Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 09:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
There is one more in Old Gurgaon, near Atul kataria Chowk, opp Payal cinema, next to Karim's. I don't know the shop's name but the owner is Deepak kataria and can give his number if you require. He too has the Hunter machine
The name of the shop is Star Wheels and he has a John Bean 3D machine, not Hunter. Tried him out yesterday & would henceforth be going to him. Charges are very reasonable as well, alignment is Rs 150 only.

The boys are sincere & cheerful; Deepak is a very nice gentleman & knows his tyres thoroughly. Had the opportunity of having a long chat with him & I was impressed.

Thanks GD, for providing me a solution close to homecheers:
Old 7th January 2009, 10:18   #47
BHPian

Hi Suman..

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Just because its located at Atul Kataria chowk doesn't mean the owner's name will also be Kataria

Are you sure it isn't Deepak Batra?
Hi Suman, though I'm off-topic, people who originally belong to these places have the same surnames. Atul Kataria belonged to Old Gurgaon (the village) and in all probability, this Deepak Kataria also must be an inhabitant of Old Gurgaon. There are a lot of Katarias in Gurgaon because all of them have originally 'descended' from one main family. Similarly, all urban villages in Delhi have all originated from one family and hence all who actually belong to these places (have lived here since times immemorial) have the same surnames. See in Munirka, you'll find all either Tokas or Rathee; in Lado Sarai/Adchini they are all Sejwals; in Mahipalpur/Rangpuri, they are all Sehrawats - it's like that...

BTW, I get my balancing and alignment done at a guy's place in Kishangarh, who used to work at the Das Alignment at Chanakya Petrol Pump. Though he uses the 'dhaaga', but he is skilled at his work. I get my Sierra, OHC and M800 aligned at his place - and please note that the Sierra 'eats' tyres like anything if not aligned properly. Till date, not had any problems watsoever...
Old 7th January 2009, 11:27   #48
Senior - BHPian

Pleasure is mine and welcome anytime...

Quote:
Old 8th January 2009, 22:49   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
I need a good tyre balancing and rotating guy in South Delhi, Anybody has info on this, The charges etc??

Im still looking of an option here
Old 12th January 2009, 17:57   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
I need a good tyre balancing and rotating guy in South Delhi, Anybody has info on this, The charges etc??
Hey Guys,

There's a CEAT tyre shoppe in malviya nagar. I don't remember the name of the road but its on the road parallel to the main market malviya nagar road.

If coming from Ansal Plaza, go straight under the Pancsheel flyover and take right from the next red light. The shop is about half a km down this road on the left side.

They charge 250 for alignment and Rs 25/ wheel for balancing besides the weight.

Naman
Old 12th January 2009, 21:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8
Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Try Anil tyre alignment at the HP petrol pump next to Ansal Plaza. He is closed on Thursdays..
Old 13th January 2009, 03:23   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asejwal View Post
See in Munirka, you'll find all either Tokas or Rathee; in Lado Sarai/Adchini they are all Sejwals; in Mahipalpur/Rangpuri, they are all Sehrawats - it's like that...
You sure have a lot of knowledge about it. Another example: All Shokeen in Mangol Pur.

Like it is said " Yeh toh XXX (the community) ka gaon (village) hai".
Old 13th January 2009, 11:45   #53
BHPian

I upgraded to Yokohamas 185/70 A-Drive

Not sure if its a

Hi Guys,

I have changed my 3500kms old tyres on my Palio MJD SDX, got upgradation done from Singh Shoppe in CR Park.

Got 1500rs each for the old tyre ( 3.5k kms done )

I upgraded to Yokohamas 185/70 A-Drive ( thanks to Iraghava and Architect for recommendations ).

But i was told by Sadarji that allignment is not required, though he did the balancing for free.

Shall i go for the allignment as well, just for the sake of it, although the car is behaving fantastically after the tyre change.

Thoughts.

Last edited by Bubby : 13th January 2009 at 11:52.
Old 13th January 2009, 11:59   #54
Team-BHP Support

How much were the tryes for ?
Old 13th January 2009, 12:10   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
How much were the tryes for ?
Hey Eddy !

The old tyres were the stock tyres ( GOODYEAR ) for which i got 1500 per tyre i.e. 1500 X 4 = 6000

The Yokohamas costed me 3000 X 4 = 12000

My deal = 12000 ( Yokohama cost ) - 6000 ( old tyre buy back )

So all in all the deal costed me 6000 + VAT ( another 700 )
Old 13th January 2009, 22:20   #56
Senior - BHPian

Sardarji is good and quite reputed. Trust him..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Not sure if its a

Hi Guys,

I have changed my 3500kms old tyres on my Palio MJD SDX, got upgradation done from Singh Shoppe in CR Park.

Got 1500rs each for the old tyre ( 3.5k kms done )

I upgraded to Yokohamas 185/70 A-Drive ( thanks to Iraghava and Architect for recommendations ).

But i was told by Sadarji that allignment is not required, though he did the balancing for free.

Shall i go for the allignment as well, just for the sake of it, although the car is behaving fantastically after the tyre change.

Thoughts.
Old 13th January 2009, 23:17   #57
BHPian

I've been going to Singh Shoppee (erstwhile Kabir Shoppee) since 2001 for all my tires, balancing & alignment (and accessories too) needs. If you do have any problem with the alignment, then go to Singh Shoppee & ask for Salim.
Other wise a good place to go to. Have never had any problems with either balancing or alignment issues. Tends to be expensive than other places though.
But I do appreciate the helpful nature of uncle (amarjeet singh).

If any need arises, Just say Rishi/ Arjun recommended the place.
, Bubby, do you stay in CR Park?
Old 14th January 2009, 09:20   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
But I do appreciate the helpful nature of uncle (amarjeet singh).

If any need arises, Just say Rishi/ Arjun recommended the place.
, Bubby, do you stay in CR Park?
Rightly said, Uncle is very helpful and good natured and is in this business for a long long time.

I have seen/known people coming from all over NCR to get the tyre jobs done from him.

I stay in Kalkaji, near Deshbandhu College.
Old 25th March 2009, 12:57   #59
BANNED

My Estilo is done 9600 and 2 Yrs. I need to get the wheel alignment and balancing. Please tell me where to get it done in South Delhi.
Please let me know of any good place to get it done?
Old 25th March 2009, 20:35   #60
BHPian

Quote:
The name of the shop is Star Wheels and he has a John Bean 3D machine, not Hunter. Tried him out yesterday & would henceforth be going to him. Charges are very reasonable as well, alignment is Rs 150 only.

The boys are sincere & cheerful; Deepak is a very nice gentleman & knows his tyres thoroughly. Had the opportunity of having a long chat with him & I was impressed.

Posting late on this, I have been to Star Wheels as recommended by Suman/GD. Satisfied with the quality of work done - hassle free and no hang ups.

They give some genuine advice over the condition of your alloys / tyres. I recommend the place to all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks