Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2007, 15:17   #31
BHPian

I had aura on my Baleno for close to 3 years before we sold the car.... There was absolutely no problem with the alloys.... Infact for my Skoda company recommends to equip it with aura alloys only. I am just not going for an alloys because as on date aura doesn't have much options to offer me for my octavia.

Cheers
Old 1st March 2007, 18:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
dude - i got black powder coated lenso at around 25k for set of 5. so i think 30-35 is steep unless pricess have shot up in the last 6 months...
6 months is a long time..my friend...however as i mentioned- my experience was based on 1 days window shopping over 5 different shops. i was exchanging my views not starting a debate...i am sure if u say its 25 grand then it must be....however we need to look at -city,shop,design and all these vary as per situations...so lets rectify it....25,000/- it is...
Old 2nd March 2007, 09:59   #33

I contacted a dealer for Aura alloys for alto lxi.I need some help with few things.
1. he said plus sizing is not recommended as the tyres would scrape the body of the car (mud guards) when turning. is it true? anybody had problems with it?

2. he said ech alloy would cost me 3k. so 15 k in total. is that the standard price?

Please advise.
Old 2nd March 2007, 12:11   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyre_on_fire View Post
I contacted a dealer for Aura alloys for alto lxi.I need some help with few things.
1. he said plus sizing is not recommended as the tyres would scrape the body of the car (mud guards) when turning. is it true? anybody had problems with it?

2. he said ech alloy would cost me 3k. so 15 k in total. is that the standard price?

Please advise.
As far as my knowledge goes any car can upsize one inch up without having any difficulties, correct me if i am wrong.
Old 2nd March 2007, 13:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hey tyre_on_fire, my personal opinion the designs from Aura looks reaaaalllyy reaaaalllyy sad mate. You can find better designs in the other brands available.
Quote:
Dont upsize on your Alto,honestly not recommended.Even if you install 13 inchers with 165/65/R13 tyres it would touch the body arches.The only work around is to install spacers.
Check post # 99 here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-santro-7.html
Have included pics of my alto.
Quote:
he said ech alloy would cost me 3k. so 15 k in total. is that the standard price?
Depends on the brand of alloys you choose and the dealer.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 2nd March 2007 at 13:40.
Old 2nd March 2007, 16:32   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
HR and League make some of the best built Rims among the stuff readily available in India. Lenso and League are very good too, some models by Lenso are not that strong and tend to get bends easily on rough driving.
Lenso Rims look really neat tho if you like the Lipped rim designs.
I myself have Plati rims on the car and they have worked out pretty good too considering my Low profile tyres and at times unorthodox driving.
Plati is League's cheaper priced brand. Even DSC rims are decent.
SM is not all that great but some designs are really good looking.
i looked at league for my innova and i didnt like their designs one bit. at least of what could fit my car. and league and plati were priced about the same.
Old 3rd March 2007, 16:32   #37
BHPian

hey guys ,am planning of putting mags(15"inch) for my ohc...which one should i go for.would like chrome ones...hr or league... lenso is out...it definitely looks good but they dont provide single piece if required and its not that strong...i had it on my previous car(aveo)
Old 4th March 2007, 05:12   #38

hey thanx guys for all the help.ive decided on 2 things.
1 . no aura alloys.will be going in for Neo bullet

2. no upsizing(plus sizing).

actually checked few places for alloys.auto shop in Kmangala has offered neo for 10k.(for 4).so far the best deal.
that guy Kumar knows his stuff.will recommend him anytime.
Old 5th March 2007, 13:17   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnan View Post
hey guys ,am planning of putting mags(15"inch) for my ohc...which one should i go for.would like chrome ones...hr or league... lenso is out...it definitely looks good but they dont provide single piece if required and its not that strong...i had it on my previous car(aveo)
You sold a new aveo and bought a seconds OHC??
Old 5th March 2007, 18:29   #40
BHPian

guys
can u plz inform me about bsa alloys and its dealer in india
thanks
Old 5th March 2007, 19:13   #41
BHPian

ya mobike008...aveo is really good car...but mileage is bad as other chevy...and handling is not that great...so sold it off...
pls guys could you help me out in getting a good set of mags and tires for ohc...does HR or league come in chrome mags...or should i settle down for a hyper black mags...my car is black in colour...pls guys help me out... am all confused...
Old 5th March 2007, 21:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Adnan - Why don't you post some pics of the alloys you're looking at so we all can advise you on them.
Old 7th March 2007, 21:42   #43
BHPian

i would like to have similar kind of mags...does hr or league comes in this pattern...
Old 8th March 2007, 10:37   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

@Adnan, HR, League do come in 3-4 different finishes including chrome. Why dont you check out prestige? mine are prestige and is quite good, you can take a look at my wheels in my gallery.

The alloy shown in picture will look ok on a black car. IMHO, not that great. Same spoke pattern in shiny chrome would look awesome
Old 8th March 2007, 17:22   #45
BHPian

this is one sweet looking mags... are these kinds of mags available out here in 15"...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks