 2009, 09:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Could someone please let me know the prices (in Kolkata) of Michelin XM 155/65/13 for my WagonR? I am looking at replacing my existing tyres. Mainly for city use, to be used by by mom, max 300Kms a month, so i dont want to spend a fortune. Any other tyre (JK, MRF)??
Suggest you to PM ultimatechamp. He has changed the tyres of his WagonR with same profile. He can give you latest pricing?

Abhi
Old 4th February 2009, 12:53   #33
BHPian

A bit off topic, just fitted 4 new tyres for my Indica from Indo Raidal at Prak Circus connector and got complimentary nitrogen charged in all 4. So, I can confirm the Nitro machine is there with Indo.
Old 4th February 2009, 14:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayr328 View Post
More or less concluded after a half day search yesterday, no nitrogen available here.
topping up with air...thanks everyone.
I've seen a Nitro machine in the Goodyear/Amaron shop on VIP road. When going from Ultadanga to Airport, it's a couple of hundred metres from Ultadanga, on your left - way before Lake Town exit. You'd need to get onto the service road alongside VIP road. The Goodyear/Amaron signs/hoardings are visible from VIP road. IIRC, they had mentioned 70 per tyre.
Old 29th November 2014, 11:04   #35
BHPian

Re: Tyres and Alloys in Kolkata

Nudging a very old thread. I'll be going in for Alloys on my Figo TDCi, car is just 6 months and 13k KMs new. Till now I'm fixated at the OE alloys from Ford costing Rs.21k. Reasons being averting warranty hassles as well as promise of quality. However, the missus insists on flashy black wheels, hence the dilemma to go for aftermarket alloys. Any reputed brands available in Kolkata that would atleast be of equal quality to the Ford OE alloys? I have been served by Minku before (tyre upgrades), the guy is pretty reliable and his dad is fun, but do they stock good quality alloys like Momo, etc. I have already confirmed with Ford A.S.S. and they are ok with fitment of aftermarket alloys as long as it is of the same specifications as the OE ones. Please help me decide as I plan to get the wheels by next friday.
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 15:35   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
I bought my tyres from Minku ten days ago. Very nice guy. Would highly recommend. There is a big new exclusively Bridgestone showroom infront of AAEI. But the boys who do the balancing there are rank juniors. The salesman is not knowledgable either. But they have the entire Bridgestone range on display.
Minku's shop near Tangra is better than the Bhawanipore one in terms of display and all. Where do you stay in Calcutta?
By the way I bought Michelin XM1+ for my Esteem. Excellent is the one word feedback. However, here I am comparing it with MRFs because that's what I had always used all my life. So I cannot compare it with Potenza G III or Yoko etc. One great thing about Minku is that since he is a multi-brand guy he gives an unbiased view.
Hi, could I have Minku's contact number please, thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 16:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Hi, could I have Minku's contact number please, thanks
I don't know if it is allowed but here it is - 9830040370
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 20:50   #38
BHPian

Actually I went to Glix at Salt Lake to find out about upsizing. The gentleman there (he claimed to be a Team Bhpian), told me to approach Indo Radial tyres which is close to the Ultadanga flyover. Went there, told the sales person that I was interested to purchased tyres for my Dzire. He told me he has Yokohoma and Kumho. Yokohoma has the best 'braking power', I expressed my innocence and asked him, what is 'braking power', he replied, the moment one presses the brakes, the car stops immediately, I was like 'understood', thinking, if this was true, why was ABS, BA and TCS ever invented. Then I told him I am in the process of buying a new car and that I need to upsize, ie exchange the stock tyres for an upsize. He then went to his office land line (which had a phone display) and called his owner. He handed the phone over to me, a nice voice, seemed to know his business, discussed my requirement, I thanked him and then while keeping the phone, I just happened to glance at the phone display, saw a name 'Minku Agarwal' I was like WHAT, the Minku whose number I have been searching since morning. I requested the sales person to dial again, this time I told Minku I am a Team Bhpian and that he has been praised on the forum. Now I am in safe tyre hands.

The sizes in Yokohoma Earth that were available

205 / 65 R 15
195 / 65 R 15
195 / 60 R 15

I liked the 205 / 65 R15, Minku said it shall fit - tyre gurus, please comment
Old 30th June 2016, 19:16   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Actually I went to Glix at Salt Lake to find out about upsizing. The gentleman there (he claimed to be a Team Bhpian), told me to approach Indo Radial tyres which is close to the Ultadanga flyover. Went there, told the sales person that I was interested to purchased tyres for my Dzire. He told me he has Yokohoma and Kumho. Yokohoma has the best 'braking power', I expressed my innocence and asked him, what is 'braking power', he replied, the moment one presses the brakes, the car stops immediately, I was like 'understood', thinking, if this was true, why was ABS, BA and TCS ever invented. Then I told him I am in the process of buying a new car and that I need to upsize, ie exchange the stock tyres for an upsize. He then went to his office land line (which had a phone display) and called his owner. He handed the phone over to me, a nice voice, seemed to know his business, discussed my requirement, I thanked him and then while keeping the phone, I just happened to glance at the phone display, saw a name 'Minku Agarwal' I was like WHAT, the Minku whose number I have been searching since morning. I requested the sales person to dial again, this time I told Minku I am a Team Bhpian and that he has been praised on the forum. Now I am in safe tyre hands.

The sizes in Yokohoma Earth that were available

205 / 65 R 15
195 / 65 R 15
195 / 60 R 15

I liked the 205 / 65 R15, Minku said it shall fit - tyre gurus, please comment
For a Swift Dzire, the only option is 195/60-15 or 185/65-15. Do not even consider any other option.

Yokohama Earth 1 is a good option. Good all round tyre while being well priced. The Michelin XM2 is a bit more expensive but a great tyre as well. In 195/60-15 you can also consider the Continental MC5. The MC5 is a class above the XM2 and the Earth 1. Amazing grip but shorter life. In 195/60-15, the Michelin Primacy 3 ST is also available. At a price difference of around 200//- over the XM2.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 19:39   #40
BHPian

I want to upsize the tyres, 205 / 65 R15 looked great. In case I want to go for this option, do I have to change the original alloy wheels, Oh pinch, I have already paid up the full amount from my personal funds, have budgeted for seat covers, floor mats and tyre upsize, no more moolah left for alloy wheels.
Old 18th January 2017, 11:52   #41
BHPian

Last Saturday, I replaced the stock Michelin 175/65/R15 tyres on my 4 year old Honda City E-MT with Continental MC5 195/60/R15, still on stock steel rims (5.5J). I am so far very happy with the new tyres. Now I want to replace the steel rims with alloys. Can anybody help me with
  • Where in Kolkata I can get decent alloy wheels? Anywhere near Salt Lake/Newtown area?
  • Do I need to upsize the rims to 6.0J for the 195/60/R15 size?
  • Are Momo alloys available in Kolkata? Which other brands are recommended?
  • Are OEM Honda alloys from the Honda dealerships worth a consideration?
Old 4th April 2017, 12:46   #42
Senior - BHPian

Where exactly is Minku's shop located , gmaps location please ? I saw one Indo Radial outlet on Diamond Harbor road and that's about 30 km from where I stay in Bonhoogly. Does he have any other shops closer by for me ?
Old 4th April 2017, 13:34   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Where exactly is Minku's shop located , gmaps location please ? I saw one Indo Radial outlet on Diamond Harbor road and that's about 30 km from where I stay in Bonhoogly. Does he have any other shops closer by for me ?
One will be in Bhawanipore, take a left from Exide Signal towards Bhawanipore. After the PC Chandra showroom/Elgin Road signal it will be further ahead on your left. The second one is in Topsia, opposite the Triumph showroom. This is relatively a smaller base. Also Minku is generally available in the Bhawanipore one. Their biggest showroom is the one you saw on DH Road.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 13:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
One will be in Bhawanipore, take a left from Exide Signal towards Bhawanipore. After the PC Chandra showroom/Elgin Road signal it will be further ahead on your left. The second one is in Topsia, opposite the Triumph showroom. This is relatively a smaller base. Also Minku is generally available in the Bhawanipore one. Their biggest showroom is the one you saw on DH Road.
Thanks , I got in touch with Minku and got a call from their store in Paikpara ( on BT Road , close to Krishna towers I was told ) which will be a lot closer for me. Planning to visit them soon and will post a feedback.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 4th April 2017 at 13:59.
Old 4th April 2017, 14:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Thanks , I got in touch with Minku and got a call from their store in Paikpara ( on BT Road , close to Krishna towers I was told ) which will be a lot closer for me. Planning to visit them soon and will post a feedback.
Oh so they have one there as well ! Yes, Paikpara will be much closer for you.

Off Topic: My maternal grandparent's house was in Bonhoogly, near Mata Monomohini School. I used to be there every weekend

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks