Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2021, 16:41   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Michelin India tyre supply disruption | Tyre imports restricted by Govt

To continue to enjoy Michelins should I move up to 17 inch rims, from the 16? Or will the supply resume in the near future?
Old 8th June 2021, 19:59   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
To continue to enjoy Michelins should I move up to 17 inch rims, from the 16? Or will the supply resume in the near future?
I am not sure about 16 but I called up couple of authorized dealers in my city and they were available in 175 65 R15. They also said that 195 60 R15 will be available in 15-20 days after confirming with Michelin person. Have you tried checking with dealers in your city recently?
daredevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 20:08   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Supply has already resumed and I guess most sizes are available now. Have seen availability of 16 inch with few dealers.

Last edited by Yakuza : 8th June 2021 at 20:10.
Yakuza is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 13:15   #49
BHPian

So I’ve been trying to find a set of Primacy 4s in 235/55/18 for my Tucson in and around Delhi for about a month now with no luck. Anyone have any pointers? Primary requirements are silence and comfort.
The only tyre I’ve actually found in this size is the PZero. Is that a viable alternative? Any other options? Car does frequent highway runs and it’s running out of rubber.
Old 17th September 2021, 13:25   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
The only tyre I’ve actually found in this size is the PZero. Is that a viable alternative? Any other options? Car does frequent highway runs and it’s running out of rubber.
Bridgestone is available in stock size. You may look up online or try with a tire shop.

My friend got it and it was made available at a short notice with current manufacturing in late ‘20.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 14:27   #51
Team-BHP Support

I haven't been able to source 15 incher, 195 patch Primacy 4s either. Only XM2 are available in 15 inchers, 185 patch.
Old 22nd September 2021, 15:17   #52
BHPian

I'll never drive with anything other than Michelin tyres, for a variety of reasons. And one particular one does deserve a post of its own.

I had done 60,0000 kms on my WRV, and though the Michelins on it had a lot of wear left, I had caused one tyre to bulge a bit just a little before and that had been made my spare. Another tyre developed a bulge, and another one a crack on the side wall. No fault of Michelins really, but I had really put the tyres to test over many runs on a highway that I frequent (Chennai - Madanapalle) that was being "built" for years now and in many parts in a state of utter disarray and neglect due to the fact that the present Andhra Pradesh chief minister had cancelled road contracts over night upon coming to power citing corruption of previous government - but then could not find any tenders to continue the work.

I found a slight bulge on another tyre when I was in Kumbakonam in the beginning of September and tried contacting many tyre shops there - it is quite a major town, but could not find any Michelins. They had Bridgestone, Yokohama, Pirelli's even, and of course MRF, but no Michelin. The tyre dealers there said that Michelin had stopped supply.

I called up my tyre fellow in Chennai, who has been dealing with Michelin for years and who I have been doing business with for donkeys years as well, and he had Primacy 3 in 195/60 R 16, which was my tyre size and also the Primacy 4 in 205/60.

He confirmed that Michelin was only dealing with select outlets, and even in Chennai, there were only 3 dealers getting supply. He said he could either courier the tyre over or upon seeing a picture of the bulge, felt if I made a slow drive back, I should be ok

I ended up driving slowly back - not going over 60 KMPH and changing all tyres to 205/60 Primacy 4 in Chennai. They had stock of all tyre sizes in Michelin, but did say 195/60 in ST 4 were tough to come by. The ST 3 were available.

I had to cross Pondicherry on my way back from Kumbakonam - and did check with tyre dealers there. There was only one dealer who had Michelins, but was quoting Rs 700 more per tyre than my tyre fellow in Chennai.
Old 13th December 2021, 22:39   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Heard the supplies have become much better and regular, with even 13 inches tyres being easily available. However only a handful of dealers are getting it. Tyre experts like DBHPian NikhilB should be able to give a clearer picture.

Meanwhile Michelin's site shows this:

Michelin India tyre supply disruption | Tyre imports restricted by Govt-screenshot_20211213223700_chrome.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 00:32   #54
BHPian

Interesting thread. I really love the quality of the Michelin tyres. The global manufacturers have through competition have increased the quality of the tyres available in our country.

That said, I feel that the government policy of restrictions in import of luxury finished goods is acceptable.

1. A good chunk of Forex goes in oil imports. And if government opens up imports freely of finished goods, then the trade imbalance will become awful.
2. I'm really sore with our policies in restricting/taxing heavily luxury finished goods imports. Many of the items that I really want are not available in India officially (Ex: Nintendo, Oculus VR hardware etc in computer games, laptops and many more)
3. Unrestricted imports will put pressure on the rupee and will not be good for our economy.

In the meanwhile, I do hope that Michelin sets up a plant in India.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 14th December 2021, 10:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

Michelin stock is good now atleast for 17" sizes. Recently replaced my Ecosport 17" with PS4's manufactured in May 2021. Not every dealer is getting stock though, so check with the priority dealers.

Michelin India tyre supply disruption | Tyre imports restricted by Govt-20211120_13304902.jpeg

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post5201839 (Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 14th December 2021 at 10:40.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 11:22   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Heard the supplies have become much better and regular, with even 13 inches tyres being easily available. However only a handful of dealers are getting it. Tyre experts like DBHPian NikhilB should be able to give a clearer picture.

Meanwhile Michelin's site shows this:

Attachment 2244880

Dear Brother Shashi,

Supplies of Michelin have not eased out. Even the official Michelin website is not providing names of its dealers in the whole of state Jharkhand.
Michelin India tyre supply disruption | Tyre imports restricted by Govt-screenshot-20211214-111326.png
The capital city of Ranchi has no authorized seller of Michelin tyres.

Due to this unpleasant situation I had to purchase set of 5 Bridgestone Turanza T001 tyres.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 11:27   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
Even the official Michelin website is not providing names of its dealers in the whole of state Jharkhand.
AFAIK, Dealers like Kundan Tyres and Kalra Tyres are getting some supplies. Although they aren't Michelin Priority Dealers and perhaps that's why not showing on website.

Tyremarket.com is a great option for new purchases and even they are showing availability of Michelins in most popular sizes now.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 16:16   #58
BHPian

Replaced the stock Bridgestone B390 today with Michelin XM2+ for my Innova from Tyre empire HSR. The stock Bridge stone done 63701 over the last 7 yrs. The make of the Michelin is marked as 10/21 and 21/21 which means 10th week of 2021 and 21st week of 21. Initially the person at the shop told me that the tyre will with in 6 months but he put three of them which is 10th Week of 21.
shalini_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 22:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

I went looking for 235 65 R17 Primacy SUV over the weekend in Whitefield area in Bangalore and visited multiple dealers. None have this size available. They mentioned only the high volume runners models are being imported more and XUV500 specific size is not coming at all. Any leads on good Michelin dealers i should try?
Old 19th December 2021, 22:35   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I went looking for 235 65 R17 Primacy SUV over the weekend in Whitefield area in Bangalore and visited multiple dealers. None have this size available. They mentioned only the high volume runners models are being imported more and XUV500 specific size is not coming at all. Any leads on good Michelin dealers i should try?
Try Madhus. I fitted 235/55 R17 tyres on my car this afternoon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks