Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2024, 19:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bridgestone launches Turanza 6i

Bridgestone launched the new generation range of premium passenger car radial (PCR) tyres in the Indian market, The Bridgestone Turanza 6i.

Bridgestone launches Turanza 6i-turanza.png

The Turanza 6i Enliten tyres, will be available in 36 SKUs with sizes ranging from 14-inches to 20-inches, catering to the premium hatchback, compact SUV, mid-size SUV, and sedan buyers.

Quote:
“Our latest product is a premium offering, and by leveraging our Enliten technology, we have enhanced the overall product performance based on individual customer segments to create customer delight,”
said Hiroshi Yoshizane, Managing Director, Bridgestone India.

Bridgestone claims to have focused on enhancing the tyre performance across three key parameters - long life, fuel efficiency, and comfort - in the latest Turanza 6i range, which it says will appeal to comfort-seeking car buyers in India.

To achieve these properties, the Turanza 6i range gets polymer filler interventions that reinforce the tyre construction and enable longer life. The tyre sidewall is also claimed to absorb road shocks, while offering a low road-rolling noise. Bridgestone has also used high silica content to reduce molecular friction to improve fuel efficiency. The company says the superior tread design further allows sharper handling and enhances vehicle control.

Furthermore, the tyres also get a high-contrast sidewall that offers better aesthetic value. The Bridgestone Turanza 6i range is also EV-ready as it offers lower rolling resistance and lower road noise.

This is made in India.

https://www.bridgestone.co.in/passen...yres/turanza6i
sarathlal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 23:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bridgestone launches Turanza 6i

These look nice. How do they compare with Michelin Primacy 3?

Also what is this HCS which appears for some sizes in the sizing chart?
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 03:01   #3
BHPian

I'm surprised this thread isnt seeing much action - and more importantly how there is ZERO information how this Turanza "6i" differs from the global "6"!
Is it made in India with a different type of rubber? In that case this name is misleading as its characteristics may be drastically different from the global Turanza 6!
Old 3rd July 2024, 09:51   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Is it made in India with a different type of rubber?
Nothing new as most tyre manufacturers nowadays customize a (locally manufactured) tyre for local conditions unless it is fully imported as a 'CBU'.

For example:
  • Michelin: The high performance Michelins sold in the USA, EU are themselves different and again different from the India version. We get the imported Thailand version, which was tweaked by Michelin engineers after extensive testing under hot weather and rainy conditons.
  • Vredestein: has similarly tweaked the Ultrac range for India and added the 'I' suffix.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 20:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
I'm surprised this thread isnt seeing much action - and more importantly how there is ZERO information how this Turanza "6i" differs from the global "6"!
I agree with you on this especially considering Bridgestone is a known brand.
I am contemplating between the 6i and the Vredestien but surprisingly there are not much reviews available on Youtube for both.
The only video I saw for 6I was the one below and based upon that its a good tyre and should last 60k.
The point where 6i trumps Ultrac is the 3 year unconditional warranty as against 2 years with Ultrac.
13:40 onward he explains about Turanza 6i.

Old 8th July 2024, 15:49   #6
BHPian

Got the Turanza 6i for my Taigun GT and so far the experience has been fantastic. The Taigun comes shod with MRF Wanderers, which were rubbish. Since I didn't want to upsize from 205-55-R17 (a weird size!), the 6is came at the right time I'd say.

So far really happy with the upgrade. The tires are silent and the braking is sharper now. Also, I feel the thuds when the car falls on potholes, expansion joints are less pronounced. Earlier used to hate driving on Bangalore roads. From an aesthetics POV, they look good, but not as good as Michelins I guess Total dent in the pocket: 40K (for 4 tyres + discount on stock MRFs).

Bridgestone launches Turanza 6i-1.jpg
Bridgestone launches Turanza 6i-2.jpg
Bridgestone launches Turanza 6i-3.jpg

PS: Sorry for the dirty wheels. Will do a proper shoot and share pics soon.

Last edited by meples : 8th July 2024 at 16:06.
meples is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 18:20   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meples View Post
Got the Turanza 6i for my Taigun GT and so far the experience has been fantastic. The Taigun comes shod with MRF Wanderers, which were rubbish. Since I didn't want to upsize from 205-55-R17 (a weird size!), the 6is came at the right time I'd say.

So far really happy with the upgrade. The tires are silent and the braking is sharper now. Also, I feel the thuds when the car falls on potholes, expansion joints are less pronounced. Earlier used to hate driving on Bangalore roads. From an aesthetics POV, they look good, but not as good as Michelins I guess Total dent in the pocket: 40K (for 4 tyres + discount on stock MRFs).

Attachment 2625258
Attachment 2625259
Attachment 2625260

PS: Sorry for the dirty wheels. Will do a proper shoot and share pics soon.
Finally, someone sharing the review.Big thanks to that.
I have a few questions as I am also planning to replace mine with these:-

1.First of all can you share the shop from where you did get them replaced.
2.How much is the warranty(Conditional + Unconditional) and is there an option to extend the warranty?
3.Did the dealer quote any number on how much one can expect them to run on an average?
4.I am sure you must have shortlisted other brands also so what made you finalize these? What other options you had in mind ?
5.Did they retail at 10k per Tyre as that's even higher than the Michelin which retail at 9.7 per tyre as per my findings.
6.How much have you clocked on the new tyres so far?
7.When you inspected the tyres did you feel that their sidewall was tad softer than the outgoing ones?
Old 8th July 2024, 21:12   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Finally, someone sharing the review.Big thanks to that.
I have a few questions as I am also planning to replace mine with these:-
Thanks, my replies inline. Hope it helps.

1.First of all can you share the shop from where you did get them replaced.
It's Tyre Empire, Brookfield. Good place but a little cramped up. I went on a week day, so it wasn't too busy.

2.How much is the warranty(Conditional + Unconditional) and is there an option to extend the warranty?
This is what the warranty card says. Unconditional it's 3 years.
Bridgestone launches Turanza 6i-warranty.png

3.Did the dealer quote any number on how much one can expect them to run on an average?
Didn't ask, but my wild guess would be around 30-35K kms?

4.I am sure you must have shortlisted other brands also so what made you finalize these? What other options you had in mind ?
Honestly, I didn't shortlist any. I wanted to upgrade to Michelins, but they aren't available in the stock tire size of my Taigun (205-55-17) and I didn't want to upsize. VW workshop once pushed me to switch to Goodyears, but not a fan of the brand. So I kept looking for a better alternative and accidently discovered the Turanza 6is, which was launched recently by Bridgestone.

5.Did they retail at 10k per Tyre as that's even higher than the Michelin which retail at 9.7 per tyre as per my findings.
Which size? I checked with Madhus and one or two more. They all quoted 10k+ for 205-55-r17s.

6.How much have you clocked on the new tyres so far?
Not even 100kms lol. I am planning a trip soo. So will know its performance on the highways. But so far the drives in the city have been good. The tires are silent (biggest plus point for me) and the drive quality has improved.

7.When you inspected the tyres did you feel that their sidewall was tad softer than the outgoing ones?
Yes. Not an expert here, but the quality is apparent.
meples is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 22:02   #9
BHPian

Just replaced my 5.5 year old XM2s on my Honda City with Turanza 6i this past Sunday. Will share my thoughts after some running next weekend ��
deepakv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 19:26   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Just replaced my 5.5 year old XM2s on my Honda City with Turanza 6i this past Sunday. Will share my thoughts after some running next weekend ��
Waiting for your experience. I plan to change them. I am getting delivery of hybrid city with Goodyear tyre.

Dealer are recommending 2 sizes 195/55R16 or 205/50 R16. I want comfort and less road noise. Please revert so that I can take appropriate action.
samitjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 06:55   #11
BHPian

Replaced the stock Goodyears to these. Replaced with the OE size as I did not want to upsize. Will update the thread as I put in more kms on these. Initial review - they are quite
Attached Thumbnails
Bridgestone launches Turanza 6i-img_9579.jpeg  

speedfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 20:06   #12
BHPian

I have replaced JK tyres with Turanza 6i for my seltos facelift.

I have driven for 20km post the installation of tyres, and the initial impression is that the tyres are silent and are on par with the continentals. I have a couple of highway runs coming this weekend. I will post a more extended review next week.

Bridgestone launches Turanza 6i-screenshot-20240801-17.12.12.png

Bridgestone launches Turanza 6i-screenshot-20240801-17.12.33.png

Bridgestone launches Turanza 6i-pxl_20240801_090244134.mp.jpg

Bridgestone launches Turanza 6i-pxl_20240801_092256966.mp.jpg

Attaching the warranty certificate as well

Bridgestone Warranty Certificate.pdf
bharathdonti is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 09:43   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
I have replaced JK tyres with Turanza 6i for my seltos facelift.

I have driven for 20km post the installation of tyres, and the initial impression is that the tyres are silent and are on par with the continentals. I have a couple of highway runs coming this weekend. I will post a more extended review next week.

Review on the Turanza6i

After taking the Turanza 6i tyres on a 400km highway trip, I can confidently say that the ride quality has significantly improved compared to JK tyres. The comfort and performance were immediately noticeable.

Previously, I always used Michelin and Continental tyres for my cars, but I decided to try Bridgestone based on a friend's recommendation for the Turanza 6i. My friend was right. The ride quality with the Turanza 6i was on par with Michelin and Continental.

During the 400 km highway trip, the car carried 4 adults, 1 child, and a full luggage boot, and it was raining for most of the drive. The Turanza's performance was excellent.
- Easier attainment of higher speeds
- Good absorption of bumps and potholes
- Significant reduction in cabin noise, especially at higher speeds. The only noise was from the engine, and some of the noise reduction could be attributed to the door damping that I had installed
- Sharper braking

I didn't notice much difference in fuel efficiency, as the MID showed 21km/l with a full car.

Overall, I'm very happy with the Turanza 6i tyres and have no regrets.
bharathdonti is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 00:57   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
Waiting for your experience. I plan to change them. I am getting delivery of hybrid city with Goodyear tyre.

Sorry for the delay - I had a bunch of airplane travel!
The Turanza 6i are definitely soft, silent and comfortable as the XM2 were when new - however one difference I feel is difficult to describe. While the steering seems lighter, the road feedback and grip seems a bit worse than the XM2 - somewhat floaty if that makes sense?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks