Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2008, 16:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Wheel alignment & balancing in the NCR

I didn't find a separate thread on the NCR so I'm starting this one. I think its a very critical issue that we face quite often - a reliable & competent shop where we can get our tyres balanced & aligned with relative peace of mind. So come on my NCR brethren, please highlight your experiences so that we know whom to avoid & whom to go to.

I know that I've looked for & used quite a few - I think I've finally found the one that I'd like to stick with (Thanks Tanveer & Nitin for suggesting that I try them out) -

Tyres Shoppe B-54, Sector 5, Noida: A number of bays & multiple alignment & balancing machines. No dependence on the "dhaga". The guys are sincere & appear to know their stuff. They take their time & also allow you sufficient time to try the car out (they accompany you as well). They are a little expensive but I think they are worth it. I would give them 8/10.

I would like to suggest avoiding the following two who are pretty well reputed but depend exclusively on the "dhaga" for aligning & are always in a hurry to get you on your way -
  • Anil whatever, next to Ansal Plaza, at the back of that HP Petrol Pump. No testing carried out, nothing! 3/10
  • The guy at the Chanakya Petrol pump - promptly turned my 10k kms Fiesta tyres inside-out on the rims when my driver complained that the car was pulling left; insisted that it was a common problem even on brand new tyres! 5/10
Even though my Fiesta has a life-time free balancing offer from B K Tyres (Lajpat Nagar), I think I'll go to Tyres Shoppe henceforth - as I said, I found them to be extremely professional & courteous as well.

Last edited by suman : 16th September 2008 at 16:25.
Old 16th September 2008, 18:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well, well Suman, scores swear by both of them, including our own 'Tyrewaala' who goes to Anil whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I would like to suggest avoiding the following two who are pretty well reputed but depend exclusively on the "dhaga" for aligning & are always in a hurry to get you on your way -
  • Anil whatever, next to Ansal Plaza, at the back of that HP Petrol Pump. No testing carried out, nothing! 3/10
  • The guy at the Chanakya Petrol pump - promptly turned my 10k kms Fiesta tyres inside-out on the rims when my driver complained that the car was pulling left; insisted that it was a common problem even on brand new tyres! 5/10
Old 16th September 2008, 23:13   #3
Team-BHP Support

Suman,

How much did they charge for balancing and alignment ?
Old 16th September 2008, 23:43   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Suman,

Hi! Suman!! even i want to know the same. Thanks!!
Old 17th September 2008, 00:50   #5

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I would rate tyre shoppe 5/10.They might have a lo of machines but only 1 of them works.Rest are not working.The last couple of weeks they were without a machine and were using the good old dhaaga way.They are not at all careful while handling alloys.Have a couple of scratches on the rims periphery where they attach the sensors.I feel that the guys there are not technically qualified.Even i dont know the answer to this so if someone can clarify this for me,i would be grateful- the guy at the shop balanced my cars rims using the width on the machine as 15x7j while on the rim it says 15x6.5j.When i asked him,he replied that it didnt matter.
Does it actually make no difference what the rims width is, when the rims are being balanced?
I feel if it wasnt required,the option wouldnt have been available on the machine.

Looking for better places to get the alignment/balancing done!!!
Old 17th September 2008, 08:45   #6
BHPian

well my experience with the tyre shoppe guys has been till now satisfactory. The mechanics are looking for a quick buck but the owner is a gem of a person. I would give them a 9/10 based on my personal experience.
Old 17th September 2008, 10:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Well, well Suman, scores swear by both of them, including our own 'Tyrewaala' who goes to Anil whatever.
I know, I used to swear by the Chanakyapuri guy too. Till he switched the tyres on the rims. Which is why I thought I'd point this out.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Suman,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBass View Post
Hi! Suman!! even i want to know the same. Thanks!!
OK, they charged me Rs 200 for alignment. For balancing, it would depend on alloy or non-alloy & the size. For both my cars, the weight charges were Re 1 per gram; for the Fiesta, the per wheel balancing was Rs 50 & for the Safari, it was Rs 75. They did give me a 10% discount on the overall bill after I haggled shamelessly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
The last couple of weeks they were without a machine and were using the good old dhaaga way.They are not at all careful while handling alloys.Have a couple of scratches on the rims periphery where they attach the sensors.
Sorry to hear about yoour stratches; I'm surprised to hear that their machines weren't working - I got my Safari's done on the 3rd (three machines were working), then had it rechecked on Monday (15th) & yesterday (16th) I got my Fiesta done (saw at least two machines working).

In fact, I hate the "dhaga" method as there is too much approximation I feel - of course, it is an art but I'd prefer the more scientific way.

Last edited by suman : 17th September 2008 at 10:03.
Old 17th September 2008, 11:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Is there no one around karol Bagh? I have to get my marina's allignment and ballancing done but am not finding anyone reliable.
Old 17th September 2008, 12:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
then had it rechecked on Monday (15th) & yesterday (16th) I got my Fiesta done
BTW,you came twice in this week and dint care even to call Noida T-bhpians.

What about some cheers: next time you come here.
Old 17th September 2008, 12:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
BTW,you came twice in this week and dint care even to call Noida T-bhpians.

What about some cheers: next time you come here.
I kept sneaking out of Office at 11 am & back in by 12.30 - will definitely have thecheers: if its sometime in the evening the next time
Old 17th September 2008, 13:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Suman Bhai.. kya hua, kyo itna pareshan ho gaye dada.. moving to noida daily just for an alignment.

I am not sure but East of Kailash, near to LSR college there is a famous tyre shop named "Universal Tyres", with the amout of exotics and imports standing in-line for alignments i am very sure he must be very good in his work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Is there no one around karol Bagh? I have to get my marina's allignment and ballancing done but am not finding anyone reliable.
Hey budd, I have hear a alignment person at patel nagar's chowk is actually very famous for alignment. You might have to scout for the same, however, if you don't mind coming down to north delhi, i do have a guy who is kinda competent in this field.
Old 17th September 2008, 14:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
I am not sure but East of Kailash, near to LSR college there is a famous tyre shop named "Universal Tyres", with the amout of exotics and imports standing in-line for alignments i am very sure he must be very good in his work.
Heh-heh, don't bet on that Ashish - with most of the exotics being brought in by "trusted" drivers, I'm not sure of the owner satisfaction aspect. How many of the owners would even be bothered about whether its accurate as long as they are told that it has been "done"!
Old 17th September 2008, 14:12   #13
BHPian

Universal tyres is in AJITARCADE in kailash colony,It is famous complex for all types of repairs.
Old 17th September 2008, 14:26   #14
BHPian

My experience with Driven (The Tyre shop has been shifted Okhla) has been good so far. I have tried many options in Gurgaon and Delhi but Driven is best of them.
I just went to another workshop in Delhi and the guy said that something is out of order and needs to be replaced. The cost of it was around 200 Rs and complete package including alignment and balancing would come around 500 Rs. I simply took my car to Driven and got it done in 300 Rs.
Old 17th September 2008, 14:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

wanderernomad - I am sorry, i missed your name at meetup Gotta know the alignment person is sud, and shop is right on Patel Nagar round about.

Quote:
Heh-heh, don't bet on that Ashish - with most of the exotics being brought in by "trusted" drivers, I'm not sure of the owner satisfaction aspect. How many of the owners would even be bothered about whether its accurate as long as they are told that it has been "done"!
Very true, but still some thing called "face Value" still exists Ishaan might enlighten you better for the "Universal Tyre".

However, another Bridgestone or some tyre showroom is there in front of "Driven" Showroom, EOK. You might want to speak with "Driven" for the tyre showroom's reliabilty.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks